+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Premade favor gains needs some looking into

Prophet of Telara

Default Premade favor gains needs some looking into

Ok so it seems like we finally got people rolling more premades and it no longer take 40+ minutes to get into a match. That's good.

However I noticed a serious issue. Premade matches while lasting slightly longer reward much less favor simply due to much fewer deaths in the process.

This is pretty discouraging. I can join Whitefall solo, play a 5 minute mindless fragfest and walk away more favor than I would from a close 10v10 game. That just doesn't seem right.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Ranked Warfronts with gear that requires rank and special points.

..or wait is that a bad thing?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Ranked Warfronts with gear that requires rank and special points.

..or wait is that a bad thing?
    But that would destroy Rift! Noooooooooooooo! Am I doing this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Ok so it seems like we finally got people rolling more premades and it no longer take 40+ minutes to get into a match. That's good.

However I noticed a serious issue. Premade matches while lasting slightly longer reward much less favor simply due to much fewer deaths in the process.

This is pretty discouraging. I can join Whitefall solo, play a 5 minute mindless fragfest and walk away more favor than I would from a close 10v10 game. That just doesn't seem right.
    This is one of the reasons that Premades farm PUGs. They die very little themselves, thus minimizing the amount of Favor/Prestige the enemy receives while capitalizing on the massive amounts they receive...

...so we are supposed to bribe the Premades to go away, eh?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Shadowlander

The reward for premade vs. premade is a better fight which should mean more enjoyment than just steam rolling pugs over and over. Premades shouldn't get special rewards just for being premades that already have better gear.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    This is one of the reasons that Premades farm PUGs. They die very little themselves, thus minimizing the amount of Favor/Prestige the enemy receives while capitalizing on the massive amounts they receive...

...so we are supposed to bribe the Premades to go away, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Granitejaw View Post
    The reward for premade vs. premade is a better fight which should mean more enjoyment than just steam rolling pugs over and over. Premades shouldn't get special rewards just for being premades that already have better gear.
    Two of you sound butthurt. Sorry to break this for you guys, but people who put more effort into their game ARE entitled to better rewards.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Two of you sound butthurt. Sorry to break this for you guys, but people who put more effort into their game ARE entitled to better rewards.
    All in all, I find this somewhat confusing. Why would we sound butthurt? We know that people who put more effort into the game should get the better rewards...

...so why on Earth do you think Premades deserve better rewards?

You insult us while agreeing with us... yet for some reason, still think Premades deserve better rewards?

Before your coffee or something?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Plane Touched

Don't be ridiculous people rewarded for more effort? No no no, you are confused. Only the people who complain should get more favor, otherwise why on earth would they complain so much....

I say there should be GM's in every warfront giving out prizes to people who look like they are about to have tantrums. You just need to flag yourself as "player with entitlement issues" and you get free stuff. That way the adults can play for fun and instead of typing childish things in chat, the ******bags can look at all their new shineys.

Telaran

So now farming pugs is more effort? I say you should get less rewards for farming easy content. The pugs who actually hang in there and fight back should be rewarded. Just bring back Pre vs Pre and reward that at an appropriate level.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by howcome View Post
    So now farming pugs is more effort? I say you should get less rewards for farming easy content. The pugs who actually hang in there and fight back should be rewarded. Just bring back Pre vs Pre and reward that at an appropriate level.
    If it's so easy then why doesn't everyone do it... why aren't you doing it?

Why the hell is everyone spending more effort to get less rewards? Jesus the worlds gone insane!

Or...

Prophet of Telara

All in all, I find this somewhat confusing. Why would we sound butthurt? We know that people who put more effort into the game should get the better rewards...

...so why on Earth do you think Premades deserve better rewards?

You insult us while agreeing with us... yet for some reason, still think Premades deserve better rewards?

Before your coffee or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by howcome View Post

Sorry you are stuck in your little world of misery that you refuse to see objective reality. Premades do fight other premades all the time. You obviously don't see it because all you do is PUG.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Sorry you are stuck in your little world of misery that you refuse to see objective reality. Premades do fight other premades all the time. You obviously don't see it because all you do is PUG.
    What does this have to do with what I said about being confused about your both agreeing and disagreeing with me in the same statement...?

As for the objective reality, Trion needs to implement a system that pits Premades against other Premades. They need to find a way to prevent the 3-2-1 Go gaming of the system. We all know this. We've even discussed that not all Premades are of the same caliber, so there would actually be three queues: PUG, Friendly/Casual Premade, and Competitive Premade. Yes, unfortunately this would involve monitoring on Trion's part which would require work...and well, lol - yeah, anyway.

Going back to the confusion I had in regard to your statement, I think it probably comes from the mistaken view that being in a Premade requires more effort and entails more skill... that is probably it. Oh well, obviously if you are coming from such a flawed bias... you would make equally flawed suggestions.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Prophet of Telara

What does this have to do with what I said about being confused about your both agreeing and disagreeing with me in the same statement...?

As for the objective reality, Trion needs to implement a system that pits Premades against other Premades. They need to find a way to prevent the 3-2-1 Go gaming of the system. We all know this. We've even discussed that not all Premades are of the same caliber, so there would actually be three queues: PUG, Friendly/Casual Premade, and Competitive Premade. Yes, unfortunately this would involve monitoring on Trion's part which would require work...and well, lol - yeah, anyway.

Going back to the confusion I had in regard to your statement, I think it probably comes from the mistaken view that being in a Premade requires more effort and entails more skill... that is probably it. Oh well, obviously if you are coming from such a flawed bias... you would make equally flawed suggestions.
    HUH? Yes, playing in a premade against another premade obviously requires more effort and skill. Are you telling me it is not? LOL, sorry but I don't have a polite answer to such a blatant troll.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

All I do is pug as well, and it's remarkable how often I face the same premade over and over. It defies random chance, so I'm left to conclude that these particular premades purposely queue together in order to compete against pugs. That's the objective reality for pugs, and that's what Trion needs to fix. It's not just the matter of pugs having to face organized teams; the bigger problem is that once a pug sees it's up against a premade, half the group sits at the spawn and doesn't even try. So, not only are we stymied from enjoying the game because many premades take short cuts to getting favor/prestige, we're stymied by our own teammates who give up without a fight.

HUH? Yes, playing in a premade against another premade obviously requires more effort and skill. Are you telling me it is not? LOL, sorry but I don't have a polite answer to such a blatant troll.
    Premade vs. Premade:

You have voice communications.
    You have complimentary builds.
    Everybody knows what the objectives are.

Yes, you are fighting an organized opponent - but you are organized as well. You pretty much know what they are going to do, because it is pretty much what you are going to do.

PUG vs. PUG:

No voice comms. If you want to communicate something, you have to stop to type it out. Odds are that it will just be ignored anyway.
    No complimentary builds. You never quite know what the other members of your team are going to be - from something as simple as Calling through whether they are running a build they put together after falling down the steps.

Yes, it is true that both you and your opponent are likely to be disorganized; and this means that you really have no idea what their team much less your team is going to do.

Imagine that you are attempting to bake a cake. The "Premade" baker would have the recipe, the ingredients, the utensils, and the rest to get the job done. The "PUG" baker would have...er...the desire to bake a cake, no recipe, too many or too few ingredients, perhaps some of the right utensils and probably some of the wrong utensils, and not really what they need to get the job done.

Which in turn requires more effort and skill to bake the cake?

One might make the argument that in a Premade vs. Premade fight, that the team requires a greater amount of collective skill and effort to overcome the other side... but right there, with that statement - you're already showing that it requires less individual skill and effort... it does not mean that an individual may not be exceptionally skilled or that in lacking such they need to put forth more effort. It is just what it is...

While it can be fun from time to time to get together with others and fight other organized teams, it simply does not offer the challenge - does not push me to my limits - like I find myself tested while in a PUG. In a PUG vs. PUG match, I have no friends watching my back... I have to hope the guy standing next to me has a clue (much like he hopes that I have a clue) so we can get the job done.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast