+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Valor cap

Default Valor cap

ok valor cap needs to be stopped at 1k and add no more resist bonus there after.

i say this in reason for the other problems such as your OP healing clerics which are now stacking the valor essences from the unseen vendor and getting like 1300 valor. which is like 48% resist its hard enough to kill a cleric even after the so called nerf now its just rediculous. even with 80% healing debuff there still able to survive with 5 people on them.

why do you think healing got a nerf in the 1st place now trion adds new content thats causeing more problems so what was the point in the healing nerf.

sort it out and cap the valor at 1k

Would kinda defeat the purpose of getting better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by phyraxian View Post
    Would kinda defeat the purpose of getting better gear.
    talk that that is why the game is stupidly unbalanced in pvp, why you thin kthe rank 7 and 8 gear has the same valor as rank 5 and 6

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    talk that that is why the game is stupidly unbalanced in pvp, why you thin kthe rank 7 and 8 gear has the same valor as rank 5 and 6
    If it has the same valor then why do we need to cap it, if it already is.

Ascendant

I think a Valor cap would be fine.

The essences provide a way for people playing support classes to protect themselves at lower rank. If they are being stacked by a R6 to get insane damage reduction then adding a valor cap is a good idea.

Plane Touched

I can't take anything from a Warrior seriously.
    Eldritch Knight Brod - 50 Mage Rank 8 Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Brod View Post
    And I can't take anything from this OP serious. All he does is whine that everyone but warriors are OP or broken in one way or another.

On topic, Valor cap shouldn't be there imo.
    If the valor essences were BiS, then I'ld understand the need for a cap, but as they aren't, I see no need.
    One nerfs his offensive/healing for better defense. I see nothing wrong with that, but that could just be me.
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

Plane Walker

ok valor cap needs to be stopped at 1k and add no more resist bonus there after.

i say this in reason for the other problems such as your OP healing clerics which are now stacking the valor essences from the unseen vendor and getting like 1300 valor. which is like 48% resist its hard enough to kill a cleric even after the so called nerf now its just rediculous. even with 80% healing debuff there still able to survive with 5 people on them.

why do you think healing got a nerf in the 1st place now trion adds new content thats causeing more problems so what was the point in the healing nerf.

sort it out and cap the valor at 1k
    You should really look for a proctologist, because most of what you've said has come out of your ***.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    I think a Valor cap would be fine.

yes it would balance alot of issues

The essences provide a way for people playing support classes to protect themselves at lower rank. If they are being stacked by a R6 to get insane damage reduction then adding a valor cap is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brod View Post
    and what the hell ? takeing advice from a warrior when we are the gimpest class out there lol shut up realy

clerics are the most OP class with a mixture of dps and healing they can do 1k dps as well as adding dots while heal spamming themselves.

rogues have to many buffs to stop them from takeing damage andm ages have to many dots cc's and other nonsense as well.

what do us warrors get but a reaosnable damage melee range we hardly can get clase enough to use.

stop talking realy

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    You should really look for a proctologist, because most of what you've said has come out of your ***.
    most of what i say is more sense than anyhting you have added or braught up.

i have posted countless idea's to balance this game its alot more than you have posted other than to troll now go get an IQ then come back

Plane Walker

most of what i say is more sense than anyhting you have added or braught up.

i have posted countless idea's to balance this game its alot more than you have posted other than to troll now go get an IQ then come back
    Well if you really want me to.

First of all if you're going to talk about intelligence, you might want to learn how to spell and use grammar/punctuation. By the way, an IQ is an intelligence quotient, meaning a measure on multiple types of your intelligence as compared to the overall average of everyone else. So telling me to "Go get an IQ" is basically saying "Go take an official test to find out a measure of your intelligence in multiple areas as compared to the average of everyone else". Which I'm assuming is different than what you meant to say which was probably "Go become more intelligent then come back".

In regards to balancing I have "brought" up many ideas. One main reason souls/builds seem unbalanced is because they are meant to be balanced at the highest gear level. To fix this Trion could simply increase the size of wargroups and split them r1-r4 and r5-r8.

Also, healing isn't overpowered. It only seems that way because people don't use the resources given to them, or try to 1v1 healers. Or even more common is lower ranks fighting r6s and only noticing when the r6 healers don't die:

Basically, many people don't notice that valor helps rogues, mages, and warriors just as much as clerics. They beat on a warrior or rogue that has 800 valor and he insta kills them. Later, they attack an r6 cleric healer that can't fight back so the battle lasts 3 min. Only this fight they noticed how long it took to kill him and instantly think that it must be the healing that is over powered. Healing isn't the issue, valor is the issue.

Just a suggestion but Trion should consider lowering the amount of resistance to damage that valor gives, maybe reducing it by 1/3. If this was the case then splitting the WFs by rank might not be a needed solution.

Dps wise there seems to be issues with some classes having high dps with mediocre burst, some having okay dps and high burst, and some having both at high at the same time.

Warriors fall into the last category which is why they as a whole feel overpowered against many souls in PvP

Ever since diminishing returns on CC were added, mages and other ranged/casters have been getting destroyed by warriors. I agree that diminishing returns on some types of CC is necessary, but the groups should be spread out more, each with more specific returns. With some tweaking here, more balance could be achieved, and having the most well geared warriors wouldn't be the main determining factor in many warfront matches.

Edit: Almost all of your posts in many threads all say that warriors are so horrible. Based upon people I know, other players I have seen, and my own gaming experience, I can say that warriors are extremely good. So maybe warriors aren't a bad class, and maybe you're just a bad warrior?
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-06-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Plane Walker

and what the hell ? takeing advice from a warrior when we are the gimpest class out there lol shut up realy
    Part of my basis for the above edit.

Plane Touched

First of all if you're going to talk about intelligence, you might want to learn how to spell and use grammar/punctuation. By the way, an IQ is an intelligence quotient, meaning a measure on multiple types of your intelligence as compared to the overall average of everyone else. So telling me to "Go get an IQ" is basically saying "Go take an official test to find out a measure of your intelligence in multiple areas as compared to the average of everyone else". Which I'm assuming is different than what you meant to say which was probably "Go become more intelligent then come back".

In regards to balancing I have "brought" up many ideas. One main reason souls/builds seem unbalanced is because they are meant to be balanced at the highest gear level. To fix this Trion could simply increase the size of wargroups and split them r1-r4 and r5-r8.

Also, healing isn't overpowered. It only seems that way because people don't use the resources given to them, or try to 1v1 healers. Or even more common is lower ranks fighting r6s and only noticing when the r6 healers don't die:

Basically, many people don't notice that valor helps rogues, mages, and warriors just as much as clerics. They beat on a warrior or rogue that has 800 valor and he insta kills them. Later, they attack an r6 cleric healer that can't fight back so the battle lasts 3 min. Only this fight they noticed how long it took to kill him and instantly think that it must be the healing that is over powered. Healing isn't the issue, valor is the issue.

Just a suggestion but Trion should consider lowering the amount of resistance to damage that valor gives, maybe reducing it by 1/3. If this was the case then splitting the WFs by rank might not be a needed solution.

Dps wise there seems to be issues with some classes having high dps with mediocre burst, some having okay dps and high burst, and some having both at high at the same time.

Warriors fall into the last category which is why they as a whole feel overpowered against many souls in PvP

Ever since diminishing returns on CC were added, mages and other ranged/casters have been getting destroyed by warriors. I agree that diminishing returns on some types of CC is necessary, but the groups should be spread out more, each with more specific returns. With some tweaking here, more balance could be achieved, and having the most well geared warriors wouldn't be the main determining factor in many warfront matches.

Edit: Almost all of your posts in many threads all say that warriors are so horrible. Based upon people I know, other players I have seen, and my own gaming experience, I can say that warriors are extremely good. So maybe warriors aren't a bad class, and maybe you're just a bad warrior?

While I do not agree with everything you said. At least it was Eloquent and didn't require me to strain my eyes. I don't actually think valor needs to be touched or at least not that much. They already pretty much set a cap at valor on the 5-6 level. So pretty much Trion had said Enough is Enough and we will just work on stats for the gear instead. I think that valor does help mages, rogues and warriors against healers. Yes the healers can heal but when they finally are able to land an attack that attack will be 40% less. And if they are fully specced heals then I really doubt their DPS is maybe at the 500-800 range. So taking off 40% they are doing eh about 300-480 Dps. Average P6 Warrior has around 5k life? ((I really don't know but for the same of arguement.)) So top notch DPS here. 10.41 seconds Eh... So I don't know thats seems to be a very long time and thats not taking into account a coming down hard on the cleric.

Valor Does help all classes they just don't realize it.

Even can't find words to describe how terrible op is...
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

the real question is, is why are you typing all this to this guy.

i mean seriously, this guy has a one trained thought. that if you can only dps, and you're fighting a class that can dps AND heal, you're obviously at a disadvantage.

he doesn't care if warriors have more dps, more burst, more cc, and more times than not a helluva lot more armor/hp than his opponent. no, he only cares that class x can heal and dps, while he can just dps.

don't feed the troll. hes a ********.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast