+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: world pvp in a nutshell

Default world pvp in a nutshell

1.) i see rogue, i attack rogue, rogue disappears, i never see rogue again
    2.) i DONT see rogue, i pull x amount of mobs, now i see rogue
    3.) entire raid of defiant(or gaurdian) roll on me and all 20 decide to blow every cooldown on me

number 1 happens quite often, what is it about rogues that make them avoid pvp?

It only makes sense for a Rogue to slip away if you catch him off guard. When caught out of stealth, we're basically squishy warriors.

As to not opening on you after that, however, I have no idea.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    1.) i see rogue, i attack rogue, rogue disappears, i never see rogue again
    3.) entire raid of defiant(or gaurdian) roll on me and all 20 decide to blow every cooldown on me

because people that play rogues are ******* duh

Soulwalker

This made me laugh - and accounts for 99% of my 'world pvp' experience.
    I think I would feel unfulfilled if my kill was someone fighting four mobs at 15% health, but I suppose it's not about honor now is it? Such noble hunters.
    Last edited by Exxit; 08-01-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Exxit View Post
    I think I would feel unfulfilled if my kill was someone fighting four mobs at 15% health, but I suppose it's not about honor now is it? Such noble hunters.
    You have to wait until they are done before you get credit. Best to to get warriors and clerics is after a big pull. If I wanted to run around and fight everyone straight up the I would have rolled a warrior.

Ascendant

i once saw a warrior affiliated with a large pvp guild fighting 3 mobs, i waited in stealth while he killed them and healed up. Then I switched spec to a non assassin lol spec and started a fair fight with him. Before we killed each other, a raid of guardians came and rolled me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Disciple

I play a rogue and I agree.

More and more reason for keeps and PVP zones.

It makes no sense... why don't we have a pvp zone... I do feel bad for everyone who doesn't have stealth.

I am also only rank 2 and play nightblade/MM combo so only 30 secs of stealth.

would love to see a real pvp match. not instanced.. lol why, why! (down to knees praying)

lol I'm really not that upset, but when you see someone slamming their head in a wall over and over, you generally don't think, make sure to slightly tilt your chin! you say, "stop Fing slamming your head!... its loud"

Quote Originally Posted by Exxit View Post
    So you get it! It's just like hunting - You don't see a hunter run up to a deer before trying to shoot it in the face do you? No. They wait in silence and snipe them from afar when they least expect it. Likewise, if I'm stealthed up and see someone flagged(I'm on a PvE shard) and they're fighting a bunch of mobs, I'll wait for the most opportune time before wrecking their ****.
    Last edited by Dagurasu; 08-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dagurasu View Post
    So you get it! It's just like hunting - You don't see a hunter run up to a deer before trying to shoot it in the face do you? No. They wait in silence and snipe them from afar when they least expect it. Likewise, if I'm stealthed up and see someone flagged(I'm on a PvE shard) and they're fighting a bunch of mobs, I'll wait for the most opportune time before wrecking their ****.
    Isn't that exactly what you are doing though.. Running up to the deer before trying to shoot(stab) it in its face..

Hunters have to use their environment to stealth around.. in Rift rogues do not..

Very poor analogy.. As it is the range to see stealth is WAY too small & the survival aspects of it are unmatched..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Prophet of Telara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCAuj...eature=related

Another one of the issues with World PvP.

Shadowlander

Erm, your gear or class?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCAuj...eature=related

Another one of the issues with World PvP.
    Bad players?

The title of this thread should be changed to "Bad Rogues are bad" or "Bad Rogues need mobs to complete their daily kill quest"
    Even free cost too much now

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ruwyn View Post
    Bad players?
    Its the same rogue dying and coming back to fight immediately. Horrible game design.

How bout a Huge Buff that gives +dmg and take -dmg that stacks with amount of players attacking said player cannot be used in WF or Raids only procs when being Zerged. It would be cool to turn the tables on entire raids :] 1vs20 is bad PvP and at rifts current state the 20 player raid is rewarded for this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast