+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rogues... I just dont understand...

  1. #31
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Clerics only have break free, that's the only ability that allows you to escape cc and it's on at the very least, a 1min 30sec cooldown. I don't know what other 'cooldowns' you are referring to, as they simply do not exist. More likely you are knocking clerics out of stun yourself.

    The only way a cleric can beat a same ranked rogue is to have a powerful heal after the initial shock and awe attack. Then I'll admit, you guys are toast unless of course you disappear back into the ether, as invariably you always do.

    Rogues can pretty much dominate any class if it gets them off guard 1v1, just because there is a spec that allows people to survive the initial attack, doesn't mean that spec is OP. You aren't entitled to the ability to kill everyone you want regardless of their rank and gear.

    Until I reached about 600 valor, a level 48 rogue could cc me to death in my 50 cleric when it was full T2. Only now can I swat you pesky buggers away when you keep popping up like herpes. You also have anathema at you disposal as well as more stuns than any other class. It is very very possible for a rogue to kill a cleric, just not when they are 6 ranks above you (how it should be!).

  2. #32
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BusyHandz View Post
    Until I reached about 600 valor, a level 48 rogue could cc me to death in my 50 cleric when it was full T2. Only now can I swat you pesky buggers away when you keep popping up like herpes. You also have anathema at you disposal as well as more stuns than any other class. It is very very possible for a rogue to kill a cleric, just not when they are 6 ranks above you (how it should be!).
    Alright, now I understand why you need that R6 gear ;)

  3. #33
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by croon View Post
    Alright, now I understand why you need that R6 gear ;)
    Yep. The bads have to have a crutch to beat players when they lack the will to get better themselves...


    Don't get stuck in the hay.

  4. #34
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Ok, some people have been asking what break frees I am referring to, I dont have exact names but I know there are at least 2 or 3 in the pvp tree (not sure what its called), you may have to be R6.

    I do NOT WANT TO ONE HIT OR ROFLSTOP CLERICS. I simply want the fight to be fair, I dont mind not 2 hitting a cleric as some people are suggesting, I simply want to actually be able to kill them, i don't mind if it takes a fair while because as people have said, it's a healer class, but it shouldn't mean a full dmg class shouldnt be able to kill it (same gear, of course).

    To the people saying that healers should be able to tank rogues, because they sacrifice all dps for heals:
    1. Bollocks, because the fight CAN (and usually does) last long enough for waterjet spam to kill me and most other rogues.
    2. Rogues sacrifice all heals to dps, do they not? So in your logic we should be able to down any class (not instantly, obviously).

    And it never ceases to amaze me that even though i have tried to build a fair argument, the trolls read half of a post and say "You just want to 1 hit everyone" or "Your class is OP and you just cant play it" or "You just say people are OP because you cant kill them". I honestly thought Rift weeded those players out.

  5. #35
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BusyHandz View Post
    Clerics only have break free, that's the only ability that allows you to escape cc and it's on at the very least, a 1min 30sec cooldown. I don't know what other 'cooldowns' you are referring to, as they simply do not exist. More likely you are knocking clerics out of stun yourself.
    Check your classes PvP tree before accusing me to look like a fool. You have another move that is on a 1 minute cooldown, that makes immune to all stuns and another that makes you immune to all snares.

    And lol, knocking someone out of foul play or paralyzing strike.

  6. #36
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I consider it to be a successful engagement if I have forced the healer to heal himself and kite so he cannot heal this team effectively.

  7. #37
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlood View Post
    lol @ you rogues wanting to be able to kill eveything. Would that not make you OP? *rolls eyes*

    Let me share some insight because obviously you have no idea how clerics work.

    Either a cleric will spec full heals which means they sacrifice all damage and focus on survivability eg PVP tank

    OR

    a cleric will spec damage which means they will sacrifice healing and survivability.

    To be able to kill a pvp tank, you should not be able to kill them in every spec. You should need to specifically spec to take care of them eg healing reduction buffs

    and if you cant kill a damage cleric, then your terrible

    The very fact that you people expect to be able to kill everything just indicates that your viewpoint is distorted and irrelevant. Please go back into game and learn how to play.
    played a rogue have we?or are you one of the OP clers/wars that simply get fed favor by looking a rogues way?

    Seriously, Rogues SHOULD be able to kill other game classes, rogues SHOULD be the highest dps melle, Mages SHOULD be the highest ranged dps. Trouble is sheer **** talked by people like you while you farm favor.

    I am r6, I have PVE and PVP gear to end game lvls. If your telling me that I need to LTP then your on drugs.
    Can't kill a cleric? yes i can if they are low rank, if they are r6 then they are god modes..........

  8. #38
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marylla View Post
    I consider it to be a successful engagement if I have forced the healer to heal himself and kite so he cannot heal this team effectively.

  9. #39
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marylla View Post
    I consider it to be a successful engagement if I have forced the healer to heal himself and kite so he cannot heal this team effectively.
    But once his team realizes you're throwing pebbles at said Cleric, because he's bunny hopping away, you're dead.

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  10. #40
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BusyHandz View Post
    The only way a cleric can beat a same ranked rogue is to have a powerful heal after the initial shock and awe attack. Then I'll admit, you guys are toast unless of course you disappear back into the ether, as invariably you always do.

    Rogues can pretty much dominate any class if it gets them off guard 1v1, just because there is a spec that allows people to survive the initial attack, doesn't mean that spec is OP. You aren't entitled to the ability to kill everyone you want regardless of their rank and gear.

    Until I reached about 600 valor, a level 48 rogue could cc me to death in my 50 cleric when it was full T2.
    I find melee rogues the easiest class to kill on my dps cleric. I often beat 2 even if they try to tag team me. The main trick is to put a dot on them immediately (any instant hot will do) after that it is game over (slip away wont save them if a dot is on them). Even my heals as a dps are enough to counter the burst, then its knock back, slow, and waterjet them to death when they try to run away. If you spec shaman you can just beat them to death with your big club getting the nice off global timer heal on crits. It is pretty much suicide for a rogue to take on a cleric. I get special pleasure from killing MM specs using dots and waterjet, its just so ironic that I can do that to an MM, haha.

  11. #41
    Plane Touched INCdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Played tonight against a god Cleric who never once used a heal that wasn't instant meaning all I could do it use nearly every cool down I had twice with the guy just standing there laughing at me. I put out a seriously high amount of damage on this player in a short time and would often get him down to 10% below or less for instant full health immediately.

    Took 4 people to take down this single cleric. He'd heal through all our damage while jumping around for a good 5 minutes and it was just ridiculous.

    Where is 1.4?

    I play full marksman

  12. #42
    Plane Touched INCdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    But once his team realizes you're throwing pebbles at said Cleric, because he's bunny hopping away, you're dead.

    - Vybz
    Then you realize the rest of your group is dead and you're about to meet them in death because "focusing the healers" just became seriously flawed with their awesome second best armor in the game.

  13. #43
    Plane Walker Radamanthys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    481

    Default

    The only way to kill healing clerics is with my 51NB/15Inf spec.
    Fel Blades+Anathema and he might die!

  14. #44
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlood View Post
    lol @ you rogues wanting to be able to kill eveything. Would that not make you OP? *rolls eyes*

    Let me share some insight because obviously you have no idea how clerics work.

    Either a cleric will spec full heals which means they sacrifice all damage and focus on survivability eg PVP tank

    OR

    a cleric will spec damage which means they will sacrifice healing and survivability.

    To be able to kill a pvp tank, you should not be able to kill them in every spec. You should need to specifically spec to take care of them eg healing reduction buffs

    and if you cant kill a damage cleric, then your terrible

    The very fact that you people expect to be able to kill everything just indicates that your viewpoint is distorted and irrelevant. Please go back into game and learn how to play.

    Sacrifice all damage? are you challenged or just completely oblivious to the fact that clerics are killing
    rogues all the time, simply because the fight lasts long enough, and they can slowly beat em down with waterjet.

    Ok, so by your logic, rogues sacrifice all healing, to be able to damage, therefore we should be able to kill everyone.

    Kill everyone? since when did I say that, go back to school and learn to read. If two people are 1v1ing and it's balanced, the win/loss rate should be 50/50, not 90/10 in clerics favor. Everyone knows clerics are OP, ur just too stupid to admit it, I'll admit sabdancers are OP because i understand concepts of the game which clearly, you do not.

    Once more, you say our damage is high? but we cant get to you, because of all your stun/snare avoidance abilities.

    Maybe take a look at ur own game before you start telling people what to do on theirs, as clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about because you are stating things that dont make sense. evidently you have no idea what ur on about.

    Have a nice day.

  15. #45
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Dmg mitigation + HPS > DPS of one player. Flashing news.

    Get a freaking healing debuff or add more guys bashing on your target.

    Or just have one (totally NOT op!) Warrior plus someone else looking sharply at a healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts