+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: So, They really gutted healing pretty hard

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    hes right.

my old soothing stream was hitting for 727ish, now after patch, its hitting for 500-504ish. that's over a 30% nerf to a single spell.

now put a 50% healing debuff into the equation, and it becomes a measily 250hp/sec, for 4 previously casted spells on the target.

the backbone of warden has been stripped, and i for one, have already switched specs.

going to my measily sent/purifier build and i'll be damned if i pug with a spec like this because survival as a sent/purifier is god awful.

apparently justicar got hit even harder with the nerf than warden (which is hard to believe...). i don't play justicar, just what i've heard though.

on a positive note, luckily healing breath didn't seem to get hit very hard from what i've seen. actually, i don't even think it was hardly changed at all, and if it did, it's less than 5%.

but i mean really, trion, im asking you, whats the purpose of clerics. you give every other class better damage, and specific ways to completely counter our sole role as a traditional healer (marksman and champion most notably). so what now is there left for us to do? we don't have survival specs like the vk, or high dps specs like the stormcaller paragon or assassin. what exactly is our role? jack of all trades, yet countered by all? i mean really ...

think about what you're doing here trion. you decide to give every other class ways to get out of trouble, why not give a few to clerics? you've taken our heals away, where is our sprint ability? where is our blink ability? where is our invis in combat every few minutes ability? where is our multiple immunes we can pop while still doing stuff abilities?

sure, nerf healing if you don't want us to be able to keep people alive even though that is the traditional role of a cleric, but for god sakes, don't leave us high and dry with useless abilities while every other class gets massive changes. templar tree STILL is awful, and even after this huge warden nerf (which i've been since beta), i STILL refuse to ever spec more than 5 points in this god awful line.

with this huge wall of text, i think i'm done, just frustrated, and now fully admit, before the patch, clerics were 3rd in the food chain only slightly above mages. now, after 1.4, they are officially bottom of the food chain.

/endrant
    QFT. Reposting in the hopes that it gets noticed by someone who matters. I started to underline what I felt were the most important parts, but quickly realized I'd be underlining practically the whole thing so what's the point.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 08-04-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.2 patch notes
    DROUGHTLANDS
    * The talking Raptors around Redoubt no longer have say text on aggro. Clever girls.

Healing is fine. I think you should contact Scientific on Dayblind he will teach you how to play as a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Healing is fine. I think you should contact Scientific on Dayblind he will teach you how to play as a healer.
    People know what their heals were hitting for before the patch. They know what their heals are hitting for now. It is a noticeable change...not a 5/10% change.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Or maybe you're just a bad DPS?
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Or maybe you're just a bad DPS?
    That's an ad hominem.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    People know what their heals were hitting for before the patch. They know what their heals are hitting for now. It is a noticeable change...not a 5/10% change.
    Notice it's always a Rogue or Warrior telling us healing is fine, instead of ya know.. the actual healers in the game Mage/Clerics
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Healing is fine. I think you should contact Scientific on Dayblind he will teach you how to NOT play as a healer.

Sorry, fixed that for you. I know trying to type your little heart out at 30WPM must be tiring, peasant.

Dude, I saw you die to 2, like not even p2 rogues with that dude ("healing you"?). Was a fair 2 on 2 and you got trashed. Clerics got mad standing still skills.
    Last edited by Gebrile; 08-04-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Playing ANYTHING with Gebrile/Tenecabo/Cabotene in the name.
    "Rogues were put in PvP for wars who need a bloodthirsty proc while killing a caster." - Lyanna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pil16WPliWo 1.4 chlor dom video I made.. couple others in there too. Another video in the making coming soon!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    So.... how does it feel to be mortal like the rest of us?

What's that? Stacking 10 Wardens isn't an auto-win anymore? What a tragedy.
    TROLL STAMPED

Notice it's always a Rogue or Warrior telling us healing is fine, instead of ya know.. the actual healers in the game Mage/Clerics
    Notice how it's always Mages and Clerics telling us DPS is fine and we need to l2p?

Seriously, make your case with facts. Stop appealing to drama.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

It's stupid now.

Between queues being screwed and WFs being a bloody fragfest, I think the PvP is dead in the water.

HEALING WAS FINE AT THE RANK SIX LEVEL. THERE WERE PLENTY OF COUNTERS FOR IT.

Might I also add that if Trion sticks with these horrendous changes, Lingering Wounds needs to seriously, seriously be nerfed. Pre-nerf healing was relatively balanced around 100% uptime of LW. Now the uptime is absolutely overkill.

Healer's cannot save anyone, much less themselves.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    It's stupid now.

Between queues being screwed and WFs being a bloody fragfest, I think the PvP is dead in the water.

HEALING WAS FINE AT THE RANK SIX LEVEL. THERE WERE PLENTY OF COUNTERS FOR IT.

Might I also add that if Trion sticks with these horrendous changes, Lingering Wounds needs to seriously, seriously be nerfed. Pre-nerf healing was relatively balanced around 100% uptime of LW. Now the uptime is absolutely overkill.

Healer's cannot save anyone, much less themselves.
    I'll trade you LW for Detaunt. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ImaNerd View Post
    I'll trade you LW for Detaunt. Deal?
    I'm a Warrior. I can trade you LW for LW. And that's about it.

And have you ever considered target switching when the dude is detaunted, making him blow his cooldowns to try and save the noticeably squishier target, then swap back when his CDs are blown and his personal hots rolled off?

Or do you just continually smack the detaunted R6 Cleric while the other team's DPS calmly shreds yours.
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 08-04-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Quote Originally Posted by ImaNerd View Post
    R6 clerics can still heal themselves AND their team through R6 DPS while debuffed. Good R6 clerics can do it almost indefinitely with detaunt and smart cures.

Healing is fine.

This thread makes me a little warm inside...until I remember that nothing has changed.
    Another overexaggerating lying DPS who doesn't even have a cleric just posting nonsense.

I have a 50 warrior R2 that can mow down R5 clerics, totally working as intended.

Default We agree on most

Far more then they said they did, It's pretty depressing playing a mage because a Single healer can't keep you up against a single DPS who's rank 6.

Soothing Stream ticing for 500 vs 700 after the patch is bloody stupid.
    I agree with most of what you comment on, but as a Warden I honestly didn't notice much difference. A good chunk may have to do with my gear I guess, but I am not a great healer either.. The better clerics in my guild didn't seem to have many issues either. Often heard in vent from a few of them that they couldn't tell a difference at all.. I would call it a tweak.. Not a nerf.

All of us go full into the PvP sould tho, so maybe that is the diff? Wings is still the nastiest of all cleric abilities. Spread heals still spread, and single target instants still bring people back to full health. I did notice spells didn't overheal as much, but honestly I didn't think it was an out of line adjustment.

I know I will be in the minority here. And obviously I wish my heals weren't touched at all. As someone that complains a fair share about real issues, I think it is only fair to also accept some things when they are adjusted toward the midline. Healing was too powerful, so a minor tweak is in line. Like I stated we honestly didn't notice it much at all. We have 4 R6 clerics in our guild and a couple others that are 4-5, so I think we have a fairly good sample size.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Notice how it's always Mages and Clerics telling us DPS is fine and we need to l2p?

Seriously, make your case with facts. Stop appealing to drama.

You know you are wrong. Just admit it and be happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast