+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Defiants have it too easy... *Racials*

  1. #1
    Banned Toxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default Defiants have it too easy... *Racials*

    Yeah Trion there was a reason you removed the Racials from Dungeons and Warfronts.

    You need to remove the ability to be used at all if a Defiant player has a shard running during PvP rifts.

    70% run increase for 20 seconds is impossible to catch up to including the players own talents to continue to run at high speeds.

    Also the Leap 45 yards at destination while holding the crystal, is pretty BS if you ask me. Either Nerf the racials or remove the ability to hold a shard while running.

  2. #2
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Yeah Trion there was a reason you removed the Racials from Dungeons and Warfronts.

    You need to remove the ability to be used at all if a Defiant player has a shard running during PvP rifts.

    70% run increase for 20 seconds is impossible to catch up to including the players own talents to continue to run at high speeds.

    Also the Leap 45 yards at destination while holding the crystal, is pretty BS if you ask me. Either Nerf the racials or remove the ability to hold a shard while running.
    You can get them in combat, your mount is faster.

  3. #3
    Banned Toxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    You can get them in combat, your mount is faster.
    Not when your CCed for 6 seconds and then by that time, other defiant players come and help.

    But thats not the real problem, the Defiant Racials the "Run Speed" and the "Leap" cannot be Dispel ed or properly controlled so yes even though I can mount up, I literally cant when it comes to CC and thus it gives a beyond advantage to capping Rift PVP Shards.
    Last edited by Toxen; 08-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Not when your CCed for 6 seconds and then by that time, other defiant players come and help.

    But thats not the real problem, the Defiant Racials the "Run Speed" and the "Leap" cannot be Dispel ed or properly controlled so yes even though I can mount up, I literally cant when it comes to CC and thus it gives a beyond advantage to capping Rift PVP Shards.
    You do realize guardians have exactly the same abilities (just wrapped up differently)? Or is this a trollbait or something?
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

  5. #5
    Banned Toxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    You do realize guardians have exactly the same abilities (just wrapped up differently)? Or is this a trollbait or something?
    Give me a second checking, and I will list all the racials.

  6. #6
    Banned Toxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Guardians Racials

    "Motivation Roar": Increases movement speed 30% to everyone in the area for 10 seconds. 2 min CD. Cannot be used in combat.

    "Angelic Flight": Moves the target forward 20 yards. 15 second CD. Cannot be used in combat.

    "Density": Reduce fall damage. Passive.


    Defiant Racials

    "Agility": Increases movement speed 70% for 15 seconds. 2 min CD. Cannot be used in combat.

    "Camouflage": Changes the player into a fox for 30 seconds, decrease aggro from nearby enemy targets. Despawns pets. 2 min CD. Cannot be used in combat.

    "Mighty Leap": Moves the target forward 25 yards. 15 second CD. Cannot be used in combat.



    Ok yes I understand your argument of not being in combat but before that, players can see if a Guardian is mounting up and coming before hand, and pop those CDs.

    So... the problem is not that they are not in combat is that the timing is what makes them impossible to catch up because I have lately seen alot of warriors use the leap and then use charge on player then pop some kind of run speed making it very hard to catch up.

    Casters, same issues they use the run speed and then pop barriers, and do a shard turn in.

    Same thing with Rogues, you are all aware of the shard runner spec combined with rift stalker, and with the 70% speed racial they can pop another 70% speed ability and wrap forward.



    Edit: One of the main reason the racials were disabled in Warfront was because of Whitefall when picking up shards, and basically the PvP Rifts are the same set up as whitefall.
    Last edited by Toxen; 08-06-2011 at 01:51 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    don't forget the fact that defiant can use the 70% speed buff WHILE STEALTHED.. to run faster than a mount (60%) while maintaining stealth
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

  8. #8
    Banned Toxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Well I just want to make it Clear, I am not asking for the racials to be removed and really dont care if they are nerfed or not but I rather have the racials from either faction disabled the moment you pick up a shard from a PvP Rift.

    Edit: Also for those that try to bypass this idea, the moment they pick up this shard, they lose the racial buffs, if they pop the speed buffs before hand.
    Last edited by Toxen; 08-06-2011 at 02:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Once in combat, they are unusable. Put them into combat, you know, maybe actually PvP? lol

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nukin View Post
    Once in combat, they are unusable. Put them into combat, you know, maybe actually PvP? lol
    <mildly> I thought it was pretty plain from his post that he was mounting up to try to catch his opponent. That would indicate that he was out of range. Glib answers are not always right answers.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Lol... someone never saw the godmode Kelari racial from beta. Be thankful that isnt still around and use your mount. 110% > 70%. If that doesn't work then intercept them near the drop off point.

    Also, the run speed buff is for 15 seconds, not 20. Bladedancer has a longer duration buff.

    The jump is nowhere near 45 meter distance. Quit fabricating numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    don't forget the fact that defiant can use the 70% speed buff WHILE STEALTHED.. to run faster than a mount (60%) while maintaining stealth

    Now what level 50 is running around with a 60% speed mount.... come on!


    Next is that the only racial I will give you that is messed up is the Kelari one. ((Yes I play a Kelari on Sunrest.)) The ability to take oneself off the grid for 30 seconds has saved me so many times... but that also means that the visage of death or any other illusions also work.


    But I feel the nerf bat will swing on the racials again... And my question is WHY ****ING HAVE THEM??? I mean they are practically useless in all but very very specific situations. Why not give racials some usefulness. I mean how about giving people 3-4 racial abilities and that they can have more aspected than just a useless ability ((Anyone who says there is a use for the kelari racial compared to the others is just flat out lying or they are truely ignorant)) ((other than running stones in PvP rifts))

    Seriously I think Racials need to be expanded to add some depths... but I guess that is where the AA system might come into play. Racial AA's and Calling AA's ((And I hope that if they do the Racial AA's that each race gets some unique AA's))

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Scerun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    365

    Default

    My view on racials has always been like so:

    Racials shouldn't grant stats or defensive / offensive edges, but rather change the way the player can interact with the map. The idea of having a racial that allowed my character to leap forward to scale wider gaps has always tickled my fancy.
    "Ah could blow both yer nuts right awf using n'more than this 'ere spoon and a piece o' sweetcorn, aye."
    Keen-Eye Bill, leader of <Culinary Six-Shooter Extraordinaire's Swish 'n' Swanky Super-Spiffing Members-Only Club>
    Impeccable aim, and an all-round impressive bloke.

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Yeah Trion there was a reason you removed the Racials from Dungeons and Warfronts.

    You need to remove the ability to be used at all if a Defiant player has a shard running during PvP rifts.

    70% run increase for 20 seconds is impossible to catch up to including the players own talents to continue to run at high speeds.

    Also the Leap 45 yards at destination while holding the crystal, is pretty BS if you ask me. Either Nerf the racials or remove the ability to hold a shard while running.
    Just putting this out there. You can't use that ability while in combat. So yeah.. if you're far enough away that you can't attack them then you couldn't catch them anyways.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts