+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Unseen (Reputation) = PvE Questing For PvP Players...

Telaran

Default The Unseen (Reputation) = PvE Questing For PvP Players...

Lets be honest about this, 90% of this reputation grind is PvE questing in contested zones. Collection and NPC killing to gain reputation is not PvP even in contested zones. Adding to this insult is the addition of Synergy Crystals obtained from this reputation to equip PvP gear is beyond blood boiling.

Is TRION forcing PvE on it's PvP players? Err, YES !!!

World PvP is simple in my opinion. Make something significant to capture that gives your side access to something (maybe a dungeon with PvP legendary weapons) locking out the other side and/or increased bonus to favor.

Or with the implementation of this new Whitefall Steppes (if not replacing the current version) as The Unseen reputation warfront.

I personally do not appreciate being forced to PvE to compete in PvP. As I understand it (could be wrong as I do not PvE) players that PvE do not have to PvP to compete. Why should we?

As an avid PvP'er to the developers I do not care about content. I only care about combat mechanics, balance (not care-bear catering) and kicking my opponent's arse...

Last edited by Curari; 08-05-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Plane Touched

One of the devs mentioned the idea for the pvp daily quests was to encourage world pvp. By having both factions go into the same area and both killing the same mobs, while having a 4th quest to kill players, they were hoping players would show up to quest and get in fights while there.

Maybe my server doesn't have enough people to support this, but it hasn't worked out that way for me so far.

Rift Disciple

I find it's more you show up and have a 'mass' of one side just butchering a few of the other. I rarely see balanced (or close to it) sides. Or you get a premade group of lvl 6 PvP geared players just hanging out killing anything from the opposing side that comes close. Not fun at all, more a lesson in frustration. At least WF you can assume will be more or less balanced, seems the only way to complete open world PvP quests is to have a big group with you, be a Rogue (lets face it stealth pwns in open world PvP) or hope no one from the other side is around!

This is a pve focused game, its just that unfortunately. The daily quests aren't that bad they take maybe 15 minutes, and, atleast on my server, does draw a lot of pvp in the area of the quests. You don't even have to do them though pvp rifts give the same rep.

I would like to see more pvp content though (i dont mean WF, reasons for open world pvp), but its not that bad as it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleary View Post
    I find it's more you show up and have a 'mass' of one side just butchering a few of the other. I rarely see balanced (or close to it) sides. Or you get a premade group of lvl 6 PvP geared players just hanging out killing anything from the opposing side that comes close. Not fun at all, more a lesson in frustration. At least WF you can assume will be more or less balanced, seems the only way to complete open world PvP quests is to have a big group with you, be a Rogue (lets face it stealth pwns in open world PvP) or hope no one from the other side is around!
    Can't fix players, nearly everybody i run into would rather be in a full group killing 1 guy than take a chance on dieing fighting him alone, that just seems to be the way people are that play these kind of games.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

I agree this is BS. Its enough to grind out the points and levels now you have to spend weeks/months doing daily quests to get your rank 3 gear? Already on the wall with this game....ticked off my mage is useless for raiding now because I can't put up the numbers that rogues and warriors do basically making my former main useless in full Raid T1 gear and relic weapon so I was doing PvP grind with another character...now I have hit a wall and have to spend weeks getting from netural to decorated to get my rank 3 pieces? WTF!!!!

Yet another reason to cancel sub and move on...
    ~~~~~
    Datku 50 Mage (retired due to poor raid dps compared to warriors and rogues),
    Kilva 50 Rogue
    Elesia 50 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Oleary View Post

Exactly...........

My only problem with this is the broken contribution for pvp rifts. Otherwise they're doing everything right here.

Prophet of Telara

Getting world PvP to happen involves getting people into the World. Trion FUBARed their game design in terms of open world content so there isn't much for 50s to do to "progress" or do anything valuable for their character. So to bandaid fix the fact that no pvpers (not many people period) were out in the world they added pvp dailies which gets PvP oriented people into the world for a certain period of time.

Is it annoying that you have to do PvE stuff to progress in PvP? Yes it is. But you need to realize the overarching reasoning of why things were implemented in the manner they were.

Quote Originally Posted by curari View Post
    lets be honest about this, 90% of this reputation grind is pve questing in contested zones. Collection and npc killing to gain reputation is not pvp even in contested zones. Adding to this insult is the addition of synergy crystals obtained from this reputation to equip pvp gear is beyond blood boiling.

Is trion forcing pve on it's pvp players? Err, yes !!!

World pvp is simple in my opinion. Make something significant to capture that gives your side access to something (maybe a dungeon with pvp legendary weapons) locking out the other side and/or increased bonus to favor.

Or with the implementation of this new whitefall steppes (if not replacing the current version) as the unseen reputation warfront.

I personally do not appreciate being forced to pve to compete in pvp. As i understand it (could be wrong as i do not pve) players that pve do not have to pvp to compete. why should we?

as an avid pvp'er to the developers i do not care about content. I only care about combat mechanics, balance (not care-bear catering) and kicking my opponent's arse...

I have do to rifts in a game called rift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why? Trion why?!
    Last edited by Fritzlfire; 08-06-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Do I look like a troll?

You don't need sunergy crystal to buy/equip gears.

Says: don't have enough tokens when u actually have? Maybe try to unequip piece u are trying to buy/replace?

But eh why try if it's easier to come to forum and QQ...
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Curari View Post
    Lets be honest about this, 90% of this reputation grind is PvE questing in contested zones. Collection and NPC killing to gain reputation is not PvP even in contested zones. Adding to this insult is the addition of Synergy Crystals obtained from this reputation to equip PvP gear is beyond blood boiling.

Is TRION forcing PvE on it's PvP players? Err, YES !!!

World PvP is simple in my opinion. Make something significant to capture that gives your side access to something (maybe a dungeon with PvP legendary weapons) locking out the other side and/or increased bonus to favor.

Or with the implementation of this new Whitefall Steppes (if not replacing the current version) as The Unseen reputation warfront.

I personally do not appreciate being forced to PvE to compete in PvP. As I understand it (could be wrong as I do not PvE) players that PvE do not have to PvP to compete. Why should we?

As an avid PvP'er to the developers I do not care about content. I only care about combat mechanics, balance (not care-bear catering) and kicking my opponent's arse...

btw u are against pve quests which "forces" u to go out and actually makes some open world pvp.

But u are for dungeon - where for sure wont be pvp

Make up your mind.

Telaran

Well I could say the same about forcing me to do PVP for the best boot enchant ingame.

kinda sucks and sure hope Trion give PVE another option than this for new boot enchant.
    Last edited by Asatyr; 08-06-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Shadowlander

How do these quests encourage world PvP in a pve server if Trion does not require the person to flag for pvp to receive credit? Also not a fan of the R6 synergy crystal being unavailable to R6 geared players until we achieve a rep level that wasn't available to us prior to the Patch...guess what? I'll probably be well on my way to R8 by the time I actually get the rep for the R6 synergy crystal...lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatyr View Post
    Well I could say the same about forcing me to do PVP for the best boot enchant ingame.

kinda sucks and sure hope Trion give PVE another option than this for new boot enchant.
    These are pve quests for that rune reputation - means u as pver cand do only pve and get that rune.

And forcing for 11 dex (or whateva class u are) u must be trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonPan View Post
    How do these quests encourage world PvP in a pve server if Trion does not require the person to flag for pvp to receive credit? Also not a fan of the R6 synergy crystal being unavailable to R6 geared players until we achieve a rep level that wasn't available to us prior to the Patch...guess what? I'll probably be well on my way to R8 by the time I actually get the rep for the R6 synergy crystal...lame.
    lol u are on pve shard and want open world pvp?

Shadowlander

"lol u are on pve shard and want open world pvp?"

Yeah, or maybe make a change for PvE servers that doesn't involve the kill 25 defiants in X zone quest. I just want my rep for my PvP gear. That's all, I choose to roll on a PvE server because there's nothing fun about leveling 1-50 getting rolled over by people all the time. /shrug my decision.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast