+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baffled

Soulwalker

Default Baffled

I've been playing for nearly a month, mostly PvP with a Rogue now at 33. I was pretty surprised for awhile of the imbalance between sides. Since reading here and asking on another board the side doesn't seem to matter -- you can rolfstomp whichever side it seems -- I decided to reroll.

I tried a cleric on my chosen side to 10 and began the fun. The losses continued now (again) in the 10-19 bracket for the usual 5:1 or this week 8:1 losses. No exaggeration.

So Wed. I rerolled to the opposing side for another cleric. Got it to 10 on Fri night, and I imagine my surprise -- no curb stomping, but the same I've been experience for last 27 days. More losses in BG at around 20:500, or 150:500 at the most.

So... so with each loss I would /log to my other cleric. Sometimes I would see the same players I was with previously now opposite me. And.... we would lose. Rolfstomp'd for a 20:500 or a 100:500. Log, rinse, repeat...

Sorry guys but W.T.F.? I can take losing (a lot), but how the fug can I actually switch sides in my WF and consistently see the same weaksauce massive victories? It doesn't make sense. If *I* was the cause, I could understand -- "I bring loss wherever I go" -- but that's BS.

I don't know if something is wrong with Rift PvP, and I have no idea what it's like at 50, but this.just.sucks. It's not worth a subscription. Unsubbing. GL.

(only posting in the vain hope someone from Trion reads cause intellectually I'm curious how the hell this can happen)
    Last edited by Soln; 08-06-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soln View Post
    I've been playing for nearly a month, mostly PvP with a Rogue now at 33. I was pretty surprised for awhile of the imbalance between sides. Since reading here and asking on another board the side doesn't seem to matter -- you can rolfstomp whichever side it seems -- I decided to reroll.

I tried a cleric on my chosen side to 10 and began the fun. The losses continued now (again) in the 10-19 bracket for the usual 5:1 or this week 8:1 losses. No exaggeration.

So Wed. I rerolled to the opposing side for another cleric. Got it to 10 on Fri night, and I imagine my surprise -- no curb stomping, but the same I've been experience for last 27 days. More losses in BG at around 20:500, or 150:500 at the most.

So... so with each loss I would /log to my other cleric. Sometimes I would see the same players I was with previously now opposite me. And.... we would lose. Rolfstomp'd for a 20:500 or a 100:500. Log, rinse, repeat...

Sorry guys but W.T.F.? I can take losing (a lot), but how the fug can I actually switch sides in my WF and consistently see the same weaksauce massive victories? It doesn't make sense. If *I* was the cause, I could understand -- "I bring loss wherever I go" -- but that's BS.

I don't know if something is wrong with Rift PvP, and I have no idea what it's like at 50, but this.just.sucks. It's not worth a subscription. Unsubbing. GL.

(only posting in the vain hope someone from Trion reads cause intellectually I'm curious how the hell this can happen)
    I would hazard a guess that you are queueing as solo?

Premades run warfronts in both factions. If you PUG - unfortunately you get little choice and yes, premades queue into the solo queues by queue syncing themselves in.

Welcome to Rift pvp, wish I had better news for you
    Last edited by Liandral; 08-06-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Shadowlander

... but you should benefit from ending up in groups with other premades.

I've had streaks of losses like yours, even switching to the other faction in the same battlegroup / bracket. I've never had it last more then a day though, so my recommendation would be not worry about it too much and stick to it.

My enjoyment of the BGs went way up in Codex (opens in the 20-29 bracket) and Whitefall Steppes (30-39) Stick to it, I'll guess things will even out for you the higher you go and once you start playing some outside black garden.

'luck

Prophet of Telara

BG has turned into an arms race of whoever picks up the fang first, as soon as one side does the other stops trying. At least that's how it goes in my wargroup.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Soulwalker

Level 50 pvp is worse i enjoyed the lowbie warfronts alot more than the level 50 ones but i decided to quit a few weeks back, warfront grinding isnt fun.

Rift Disciple

1 good healer wins games in that bracket

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure if it puts a premade group on the enemy side it means there's one thats been put on your side, remember not all premades are good premades

Sounds like you are running into premades old boy. Yes this cancer is rapidly spreading to the lower brackets. If you pug and change factions, it will make no difference. You will still lose. TRION needs to go back to the old system of matching premades vs premades.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Sounds like you are running into premades old boy. Yes this cancer is rapidly spreading to the lower brackets. If you pug and change factions, it will make no difference. You will still lose. TRION needs to go back to the old system of matching premades vs premades.

THIS. PUGGING was really great the short time, the system worked as intended. Pitty, Trion listened to all the pro whiners, who will leave their game shortly, or already did left their game ...

Healers make or break your team. I've seen ppl leaving at the start of matches because there was only 1 healer on their team, so they didn't want to waste time losing anyway.
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-07-2011 at 05:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread