+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: So, They really gutted healing pretty hard

Default So, They really gutted healing pretty hard

Far more then they said they did, It's pretty depressing playing a mage because a Single healer can't keep you up against a single DPS who's rank 6.

Soothing Stream ticing for 500 vs 700 after the patch is bloody stupid.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Plane Touched

It certainly does seem to be more than a 5/10% reduction based on the numbers I am seeing in PvP vs. PvE on myself (easier to track healing debuffs on myself).

Not happy.

Yep.

Probably going to cancel, tired of trion giving into undergeared overexaggerating dps.

My healing output went down roughly about 20% judging my old numbers vs new ones.

Time to move on to better MMOs.

I was perfectly balanced vs geared dps, now it's rather a joke.

It's pretty ******ed, They need to reverse this BS healing nerf.

Plane Touched

/signed.

I think I still like this game but Trion caving to Roguebads is not something I like to see. This might be the broadest, most unnecessary nerf I've seen in any game. I have 800+ valor and it's nowhere near impossible to kill me if you know what you're doing, even before the changes hit. Healing should be encouraged, not discouraged, and the people who whine about losing to teams with healers should frankly roll healer themselves or shut their gawddamn mouths.

Basically every complaint I've heard about (mostly cleric) healing balance boils down to "well if a cleric and anything else meet two of anything else, the guys with the cleric win every time" This is patently false (and you're bad if it isn't), but even if it wasn't my reaction would be to slap you silly and shout "THE TEAM WITH THE HEALER SHOULD ****ING WIN!" That's the point of playing healer. We have literally 0 DPS, so keeping other players alive is the only incentive for healing. Thanks for taking that away, guys.

Stay classy, Trion.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 08-04-2011 at 06:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.2 patch notes
    DROUGHTLANDS
    * The talking Raptors around Redoubt no longer have say text on aggro. Clever girls.

Shadowlander

+1 signature to reversing this healing change.

Xw - Dayblind
    DPS Rogue
    小五

Ascendant

The DPS wanted healing free WF. I am going to do my best to ensure that's what they have.

Done with WF. Since PvP was mostly my interest, I'm not sure what's left for me here. Alts maybe, although the healing will hit them too.
    Last edited by astrocanis; 08-04-2011 at 06:26 AM.

/signed.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Yep.

Probably going to cancel, tired of trion giving into undergeared overexaggerating dps.

My healing output went down roughly about 20% judging my old numbers vs new ones.

Time to move on to better MMOs.

I was perfectly balanced vs geared dps, now it's rather a joke.
    It's clear they don't listen to the forums. It might be time for us to speak with our wallets. You'll get a chuckle out of the exit interview. It will give you the impression that they have a huge amount of people leaving for the same reasons.

Shadowlander

Due to the locked shards last night I haven't been on to test the healing changes, but...

I had already retired my pvp-pug healing specs. Only time i'll heal others in a WF now will be if it's with a guild group.

I feel squishier. I think it's a combination of the R6's outta the woodwork and the heal debuffs.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Agreed. From my initial testing it is quite a bit more than 5-10%.

Also, a blanket reduction hurts un-geared players WAY more than geared players. I would have preferred a solution that scaled up with valor, or no change at all.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I feel squishier. I think it's a combination of the R6's outta the woodwork and the heal debuffs.

It must be all perception. People tend to feel one way or the other when they are told something that they believe to be true.

I was playing Assassin in WF last night when I came across a Chloro/Lock by herself. I attacked and got her with-in near death two times only to have her heal back to full instantly. Healing seemed pretty decent to me in that encounter.

A second encounter in the same game with a R4 Warrior and a R3 Cleric found that even with the R3 Cleric healing against 3 people fighting the Warrior (The healer wasn't targeted initially because he came up on the fight after everyone had engaged the Warrior) the warrior died in an expected amount of time after taking the expected amount of damage. This instead of the warrior devastating the three other non-healing characters as per usual. That fight seemed more balanced against those kind of odds.

And last a big shout out to the Buffing Bards got, they were really lacking healing power there for a while and I enjoy healing again in WFs on my Bard spec. Ive seen as much as 2x more healing power coming off Coda of Restoration and Cadence.

2 cents paid for by:

Bob
    Last edited by BobtheDog; 08-04-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Healing right now is god awful, If this nerf remains in, They're going to have to lower Healing Debuffs or flat out remove them from the game. Warriors should flat out lose Lingering Wounds after this past patch, There is no reason for a 50% uncurable heal debuff in this game to remain when healing is so piss poor.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Healing right now is god awful, If this nerf remains in, They're going to have to lower Healing Debuffs or flat out remove them from the game. Warriors should flat out lose Lingering Wounds after this past patch, There is no reason for a 50% uncurable heal debuff in this game to remain when healing is so piss poor.
    But... but without them I can't kill a cleric by myself in 10 seconds! WAAAAAHHHH!
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 08-04-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.2 patch notes
    DROUGHTLANDS
    * The talking Raptors around Redoubt no longer have say text on aggro. Clever girls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast