+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: After reading hundreds of nerf warriors comments, here is what I think is fair.

General of Telara

Default After reading hundreds of nerf warriors comments, here is what I think is fair.

Nerf their range damage. Inherently warriors are melee fights. Being such, they will be exposed to more danger, and theoretically have less up time with their attacks. As a result they should have high damage/great burst to make up for this. The problem is that warrior range attacks are way too powerful atm. In the warrior's current state they can burst you if they charge into you. If you manage get a bit of distance you get hit for 900-1.2k PoTH. If PoTH is not up, I've been hit for 400-700ish for path of the wind/raptor dmg. Just to be clear I have a rank 6 rogue being hit for this. I'm not some undergeared player crying ^.^. Also keep in mind PoTH only has a 6 second CD and path of the wind/raptor has 4 seconds CD. This causes the warrior to have much greater up time with their damage, and allow the warrior to attack 20 meters away if melee is not favorable at that moment. Being such, their melee burst is excessive in this case.

By nerfing warrior range attacks it would justify the warriors maintaining their current level of damage. It would justify their damage in terms of risk v. rewards. It would also bring skill into the class. If they blow their 30 second charge/15 second charge/ 21 second 50% sprint on a 1 min cd./ not use their snare/root break properly/ not using their breakfree, then they should be punished for it. If other players are not aware of their surroundings and allow a warrior to hop up on them without using any of his gap closures, then that player should be punished for it.

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO READ THE WALL OF TEXT: NERF WARRIOR RANGE DMG, KEEP EVERYTHING ELSE= BALANCE.

ALSO TO BE CLEAR, THE EXTREME NERF TO RANGE DMG SHOULD BE FOR PVP ONLY, SO THAT THEIR PVE PERFORMANCE WILL NOT SUFFER.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by xzaar; 07-25-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Also BI and LW.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Also BI and LW.
    Before this thread gets derailed, I do NOT advocate nerfing either of these. I think they are useful tools that the warrior should have, and justify an extreme nerf to their range damage.
    Last edited by xzaar; 07-25-2011 at 02:02 PM.

I'll keep my ranged damage, and you can completely take BI out of the game.
    Pedia < Chronicle > @ Laethys US
    DPS Warrior Gear Spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/43qqmar

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I'll keep my ranged damage, and you can completely take BI out of the game.
    I figure most warriors would because the problem is range dmg+ melee burst ^.^. Not gonna give you a free escape from jail card on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by xzaar View Post
    I figure most warriors would because the problem is range dmg+ melee burst ^.^. Not gonna give you a free escape from jail card on this one.
    You can reduce ranged damage if you fix AP scaling?

Ascendant

I think heal debuffs should have a cool down and take a little thought to apply ...and be curable. Solved.
    Irony - Pathiss

So reading all the nerf warrior threads is what educates you to make a good idea? That's like reading all the reasons why red is great and green isn't then judging which is better. You're assuming from the start warriors need a nerf and it's only in what way they need it that should be decided. And you're assuming this because warriors are the FotM for QQ, so you're just caving to the QQ.
    Last edited by Shinigam1; 07-25-2011 at 02:07 PM.

It doesn't seem like warriors overall are too powerful, just really useful abilities in the champ tree are at low point levels. Also warrior has some really, really good synergy between different trees that other callings don't. If anything the other callings should have better and more useful slots to put points in.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    I think heal debuffs should have a cool down and take a little thought to apply ...and be curable. Solved.
    Heal debuff is more of an icing on the cake thing. It is pointless to nerf their healing debuff if they burst you in 1/2 globals anyways.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    So reading all the nerf warrior threads is what educates you to make a good idea? That's like reading all the reasons why red is great and green isn't then judging which is better. You're assuming from the start warriors need a nerf and it's only in what way they need it that should be decided. And you're assuming this because warriors are the FotM for QQ, so you're just caving to the QQ.
    Actually I think you misunderstood completely. After reading all the reasons that people have post about why warriors are op, and assessing the various proposed "fixes," I feel that this is the most fair solution. What makes me think warriors need a slight nerf is their performance in game, and my experiences with them. It didn't come from forum QQ.

Actually I think you misunderstood completely. After reading all the reasons that people have post about why warriors are op, and assessing the various proposed "fixes," I feel that this is the most fair solution. What makes me think warriors need a slight nerf is their performance in game, and my experiences with them. It didn't come from forum QQ.
    Okay, so you were killed by a warrior ingame and then did everything exactly as I said...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    This is a smart idea, and the devs should take it to heart and apply it across-the-board.

As a healer on the other side of it, my single silence/interrupt has a relatively long cooldown and that makes me choose carefully when I use it.

Also, if the devs are going to stand their ground on this, then they should look add a more solid form of CC/snare to healer souls, because right now we really have nothing.

There's a problem when melee can attack and debuff healers with impunity and the healer can barely do anything active to stop them or slow them down. Good PvP is about counters and using abilities in a smart way, but right now it just comes down to spamming.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    You can reduce ranged damage if you fix AP scaling?
    Silly if we did that, then rogues would be OP -.^.

Silly if we did that, then rogues would be OP -.^.
    Who cares about rogue ap scaling, all they do is sit stealthed at flags anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast