+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rift 1.4 Observations Pvp Related from last night

Thumbs up Rift 1.4 Observations Pvp Related from last night

50 Cleric - Guardian - Rank 6.1 - PvE Shard Gnarlwood - Sent/Inq/Temp - @1100 SP 920 Valor

1. Pvp daliy quests - IPP - Same as before non flagged just more to collect/kill : Turn in rewards were greater than previous (Was actually nice to see prestige again)

2. Purchased Rank 1 Wand, Totem with Favor. Purchased Marks with favor. Purchased next ranked Wand, Totem. Waiting on more favor to purchase next tier Wand and Totem. (Nice system I like it, except I made the initial mistake of spending all my favor on marks and not leaving enough left over for rank 1 purchase)

3. Pvp Rift on PvE Server: Enjoying the new World Defense channel. More people than I thought participating in this event. Good to see. Enjoyed the extra Order of the Eye rep gained.

4. Warfronts: Did notice a lot more Rank 5-6s on the battlefield though. Coming out of the wood work perse.
    A. My healing wasn't noticeably different at all, still had fun.
    B. Prestige and Favor rewards greatly increased both in match and end of match. Was nice to see.
    C. Cleric - Templar soul change. Barbed Shackles replaced by Rogue Killer (Hehe forgot name but thats what I like to call it) I used shackles a lot to slow down my victims, but I got to say Im addicted to the new skill now as well. (Thanks)

Looking forward to new Whitefall map for the weekend.

Great Pvp update from previous favor grinding, well done !!
    Last edited by Muuhut; 08-04-2011 at 03:52 AM.
    RIFT - Gnarlwood PvE Shard
    Muuhut: 50 Cleric Rank 8, Valor 1100 ~1900 SP
    SWToR - PvE Server
    Muu Vang - Republic Trooper Vanguard
    The Elder Knights

Plane Touched

I like everything about it other than the healing changes, which represent a cave to bad players pure and simple. It may cost Trion my sub, I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.2 patch notes
    DROUGHTLANDS
    * The talking Raptors around Redoubt no longer have say text on aggro. Clever girls.

Prophet of Telara

I had really bad expectations for this patch but I have to agree with Muuhut, I'm enjoying the changes. Barb of Shackles is definitely missed but being able to **** over rogues is well worth it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Muuhut View Post
    50 Cleric - Guardian - Rank 6.1 - PvE Shard Gnarlwood - Sent/Inq/Temp - @1100 SP 920 Valor

1. Pvp daliy quests - IPP - Same as before non flagged just more to collect/kill : Turn in rewards were greater than previous (Was actually nice to see prestige again)

2. Purchased Rank 1 Wand, Totem with Favor. Purchased Marks with favor. Purchased next ranked Wand, Totem. Waiting on more favor to purchase next tier Wand and Totem. (Nice system I like it, except I made the initial mistake of spending all my favor on marks and not leaving enough left over for rank 1 purchase)

3. Pvp Rift on PvE Server: Enjoying the new World Defense channel. More people than I thought participating in this event. Good to see. Enjoyed the extra Order of the Eye rep gained.

4. Warfronts: Did notice a lot more Rank 5-6s on the battlefield though. Coming out of the wood work perse.
    A. My healing wasn't noticeably different at all, still had fun.
    B. Prestige and Favor rewards greatly increased both in match and end of match. Was nice to see.
    C. Cleric - Templar soul change. Barbed Shackles replaced by Rogue Killer (Hehe forgot name but thats what I like to call it) I used shackles a lot to slow down my victims, but I got to say Im addicted to the new skill now as well. (Thanks)

Looking forward to new Whitefall map for the weekend.

Great Pvp update from previous favor grinding, well done !!
    100% agree, I'm loving 1.4 so far.

It's refreshing seeing positive comments, high five dude.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBacon View Post
    100% agree, I'm loving 1.4 so far.

It's refreshing seeing positive comments, high five dude.
    >loving 1.4

Bad DPS detected.
    DROUGHTLANDS
    * The talking Raptors around Redoubt no longer have say text on aggro. Clever girls.

I think I remember playing with you OP in those new PvP rifts. For a pve server there was a lot of activity around them. It was kind of anoying after we kept trying stop the defiant rift in Shimmersand that they stopped comming until we went to Iron Pine Peaks. I got a server first on a pvp essence and found a green level 48 plate chest piece with 3 spellpower...if anyone have ideas about why on the last bit...

Anyways I had a lot of fun but just one thing. The corpse run to the raid rift just below Phoenix Rise as a gardian is horribly long. It sends you to the top area in Stillmoor so battle rez's are a must when going for it, again, as gaurdian.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanfel View Post
    >loving 1.4

Bad DPS detected.
    Elitist turd detected.

Healing should help keep you alive in pvp, not make one person immortal. 1.4 is good for people that are interested in fun pvp not faceroll

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Elitist turd detected.

Healing should help keep you alive in pvp, not make one person immortal. 1.4 is good for people that are interested in fun pvp not faceroll
    Moron who has never healed in RIFT PvP detected.

You know what you do when you're hitting a target and it's not taking damage? You switch targets. You'd be amazed how often your team can crater someone in one GCD by simply switching targets after the healer(s) have loaded up HoTs on the same player you guys have spent the last 25 seconds trying to kill.

Geared healers should be hard to kill, since solo/team survivability is the only reason to play the role at all.

EDIT: hilariously enough, healing doesn't help keep you alive anymore either. Fail harder.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 08-04-2011 at 07:32 AM.
    DROUGHTLANDS

You know what you do when you're hitting a target and it's not taking damage? You switch targets.

Good advice. I colored it up for ya. This is what I do. For all the people screaming: kill the healer, kill the tank, kill the carrier. Kill this. Or that. I'm on the move so is easy to tab through the targets. Nibble at someone see what happens. Look here. look there. See someone going down. Put them away. Try. I would rather kill 1/4 in a fight and get them out now than bang relentlessly at 4/4 with no effect. Dead man don't do much dps.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Good advice. I colored it up for ya. This is what I do. For all the people screaming: kill the healer, kill the tank, kill the carrier. Kill this. Or that. I'm on the move so is easy to tab through the targets. Nibble at someone see what happens. Look here. look there. See someone going down. Put them away. Try. I would rather kill 1/4 in a fight and get them out now than bang relentlessly at 4/4 with no effect. Dead man don't do much dps.
    Yep. When I used to heal, I'd notice that a lot of people would stay on their first target until one of them died.

...and then they presumably went to the forums to complain that healing was OP.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 08-04-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    DROUGHTLANDS

Ascendant

I put in a ticket for this and may be a deal breaker for me:

instead of bringing stillmoor's dailies in line with the others, they brought all the others up to the annoying level of stillmoor.

I was at the point where I wouldn't do stillmoor pvp dailies and would skip doing dailies for the day when it was stillmoor. Now I have to feel that way everyday for dailies that are 100% required to do if you plan on pvping in this game.

It wouldn't be so bad if all the quests gave credit to your entire group, instead you have to not only fight the opposing faction, but also your faction for the collection quests.

The worst of all is that discharged orb one in ipp. You can't solo it most times of the day, because the actual quest objective is "dodge assassins for about 45 seconds, and you know how assassins love to kill people with mobs on them" and doing as a group means spending 30-45 seconds per person huddled around this thing until everyone gets it done (up to 10minutes for a raid, if you can find people willing to stick around until you get it done once they are done with it).

So, you found a group and you are killing (or being killed by) the other faction, you also need to collect F I F T E E N ****ing things off the ground and race your teammates for them. Your raid needs to gather up to 300 of these things off the ground to complete the quest.

So, its cool you wanted players to be out there longer and give low pop servers a chance at the 25 kills. On molinar there are full raids of guardians around the clock looking for solos to gank, except for about 2 hours each night when the defiants show up to give them a fight. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have an assassin spec because that is the only way I end up completing the non group quests (why are there non group quests for this, so dumb so dumb so dumb so)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Elitist turd detected.

By fun pvp you mean spamming your number 1 key right? because you were to stupid to not tunnel vision you target previously.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    I put in a ticket for this and may be a deal breaker for me:

instead of bringing stillmoor's dailies in line with the others, they brought all the others up to the annoying level of stillmoor.

I was at the point where I wouldn't do stillmoor pvp dailies and would skip doing dailies for the day when it was stillmoor. Now I have to feel that way everyday for dailies that are 100% required to do if you plan on pvping in this game.

It wouldn't be so bad if all the quests gave credit to your entire group, instead you have to not only fight the opposing faction, but also your faction for the collection quests.

The worst of all is that discharged orb one in ipp. You can't solo it most times of the day, because the actual quest objective is "dodge assassins for about 45 seconds, and you know how assassins love to kill people with mobs on them" and doing as a group means spending 30-45 seconds per person huddled around this thing until everyone gets it done (up to 10minutes for a raid, if you can find people willing to stick around until you get it done once they are done with it).

So, you found a group and you are killing (or being killed by) the other faction, you also need to collect F I F T E E N ****ing things off the ground and race your teammates for them. Your raid needs to gather up to 300 of these things off the ground to complete the quest.

So, its cool you wanted players to be out there longer and give low pop servers a chance at the 25 kills. On molinar there are full raids of guardians around the clock looking for solos to gank, except for about 2 hours each night when the defiants show up to give them a fight. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have an assassin spec because that is the only way I end up completing the non group quests (why are there non group quests for this, so dumb so dumb so dumb so)

1 million times this

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    1 million times this
    Rofl, You should see what it's like to small man on Dayblind as Guardian, Defiant run some stupid zergs on there.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Default I enjoyed it!

Being able to group up in 5's again was so much fun!! Thanks Trion.

PvP Rifts were entertaining. We had some resistance and actually had some fellow Defiants jump in to help. Overall looked fun. Not sure these are going to be able to be completed when people get the hang of how to defend against it in the time frame. Think that may need to be increased. I know the time constraint is to keep people from soloing these on off hours, but hell someone should be awake to defend..

Now for the part that I think was overdone.. They put a huge Easy Button on the Cabi/Inquis spec. I have to say I liked it better having to focus someone to build up Decays. The new way is just too simple IMO. I was able to get a million killing blows and did a damn good job staying alive just off of Blood Thirsty. It is going to be the FoTM.

Any cleric that complains about the healing nerf needs to learn how to play in my book. I could hardly notice a difference. The other clerics in our guild and myself found it very similar and never missed a beat.

Overall very enjoyable and an adequate change to keep many of us interested. Just seeing the Group Join button work again was well worth it in my book!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast