+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: So, They really gutted healing pretty hard

I remember the first WF that popped after they unlocked the shards... folks we like, okay - let's see what healing is like now. I think it was forced laughter to maintain sanity as we saw what different things hit/ticked for...

...I switched over to DPS from heals on my Mage simply enjoyed how much easier it was to kill those microDwarf Warriors running around.

It's funny how it went from stacked healers being a problem to needing stacked healers - if not, you might as well just go DPS...cause it is a DPS game now.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

So.... how does it feel to be mortal like the rest of us?

What's that? Stacking 10 Wardens isn't an auto-win anymore? What a tragedy.
    Last edited by Satiar; 08-04-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Telaran

R6 clerics can still heal themselves AND their team through R6 DPS while debuffed. Good R6 clerics can do it almost indefinitely with detaunt and smart cures.

Healing is fine.

This thread makes me a little warm inside...until I remember that nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    So.... how does it feel to be mortal like the rest of us?

What's that? Stacking 10 Wardens isn't an auto-win anymore? What a tragedy.
    Umm, Stacking 10 Wardens was never auto win ever.... Because they won't actually kill anyone, and will instead be picked off one by one by the team with the actual DPS.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by ImaNerd View Post
    R6 clerics can still heal themselves AND their team through R6 DPS while debuffed. Good R6 clerics can do it almost indefinitely with detaunt and smart cures.

Healing is fine.

This thread makes me a little warm inside...until I remember that nothing has changed.
    no they can't, They can heal themselves for a set period of time to a single dps, but then they'll fall over, 2 Rank 6 DPS will mow over any Rank 6 cleric in this game.

Hell my Dom can solo a Rank 6 Cleric with ease.

Healing nurf is not enough tbh!

hes right.

my old soothing stream was hitting for 727ish, now after patch, its hitting for 500-504ish. that's over a 30% nerf to a single spell.

now put a 50% healing debuff into the equation, and it becomes a measily 250hp/sec, for 4 previously casted spells on the target.

the backbone of warden has been stripped, and i for one, have already switched specs.

going to my measily sent/purifier build and i'll be damned if i pug with a spec like this because survival as a sent/purifier is god awful.

apparently justicar got hit even harder with the nerf than warden (which is hard to believe...). i don't play justicar, just what i've heard though.

on a positive note, luckily healing breath didn't seem to get hit very hard from what i've seen. actually, i don't even think it was hardly changed at all, and if it did, it's less than 5%.

but i mean really, trion, im asking you, whats the purpose of clerics. you give every other class better damage, and specific ways to completely counter our sole role as a traditional healer (marksman and champion most notably). so what now is there left for us to do? we don't have survival specs like the vk, or high dps specs like the stormcaller paragon or assassin. what exactly is our role? jack of all trades, yet countered by all? i mean really ...

think about what you're doing here trion. you decide to give every other class ways to get out of trouble, why not give a few to clerics? you've taken our heals away, where is our sprint ability? where is our blink ability? where is our invis in combat every few minutes ability? where is our multiple immunes we can pop while still doing stuff abilities?

sure, nerf healing if you don't want us to be able to keep people alive even though that is the traditional role of a cleric, but for god sakes, don't leave us high and dry with useless abilities while every other class gets massive changes. templar tree STILL is awful, and even after this huge warden nerf (which i've been since beta), i STILL refuse to ever spec more than 5 points in this god awful line.

with this huge wall of text, i think i'm done, just frustrated, and now fully admit, before the patch, clerics were 3rd in the food chain only slightly above mages. now, after 1.4, they are officially bottom of the food chain.

/endrant
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

aux

Now now guys.

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to be spamming my macro on someone, only to see the red bar go back up? I might as well not spam my macro. It's just as bad as being CC'd!

I think they should have gone with Diminishing Returns on heals, though.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Now now guys.

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to be spamming my macro on someone, only to see the red bar go back up? I might as well not spam my macro. It's just as bad as being CC'd!

God knows they've gone with diminishing returns on the fun... each time I log in, it's less fun...less fun...less fun.

I'm thinking about making a brand new toon and trying to forget everything I know - because then maybe it would not feel as bad... am I losing my mind?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Now now guys.

Mages/Clerics in this game have been getting routinely ****ed by Trion since beta. Anytime we find a spec that works, it's gutted, anytime Warriors find a spec that works, Trion buffs multiple other specs so they compare to that original spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaNerd View Post

Healing is fine.

Oh yeah? Well, login your cleric and show us some numbers. Oh wait, you don't have a P6 cleric, do you?

Cleric heals are freaking nerfed hardcore. Reset this BS back IMO

ALSO Wanted to add - nerf warriors uncureable heal debuff. OP pos
    Last edited by Gebrile; 08-04-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Playing ANYTHING with Gebrile/Tenecabo/Cabotene in the name.
    "Rogues were put in PvP for wars who need a bloodthirsty proc while killing a caster." - Lyanna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pil16WPliWo 1.4 chlor dom video I made.. couple others in there too. Another video in the making coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Mages/Clerics in this game have been getting routinely ****ed by Trion since beta. Anytime we find a spec that works, it's gutted, anytime Warriors find a spec that works, Trion buffs multiple other specs so they compare to that original spec.
    Are you actually saying that?

Using the most overpowered class mechanics since beta, and you've been *routinely ****ed*?

Cry me a river. I don't like to glory in another class' nerfs, but honestly. You are not martyrs for a glorious cause. You were playing an out of balance class, and it needed to be fixed.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

No. The OP is right. I can keep myself alive still, although not as well as I could before. I could have dealt with that. But now I'm unable to keep anyone else alive anymore. So basically it's been going like this...instead of people trying to kill the cleric, they laugh, kill the dps, THEN kill the cleric. Had I wanted to play a role that could keep myself alive but not keep anyone else alive I would have chosen a different role pre-1.4, not a full healing cleric.

Add to that that fel blades is currently stacking with anathema. Now you have a healing debuff STACKING with another healing debuff, and adding healing that's been nerfed by 5-10% in on top of that. So you're lucky if your heal hits someone for 15% of what it used to?

Rivellana - R7 Eth Cleric (Retired)
    Lexxii - R6 Dwarf Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    God knows they've gone with diminishing returns on the fun... each time I log in, it's less fun...less fun...less fun.

I'm thinking about making a brand new toon and trying to forget everything I know - because then maybe it would not feel as bad... am I losing my mind?
    lol... This post had me cracking up.

Diminishing Returns on Fun, yeap sounds bout right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    what i liked the best, was when titan strike was nerfed, warriors all deemed champion as a bad line and dropped it.

it only took 3 months for warriors to catch back on and realize "you know what? that fear and an uncurable autoinsta uncurable healing debuff proc aint too bad, even if i don't see BIG NUMBERZ"
    the rogue community in general --
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast