+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Let us turn off exp in Wf's

Shadowlander

Default Let us turn off exp in Wf's

The answer to R8 gear is to get into the lower lvl wf's and just stay there. No ubergear. Players have to use skill.

Trion let us decide if we want to lvl our guy up. I had fun in wf's until 50. I don't have as much time as I once had. I'm almost rank 4 and now there will be rank 8's to run away from. They raise the bar faster than I can level. The answer is...........Let me stay in the 20's wf's so I can get off the lvl 50 hamster wheel.

It's our dime let us play what we want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Safru View Post
    The answer to R8 gear is to get into the lower lvl wf's and just stay there. No ubergear. Players have to use skill.

Trion let us decide if we want to lvl our guy up. I had fun in wf's until 50. I don't have as much time as I once had. I'm almost rank 4 and now there will be rank 8's to run away from. They raise the bar faster than I can level. The answer is...........Let me stay in the 20's wf's so I can get off the lvl 50 hamster wheel.

It's our dime let us play what we want to play.
    No. This would destroy the last non-gear-related wf that I can enjoy - 50, as you so accurately point out, is totaly gear dependant, and if you don't have the gear, you get rolled.

If you allow twinks - sorry, 'allow people to turn off xp to stay in lower brackets' - you'll just allow people to do the same in the lower level warfronts.

It's my dime, too - please, at least let me enjoy 10-49 warfronts, before I enter the unending grind through frustration that is lvl 50 warfronts.

Coming from a game that has "disable xp", it has pro's and con's.
    You'll be able to enjoy a different lvl range and "twink" up an alt without spending months.
    But casuals will get farmed and you'll play against twinks and premades.
    It is succesfull in the game I come from, but it has more to do with the use of them in open world pvp there (controlling lvl-based areas, towers, mining operations and so on).
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

Prophet of Telara

there are not a lot of players with skill, this creates a problem..

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiraden View Post
    there are not a lot of players with skill, this creates a problem..
    I lol'd into my coffee and almost drowned reading this...heh.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyac View Post
    No. This would destroy the last non-gear-related wf that I can enjoy - 50, as you so accurately point out, is totaly gear dependant, and if you don't have the gear, you get rolled.

If you allow twinks - sorry, 'allow people to turn off xp to stay in lower brackets' - you'll just allow people to do the same in the lower level warfronts.

It's my dime, too - please, at least let me enjoy 10-49 warfronts, before I enter the unending grind through frustration that is lvl 50 warfronts.
    You have a good point. How about this....Have a 50 wf that is rank 1 gear only or have a gear regulator that only allows so much of each stat. If you thought R6's rolling R1's was bad just wait till you see the R8's. That would be like fighting a red mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Safru View Post
    You have a good point. How about this....Have a 50 wf that is rank 1 gear only or have a gear regulator that only allows so much of each stat. If you thought R6's rolling R1's was bad just wait till you see the R8's. That would be like fighting a red mob.
    The delusional view that Trion may be operating under is this:

Factions are balanced.
    Premades are not rolling PUGs.
    Each side is likely to have a relatively close number of equal members of each Rank so that it balances out.

However, that is not the case... if it were, then there would not be a need for Rank separation. Since it is not the case, obviously there is the need for it. R1-4 and R5-8 for the most part appears to be the pseudo middle of the road in regard to the debate.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    The delusional view that Trion may be operating under is this:

Factions are balanced.
    Premades are not rolling PUGs.
    Each side is likely to have a relatively close number of equal members of each Rank so that it balances out.

However, that is not the case... if it were, then there would not be a need for Rank separation. Since it is not the case, obviously there is the need for it. R1-4 and R5-8 for the most part appears to be the pseudo middle of the road in regard to the debate.
    My friend told me of a r&d study once that showed magic players liked 'bombs'. Cards that were so good that they win independent of strategy, planning, or thinking. People, basically, want to laugh at someone when they play a 'bomb' and want to know that when they lose it wasn't really their fault.

Why do you think so few people play chess?

I would love to be able to turn off exp.

It would change the social aspects of the game completely. Eventually the flow of fresh blood would slow to a trickle and guilds would have to turn into groups of organized caring individuals who encourage their players to "participate" and "enjoy" what being a 50 had to offer them. Instead it's just a meat grinder of despair, burning out customer after customer and causing real losses to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I would love to be able to turn off exp.

It would change the social aspects of the game completely. Eventually the flow of fresh blood would slow to a trickle and guilds would have to turn into groups of organized caring individuals who encourage their players to "participate" and "enjoy" what being a 50 had to offer them. Instead it's just a meat grinder of despair, burning out customer after customer and causing real losses to the company.
    How would you balance the twink vs. new player issues though? Instead of it taking place at 50 for many, for many it would take place on the way to 50.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

How would you balance the twink vs. new player issues though? Instead of it taking place at 50 for many, for many it would take place on the way to 50.
    Prices are cheap and everyone practically is a twink already with all the cairns and rifts and world events. So much free loot in rift nobody but the ignorant can complain about twinking. Twinking also fosters crafters to get off their ***** and developers to create more low to mid lvl recipes (valor runes hint!). More people will gather for mats so it will also boost the economy, also twinking has always generated more pvp, not the opposite. The only negative I see is it could create premades at lower brackets. That's up to Trion to decide who premades queue against.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-07-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Prices are cheap and everyone practically is a twink already with all the cairns and rifts and world events. So much free loot in rift nobody but the ignorant can complain about twinking. Twinking also fosters crafters to get off their ***** and developers to create more low to mid lvl recipes with lvl in mind (valor runes hint!). Twinking has always generated more pvp, not the opposite.
    You're 50 in the blink of an eye, to an extent. I have three 50's, one in the 40's, and a bunch in the 20-40 range. Not one of them got anywhere with any of the factions as you level - because it happens so quickly.

Only one of the 50's has more than 5p - because I only took one role, played that one role through 50, and did not take any crafting skills - just Butchering.

I've played on four different shards, and none of them have had any kind of economy going for them.

With my toons, most of them do fine in the x0-x7 part of the brackets where they have the Ascended buff. Once they lose it, the pitiful gear they have from questing/WFs - makes them fodder. But then in a blink, they're in the next bracket again...

...as for fostering PvP, I'd have to disagree based on my experiences in WoW. People despised them. Once they were separated - there was barely enough of a community to sustain them. At many levels, it was all but deserted. Not only did people despise them for what took place in battlegrounds, but also what they did to the economy. A person that was not playing an alt with a bankroll was screwed at being able to purchase anything as they were leveling.

I generally prefer playing in the 10-49 brackets rather than at 50. However, the introduction XP-off would make it almost as bad if not worse than it is at 50. In order to participate, it would become a job rather than a game...
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

one set of gear for each archtype(mage,war etc)that is balanced stats woudlnt matter if they were basicly the same thing everyone else had. seperate skills for pvp/pve so you may adjust one with out affecting the other .....
    Last edited by Epicedium; 08-07-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicedium View Post
    one set of gear for each archtype(mage,war etc)that is balanced stats woudlnt matter if they were basicly the same thing everyone else had. seperate skills for pvp/pve so you may adjust one with out affecting the other .....
    So it would be XP-off w/o twinking, eh?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

You're 50 in the blink of an eye, to an extent. I have three 50's, one in the 40's, and a bunch in the 20-40 range. Not one of them got anywhere with any of the factions as you level - because it happens so quickly.

Only one of the 50's has more than 5p - because I only took one role, played that one role through 50, and did not take any crafting skills - just Butchering.

I've played on four different shards, and none of them have had any kind of economy going for them.

With my toons, most of them do fine in the x0-x7 part of the brackets where they have the Ascended buff. Once they lose it, the pitiful gear they have from questing/WFs - makes them fodder. But then in a blink, they're in the next bracket again...

...as for fostering PvP, I'd have to disagree based on my experiences in WoW. People despised them. Once they were separated - there was barely enough of a community to sustain them. At many levels, it was all but deserted. Not only did people despise them for what took place in battlegrounds, but also what they did to the economy. A person that was not playing an alt with a bankroll was screwed at being able to purchase anything as they were leveling.

I generally prefer playing in the 10-49 brackets rather than at 50. However, the introduction XP-off would make it almost as bad if not worse than it is at 50. In order to participate, it would become a job rather than a game...
    You sir, are not a PvPer to think that twinking is bad. If you turn your xp off at say 19, then you have as long as you like to earn as much as you want to spend on whatever. You'll have the time to get all that faction rep, do the quests you missed, and stockpile a considerable amount of blues/purples. It will create niches in the economy collectors at heart love. That clunky shield morons were selling for a few gold is suddenly worth something, which players then use to buy more mats with, further their crafting ect. Rare items just because they are the color blue is boring. The rarest of the blues always gets my attention. WoW didn't give you the options Rift does when it comes to making money at any level. Artifacts will always be valued and any character fresh out of the newb zone can go climb a mountain.

I'm talking about choices here, for the players. Progress, Change, PvP
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-07-2011 at 09:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast