Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dominator 1.4

Plane Touched

Default Dominator 1.4

Originally Posted by Baluba View Post
    From 1.4 notes:

MAGE
    * Chloromancer: Reduced the healing effectiveness of Bloom and Essence Surge when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Necromancer: Reduced the healing effectiveness of Soul Purge when the target is in PvP combat.
    * Dominator: Reduced the damage of Split Personality's Void Bolts in PvP combat.
    * Traitorous Influence, Mass Betrayal: Energy and Power drained by procs from these abilities has been reduced to 20 from 30. These abilities now only trigger off of damaging or healing abilities.
    * Controlled Opportunity, Swift Control: Updated descriptions to remove references to Overpowering Will.
    * Transference now reduces energy/power/mana regeneration by 25% and increases ability costs by 50% for 7 seconds

Hello Fellow Players

This is a Catastrophe for the Dominator Soul, If these Changes go Through in Patch 1.4. This severely reduces the effectiveness of the Dominator Soul in PvP.

Transference

The modifications to Transference means a Warrior can go through a Full Damage Rotation of 3 Attacks and a Finisher, before running low on Energy, when under the influence of Transference. A Dominator Will of cause not survive a full Damage Rotation from a Warrior. I am totally okay with Warriors killing Mages. But Gimping Dominators only effective counter, is indeed very problematic.

The Dominator Soul have no Shields, Additional Damage Reduction, Teleportation or Healing to increase their Survivability. Be assured Deny and Reflective Command will NOT save the Dominator from a Warrior. It leaves the Dominator Soul Virtually Defenceless Against the Whole segment of Physical Damage Dealers, aka Warriors and Rogues.
    *Transference, 30 sec CD.

Personality Split & Storm Shackle

Reducing the Damage of Split Personality in PvP is also substantial blow to the Dominator Soul. It means the Dominator cannot even apply counter pressure. It effectively takes away the ability to kill anything in PvP, which is already severely Limited right now. Personality Split is the only good and reliable Damage Ability the Dominator Soul got. One might argue that Storm Shackle is also good Excellent. But it only works if people actually move around. I can assure anyone that Haunting Pain and Neural Prod can only kill Lame Goblins.
    *Split Personality, 1 Min 30 sec CD, with Talents. Storm Shackle, 30 sec CD.

Traitorous Influence and Mass Betrayal

Traitorous Influence and Mass Betrayal also got their Energy reducing properties substantially Reduced from 30 Points to 20 Points. And now only activates when people Heal or deal Damage. Traitorous Influence and Mass Betrayal is the Expression of the very essence of the Dominator Soul. But I do Not See anyone Spending 51 Talent Points into the Dominator Soul any more, or even 11 Points, on Transferenc, When they die anyway per default to Physical Damage Dealers.
    *Traitorous Influence, 30 sec CD and Mass Betrayal, 2 Min CD.

Victory Conditions, Healing, De-buff and Damage, The holy "Trinity" of PvP

There are allot of factors in PvP. The Factors are Victory Conditions, Healing, Various De-buffs and Damage. (I think we can all agree on this one).

If you make De-Buffing too Undesirable, Precisely what Trion is actually doing right now, the whole thing gets twisted. It turns into a Mindless Damages versus Healing Race. A very very very boring Healing race against Damage. The De-Buffing element adds flavour and options like Silence, Mana/Energy Drain, Polymorph and Movement Impairing Effects.

Trion might generally reduce Healing in PvP, but they will kill De-Buffing. People will soon realize, once the Dominators are gone, that they need even more Damage to kill a Cleric Healer. And then the Damage versus Healing race begins...

Dominator Patch 1.4

1) Very Low Damage.
    2) Low Survivability, Very Low against Physical Damage.
    3) Good De-buffing against Casters and Healers in Particular.
    4) Very Limited De-Buffing against Physical Damage Dealers.

-Conclusion: Not enough good reasons to use your Talent Points in the Dominator Soul.

I seriously think the Dominator Soul is on its way out the Window, both as a 51 Talent build and as supplement for the Cookie Cutters Talent Builds.

Bon Voyage Dominators!

Regards

Acererak

All my specs have so systematically been nerfed into oblivion by Trion, now also the new dominator. My specs have been pre1.2 dominator, pre1.2 pyro, pre 1.3 SC, post 1.3 Domi/chl

They have all been or are getting NERFED into oblivion, now also the domi/chlo spec which will have no defense against rogues/wars anymore. This is seriosuly starting to piss me off. Mages are rapidly running out of options. The only semiviable spec i can see after 1.4 is Lock/chloro, but even that will be dubious with the upcoming nerfs to healing.

To be honest Im sick of this game and their pathetic excuses for "balance". Being confined to the back trying to jerk off some meager AoEs or heals before any random warrior or rogue decides to flatten you in 2-3 sec is not my idea of fun. Trion has failed, and there is no way this game will survive the launch of upcoming titles like; StarWars, GW2 and Tera.
    Last edited by Baluba; 07-28-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baluba View Post
    To be honest Im sick of this game and their pathetic excuses for "balance". Being confined to the back trying to jerk off some meager AoEs or heals before any random warrior or rogue decides to flatten you in 2-3 sec is not my idea of fun. Trion has failed, and there is no way this game will survive the launch of upcoming titles like; StarWars, GW2 and Tera.
    This is exactly why I quit playing everything except my warrior. Its pointless to pvp on anything other than a warrior right now. The only thing that gives me trouble on my warrior, and I'm not even running the fotm spec, are geared healers and good doms (which are being nerfed).
    Last edited by Vember; 07-28-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Plane Touched

Default Dominator

Quote Originally Posted by Baluba View Post
    All my specs have so systematically been nerfed into oblivion by Trion, now also the new dominator. My specs have been pre1.2 dominator, pre1.2 pyro, pre 1.3 SC, post 1.3 Domi/chl

They have all been or are getting NERFED into oblivion, now also the domi/chlo spec which will have no defense against rogues/wars anymore. This is seriosuly starting to piss me off. Mages are rapidly running out of options. The only semiviable spec i can see after 1.4 is Lock/chloro, but even that will be dubious with the upcoming nerfs to healing.

Thank you for the Honest reply

I am also quite confused by Trionīs approach to the Mage class. They Kill of the Pyromancer quite effectively, then they Flattened the Stormcaller, finally they give the Dominator and Chloromancer good swing with the NerfBat.

Seems like Trion got big issues with the whole Balancing approach!

Regards

Acererak

Plane Touched

Default Dominator

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    This is exactly why I quit playing everything except my warrior. Its pointless to pvp on anything other than a warrior right now. The only thing that gives me trouble on my warrior, and I'm not even running the fotm spec, are geared healers and good doms (which are being nerfed).
    Thank you for the honest response

Maybe Trion do not like Mages at all, who challenge the supremacy of Physical Damage Dealers, in particular Warriors?
    *Rhetorical question

Right now, Dominators are good at handling Casters, in particular Healers. We have to admit that. They can hold off a Warrior or Rogue for 10 sec, with the 30 sec CD transference. But I, as you do too, does see anyone speck into Dominator any more, if they reduce the effectiveness of transference.

I do not see the BIG problem with the Warlock-Chloronacer Hybrid Build, as long as it is an Ability on a long CD. It hardly makes them as OP as people claim, and certainly not as hard to kill as Clerics. I actually wonder, if the Chloromancer Soul is getting nerfed because Clerics are the real Problem?

Can we accept in Patch 1.4 to play a Dominator Soul who can only handle less than half when PvP Participants. Being quite useless against the rest?

Regards

Acererak

Ascendant

itt: a big deal is made out of balancing changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

As a warrior, I dislike the changes to Dominator. They could kill me, unless I got the drop on them. Their abilities were in now way overpowered IMO.
    Kharnak- Warrior- Faeblight

Telaran

My specs have been pre1.2 dominator, pre1.2 pyro, pre 1.3 SC, post 1.3 Domi/chl
    That reads, "I only play Fotm's, then they get nerfed" How about, I don't know, spend some pts. in Archmage, you know, the PVP SOUL and profit?

In before, Archmage is bad. Clearly it's not. Just ask my Battlegroup competition how bad it is 8D I should say ex-competition. I will miss you guys! ./sniff

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nukin View Post
    That reads, "I only play Fotm's, then they get nerfed" How about, I don't know, spend some pts. in Archmage, you know, the PVP SOUL and profit?

In before, Archmage is bad. Clearly it's not. Just ask my Battlegroup competition how bad it is 8D I should say ex-competition. I will miss you guys! ./sniff
    Yeah, some of the passive and such in Archmage are VERY good. It's just there's much better in other souls, for less points invested.

That, and the Archmage cooldowns really need to be looked at. Not only do they drain charge, many of them are on 5 minute cooldowns.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nukin View Post

This is such a shortsighted post. How about you examine why everything becomes FoTM? Do you know why like 90% of the mages in 1.0 played pyro? (hint: it wasnt 1 shotting with fulminate) Do you know why people started playing different specs in 1.1 even though pyro didn't face that large of a nerf?

Telaran

There is only one build right now that is overrated in the melee dps department and that is the para/champ.

Look at your current WF dps chart. warrior, warrior, warrior, mage, mage, warrior, mage, rogue, warrior, cleric, warrior, mage, warrior.

I can deal with mages AoE beasting because they have to sacrifice armor in order to beast. But making the warrior, the most armored class in the game, the best dpser is clearly a mistake. Fix the parachamp.
    ^^^ Lennox @ Dayblind ^^^

Telaran

It's just there's much better in other souls, for less points invested.
    Overload, Nenvins's, Double Tap, Planar, Hastened Withdrawal and the entire lower tree would like to have a word with you. The only thing I agree with is that Phase Shift needs a shorter CD.

Remember guys/gals this game is not balanced 1v1. Quit trying to spec that way and take on Warr's 1v1. Although, I must say this spec DOES do well in 1v1 situations but I digress.

Telaran

This is such a shortsighted post. How about you examine why everything becomes FoTM?
    I just answered above but I will repeat. Stop spec'ing for 1v1 play.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Acererak View Post
    Thank you for the Honest reply

I am also quite confused by Trionīs approach to the Mage class. They Kill of the Pyromancer quite effectively, then they Flattened the Stormcaller, finally they give the Dominator and Chloromancer good swing with the NerfBat.

Seems like Trion got big issues with the whole Balancing approach!

Regards

Acererak
    I still see SC/Ele just destroying kids in pvp. Mage will still be good in pvp, it's just that Dom can't complete shut down an entire group of people anymore.
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

Plane Touched

Default Dominator

Behave yourself

Remember Boyz & Grilz, This is a Gentlemanīs game (The Forum) of words and Wits, not a brutish Bar Fight *hint*

Apply arguments and Reasoning, not Insults.

Regards

Acererak

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast