+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Synergy Crystals

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Though I find most of the comments in here to be just whining...I agree about the Order fo the Eye rep.

They should at least award Eye rep for any open world killing...not just the PVE/gather/puke quests.
    You get noto while doing pvp rifts, you get a small amount from turning in gems, but a lot more from getting kills.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    I like RVR but atm there is only ganking. When I played Warhammer I was pretty high rank and never left the rvr zone.
    Too bad you aren't on my server. RvR happens. It started with the PvP dailies and now with the PvP Rift it's going to go full scale RvR in IPP, Stillmoor and Shimmersand. We have guilds forming alliances now just for this purpose.

As a Warhammer fan myself where I would literally log in every day just to RvR all day... this game appears to be turning in the right direction for me. We will see if our groups can stay active in open world or if the PvP rifts die down in 2-3 weeks. Hoping that Rift can pull it off. If not then I will move to Prime: Battle for Dominus to get my full blown RvR fix.
    Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts - Defiant - Molinar
    Vinzan - 50 Rogue Rank 4/Dragonskin - 50 Warrior Rank 2/Sairen - 50 mage Rank 2
    Threesprings - Defiant
    Kurra - 40 Cleric

I was really disappointed to see this added to the game. As it stands I am rank 5 and am no longer qualified to wear the gear I earned and purchased all because of a crystal?? And I can't upgrade with the favor I have saved, because of a crystal? Kind of a deal breaker for me. I'm not grinding pve to allow me to spend the points I earned grinding pvp.

Just another reason why I'll never bother with 50 pvp until they fix the gear issues, but each patch makes them worse.

20-39 pvp is balanced and enjoyable. The only pvp in the game worth participating in atm.

Plane Walker

Sorry for the Rant but the new pvp system gear system is simply ******ed and its really got under my skin.

I don't like questing, at all. I don't want to run up influence with anyone.

I don't want to quest, in your lame poorly designed world. Doing lame, dumb, kill collect quests. I don't like ganking people or being ganked. If I pvp I want it to be over objectives, where groups are coming together to do something meaningful.

Now I have to run up favour with order of the eye to get my pvp gear? Who thought of this stupidity?

You make a lame pve world and now force me to go and pve to get my pvp gear? Set up a situation that whenever someone leaves a quest hub 5 rogues jump them so they can get their 25kill quest done? Rather than add meaningful pvp you add more ganking. GJ.

Seriously, who thought of this crap? Whoever is the lead designer of pvp should just quit.
    Rift is a MMO that is progression based and involves both PvP and PvE.

I advise you to go look up the italicized word in the statement above, and then either stop complaining or go find a game more suited to your liking.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Soulwalker

I agree 100% with the OP. The problem for me (and him, I think) isn't necessarily having to pvp in the open world. It's the whole idea of adding yet another grind. Personally, I went from having *and being able to wear* all of my rank 6 gear in about another week when I hit rank 6...to now having to do a whole additional grind that turns that 1 week into between 1 and 2 months for me at the rate I play. It's simply too much. Call it whining if you like, but that's just not an additional grind I'm willing to have thrown into my lap like that. I can't wrap my head around 1 single ounce of fairness here. *shrug*

Rift Disciple

Default PVE for PVP gear not the greatest idea, but...

Once I realized I'm getting favor more quickly to buy PvP gear, I guess it's just a trade off to do the Unseen rep grind. On my server, Lotham, there aren't enough level 50 players around to do raid rifts or raid world PvP, but, on the other hand, I can do the solo dailies for Unseen rep without even seeing anyone...almost like PvE on our server. At 1400 rep a day it will take a month or so to get the rep up, but in the meantime I can store favor currency and buy a bunch when I hit the rep I need...almost like Xmas. My server may be merged before I get there...even the plat farmer vendors have left Lotham.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rhysten View Post
    I agree 100% with the OP. The problem for me (and him, I think) isn't necessarily having to pvp in the open world. It's the whole idea of adding yet another grind. Personally, I went from having *and being able to wear* all of my rank 6 gear in about another week when I hit rank 6...to now having to do a whole additional grind that turns that 1 week into between 1 and 2 months for me at the rate I play. It's simply too much. Call it whining if you like, but that's just not an additional grind I'm willing to have thrown into my lap like that. I can't wrap my head around 1 single ounce of fairness here. *shrug*
    no it really sucks that they added more grind. I pushed so hard to just finish up the pvp gear so that I could start enjoying pvp, then just as that grind is coming to an end here is 3+ more months worth, and you know they will release a rank10 grind just in time that will take 5-6 months to finish for those very few remaining players
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhammer View Post
    For me personally it isn't simply that Trion is now forcing players to do world PvP, it's that now, even though I otherwise have the marks and items I need to acquire a couple of new gear pieces I still can't get them because, at R4, I have to grind rep till Decorated with The Eye so I can purchase a Synergy Crystal for right at 26k favor. In other words, I have days and days of additional grinding to do now for no other reason than I need the crystal to advance my gear. It's simply tedious at this point.
    You don't have to get the crystals. They just give you bonus stats if you are wearing 2 or 4 of a certain armor. You can wear the armor without the crystals.
    Last edited by Raymath; 08-04-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Oromet View Post
    I was really disappointed to see this added to the game. As it stands I am rank 5 and am no longer qualified to wear the gear I earned and purchased all because of a crystal?? And I can't upgrade with the favor I have saved, because of a crystal? Kind of a deal breaker for me. I'm not grinding pve to allow me to spend the points I earned grinding pvp.
    This is Trion's fault for the confusing pop ups.

Synergy crystals are NOT required to equip the pvp gear. What the crystals do is give bonus stats for equipping 2 pieces of a certain set or 4 pieces of a certain set. But it is not required to equip the gear. It is only required to get the bonus for equipping a certain number of pieces in the set ( Sort of like the bonus stats in WoW for equipping a full set of a certain type of gear).

They need to fix those gear pop up as obviously its confusing players. The red letters saying "Blah blah crystal required" is to get the bonus, its not required to equip the gear.
    Last edited by Raymath; 08-04-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down

Synergy crystals are NOT required to equip the pvp gear. What the crystals do is give bonus stats for equipping 2 pieces of a certain set or 4 pieces of a certain set. But it is not required to equip the gear. It is only required to get the bonus for equipping a certain number of pieces in the set ( Sort of like the bonus stats in WoW for equipping a full set of a certain type of gear).

They need to fix those gear pop up as obviously its confusing players. The red letters saying "Blah blah crystal required" is to get the bonus, its not required to equip the gear.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post

I am not sure that is true.

Last night I went to buy R6 pants and it told me I had insufficient tokens or whatever. I looked and I had both teh R4 pants and 15 more tokens than I needed. I assume that it wouldn't let me buy them without the crystal. It could just be a bug though.

Plane Walker

/superfacepalm

Okay, you don't need to buy the synergy crystal to wear the gear.

Here's what they are:

You know how in many games when you get a whole set of a kind of gear you get bonuses? Pre: 1.4 you didn't, but synergy crystals make it so that the more you wear of a set, the more bonuses you get.

The new gear system with the tokens has been made so that you can stay geared while you rank up. No more getting r1/r2, skipping a few sets, then buying r5-r6. Instead, the favor you spend to get the lower ranked gear counts toward the higher ranked gear.

So overall: Synergy crystals are optional equipment that give you bonuses for having more pieces of an armor set. No worries.
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Plane Walker

I am not sure that is true.

Last night I went to buy R6 pants and it told me I had insufficient tokens or whatever. I looked and I had both teh R4 pants and 15 more tokens than I needed. I assume that it wouldn't let me buy them without the crystal. It could just be a bug though.
    You need to unequip the pants first. And I'm positive it's optional.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    You need to unequip the pants first. And I'm positive it's optional.
    Ah ok.

Having it optional is ok by me.

Having to get a crystal to use the gear had me really mad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2