+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Warriors as OP as BC Warriors?

Paragon is countered by bleed speced rogues, warriors of almost any other spec and dominaors. It's not OP if it can be destroyed by more than 50% of the population.
    Last edited by DaseinNJ; 07-14-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skylined View Post
    I get 3-4shot by warriors with ~900 valor, consistantly, as a DPS cleric.
    post a vid, takes zero effort to record a youtube vid of that happening.

edit: double post
    Last edited by Vaine; 07-14-2011 at 05:54 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by skylined View Post
    I get 3-4shot by warriors with ~900 valor, consistantly, as a DPS cleric.
    SS please ..... event my 200 valor cleric doesn't get three shotted (though i hate warriors)

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    TRION is doign to champ/paragons what they did to frost dks in cataclysm... not giv e a **** that theyre smoking people with no skill at all

sad thing is at least frost dks had to click on appropiate cooldown for the situation...

champ.paragons just smash 2 macros and watch big numbers

Actually for a Paragon to get maximum burst damage on a player requires quite a bit of setup including SLI and Shifting Blades which is 6 global cooldowns if you start at 0. Plus, to really play it to the max requires all your off global cooldown abilities to be separate from your main attack macro because these will interfere with follow up attacks.

So not only do you have to monitor strike like iron and shifting blades. But you also have to monitor 3-4 OGC abilities and when you can and should use them before they expire, plus using any defense abilities such as predictable movements and BLTR.

But yeah, no skill. And our defense and mitigation is just top notch. Paragons will die to almost anything. Sin's kill us no problem. Para's are THE softest class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DaseinNJ View Post
    Paragon is countered by bleed speced rogues, warriors of almost any other spec and dominaors. It's not OP if it can be destroyed by more than 50% of the population.
    50% of the population? Hahahaha. Mages are maybe 10% of Warfronts, and dominators are maybe 10% of mages. It's a high skill curve that most aren't willing to climb. Also Dominators are getting gutted in 1.4.

So that leaves assassin rogues, which are indeed relatively high in numbers (though not as high as paragons). Are you really saying they counter you? As in, over 90% of fights will be lost because of the class match-up? Really? You're more vulnerable to them than a mage or cleric is? Seriously?
    Last edited by nacho; 07-14-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    The MS warrior had more buttons to hit and an exploitable weakness.
    Paragons can't be kited, have ranged attacks, don't really contend with disarms, and have anti-melee defensive CDs.
    I played a rogue and a mage to gladiator in s1, s2, and s3 arenas.

I could win 1800 rated arena solo on my rogue. That's how op the rogue was.... especially after the druid nerf. Good Warrior druid (2300-2400) comps were hard to play against but everything else wasn't so bad.

i don't care what anyone says but the wow rogue was the most OP class in the history of mmo's that I've played (WAR, WoW, Aion, Rift, AC, AoC)
    Last edited by Vaine; 07-14-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post
    you expect me to seriously justify you saying that warriors have the worst defense when my mage wears a piece of toilet paper
    no, i have another thread to find because that thought pattern is delusional
    LOL ever tried to kill a R6 Dominator as a Warrior? Good friggin luck! Even if I pop everything it's still usually not enough. So gimmie a break man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    Actually for a Paragon to get maximum burst damage on a player requires quite a bit of setup including SLI and Shifting Blades which is 6 global cooldowns if you start at 0.
    They're not combo points; you can run around with 3 at the beginning of a fight.

Plus, to really play it to the max requires all your off global cooldown abilities to be separate from your main attack macro because these will interfere with follow up attacks.
    Holy crap, you need a third button containing every single off-GCD ability?

So not only do you have to monitor strike like iron and shifting blades.
    You don't "monitor" them. They're both finishers with extremely similar effects and they have cooldowns. Hell, you could put them both in the same macro.

But you also have to monitor 3-4 OGC abilities and when you can and should use them before they expire
    You spam the macro button if you want extra burst.

plus using any defense abilities such as predictable movements and BLTR.
    Two more finishers with similar effects that have quite mindless prerequisites (be attacked by a non-caster). You must realize that other classes, mainly the mage, rely on many many more defensive abilities just to survive a normal fight?

But yeah, no skill.
    And our defense and mitigation is just top notch. Paragons will die to almost anything. Sin's kill us no problem. Para's are THE softest class in the game.
    You have 1-2k more health than the other classes, and 10-20% more physical damage mitigation.
    Last edited by nacho; 07-14-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    Are you really saying they counter you? As in, over 90% of fights will be lost because of the class match-up? Really? You're more vulnerable to them than a mage or cleric is? Seriously?
    R6 vs R6 both starting at 100% hp, if I use the "OP" spec, yes they win 90% of fights if they stack bleeds and restealth.
    Last edited by DaseinNJ; 07-14-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post
    If you take magical dmg I think I'll take my new warrior skill for 20% reduced magical dmg on a cd I can almost spam. I'd also like some of the pacts built up everytime you do magic dmg to me. They should benefit me nicely plus I'll still be in plate should any other person melee me. MMMMMmmm I can't wait, where's the thread to post my thumbs up into.
    Enjoy being a tank with none of the damage people QQ about.

I watch warriors play bumper cars with players, they spread out so they dont get aoed
    LOL, so because the warrior isn't stupid enough to stand in your AOE that somehow translates into them being OP??

the warrior charges into one of them stun dead - charges over to another pulls another one toward them and the blender begins
    You have NEVER seen a warrior charge someone, instagib them and then immediately charge someone else AND pull someone toward them all in the same fight. We don't have enough talent points to get far enough into the trees to have all 3 of those abilities. So stop spewing BS.

Plus, if you see a warrior pull you to them just laugh and run away because it will take them an hour to kill you.

you have just as much resistance as i have cc so there will be no range maintained
    If we are under Diminishing Returns sure we do, but how is that different from anyone else??

-you take the 50 situational skills that i have on my dom warlock and see if you can nearly do what i do - see if you can macro it - go ahead and now you get to do it with these upcoming nerfs
    Some players macro everything anyway, so what. I guarantee that if I had too I could macro out a Dom warlock. Will I be as efficient or as good as someone who does not macro everything and uses their abilities when situations call for it? NOPE. Same applies to us. Paragon's, true burst Paragon's can only macro a few abilities. AP generators and follow ups. Ask any good Para. All our other abilities need to be separated out for Max burst because if we don't time them correctly our follow up attacks will reset.

Since so many of you are in agreement on all classes having the same armor and I'm down for it too since we all seem to have the same cc and the same dr let's do this. Official suggestion thread - gogo let's all get the same skills for once and make this game balanced
    Sounds super fun, can't wait. OH and one more thing sir. If you can't play a Dom mage and handle Paragon's. Well............

Telaran

You can CC warriors? I wasn't aware CC worked in the current build. One CC, warrior charges, he is now immune. There's little that's going to stop him from macro-blitzing whatever he wants, so often the only option is to just burn him down. This is the problem.

And knockback counts as CC.

KNOCKBACK

LOL

They're not combo points; you can run around with 3 at the beginning of a fight.
    Run around with 3 what?? We have to attack someone to generate AP's.

Holy crap, you need a third button containing every single off-GCD ability?
    Yep, more than the 2 buttons people keep spewing on about.

You don't "monitor" them. They're both finishers with extremely similar effects and they have cooldowns. Hell, you could put them both in the same macro.
    See, this is where you start to lose my attention because you don't know what your talking about. They are only 2 out of 6 finishers we can use. So yeah, they have to be monitored because they are the 2 most important but not always the 2 best choices.

Paragon Finishers in almost every spec:
    strike like iron
    shifting blades
    bend like the reed
    path of the tempest
    reaping harvest
    predictable movements

Few more there than you thought aye buddy and no they can't all be macroed together.

You spam the macro button if you want extra burst.
    Yeah just midlessly spam the macro, thats the ticket. Again you have no idea what you're talking about. These abilities come up very fast and only stay up for a few seconds. Not to mention they still come up even when they are on cooldown so you may only have a second to hit the right one before it expires. If you hit it too soon, you just blew your follow up.

You have 1-2k more health than the other classes, and 10-20% more physical damage mitigation.
    Have you seen most Paragon's health? I am in full R4-R5 and I still barely sit at 5k. I have seen dominators with almost as much health as my guilds MT. And Riftstalker rogues pushing 9k so again, gimmie a break. If they arent a tanking warrior their health is average at best.

Assassins kill warriors with no problem. Bleeds mitigate armor. Magic mitigates armor. Riftblade Warriors elemental attacks mitigate armor. Physical damage is hitting something with a stick.

Playing a Paragon is NOT as easy as you may think. Not to play it well anyway. There are alot of things that need to happen and someone who is using 2 macros will not be nearly as dangerous as someone who uses many of their abilities separate.
    Last edited by Cardinals; 07-14-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechchicken View Post
    You can CC warriors? I wasn't aware CC worked in the current build. One CC, warrior charges, he is now immune. There's little that's going to stop him from macro-blitzing whatever he wants, so often the only option is to just burn him down. This is the problem.

And knockback counts as CC.

KNOCKBACK

LOL
    The build that really destroys people doesn't have Break Free or any way out of control CC.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...sR.g0czqRMhz.b

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast