+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have absolute faith Lost Hope is going to be fixed

Default I have absolute faith Lost Hope is going to be fixed

I really don't understand why it's taking so long. The rogue just simply sits there at range (it would take at least 10 aoes/wards to find the rogue if he stood still - detection ward 30 sec cd) while he sits there and chain interrupts 4 players or 3 or 2 or 1. At 0 risk to himself. There is no counter to this - and everyday that goes on that it's not fixed, I'm losing a teeny bit of faith in the powers that be.

Brand new rank 0, blue gear, doesn't even know what pvp stands for - out and out wins entire codex matches.

And that's my QQ if you must label it as such. But this crap needs to be fixed.

Thanks.

I have Lost Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    I really don't understand why it's taking so long. The rogue just simply sits there at range (it would take at least 10 aoes/wards to find the rogue if he stood still - detection ward 30 sec cd) while he sits there and chain interrupts 4 players or 3 or 2 or 1. At 0 risk to himself. There is no counter to this - and everyday that goes on that it's not fixed, I'm losing a teeny bit of faith in the powers that be.

Brand new rank 0, blue gear, doesn't even know what pvp stands for - out and out wins entire codex matches.

And that's my QQ if you must label it as such. But this crap needs to be fixed.

Thanks.
    There is nothing broken to fix, thus it won't be changed. If you read the 1.3 patch notes before posting QQ, you'd know this was intended.

Naw, that's just a few of you that are outspoken rationalizing it to be ok to exploit until it gets fixed.

I agree. If you read the patch notes, then look at how it's actually working, it's "working", but certainly NOT "as intended". If they just change it to work as "written", it'll be ok.

They'll fix it, no doubt.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    There is nothing broken to fix, thus it won't be changed. If you read the 1.3 patch notes before posting QQ, you'd know this was intended.
    So let me get this straight.

You as a rogue have Lost Hope. You use this as an interrupt twice and the target becomes immune. You then use it a third time or more to interrupt an already immune target.

Now I see the problem here. I wonder with the color coordination used if you will be able to as well. Hmmm I wonder if we will have to break it down short bus style for the mentally challenged.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    I have Lost Hope
    i c wut u did thar
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Shield of Telara

LOL dumb rogue actually thinks this is how they wanted it to work.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    LOL dumb rogue actually thinks this is how they wanted it to work.
    they don't need to change the interrupt part, they need to break invisibility. if not on the first lost hope use, at least on the third.

Quote Originally Posted by tragicslip View Post
    they don't need to change the interrupt part, they need to break invisibility. if not on the first lost hope use, at least on the third.
    What is the point of incapacitating your target to use stealth attacks if the ability breaks stealth. That makes no literal sense really. This is 100% focusing on one single side effect and ignoring almost all practical usage of it.

Also, maybe I just have an advantage as a rogue, I don't know how other souls AoE capability perfectly. But everytime I notice a rogue is doing this I just swap to a Sab spec, turn on carpet bombing and drop like 5 ground effects randomly all over the vicinity. If it doesn't reveal the rogue due to Hidden Veil from assassin soul, it atleast puts me into combat and I can proceed to click the item without their ability being usable on me. This is higher emphasized when people say 1 rogue and stop 3 - 4 people. Why don't those people stop clicking the item and start AoEing everywhere, you can pretty easily cover a 20m radius to either push them out of range or force them to take damage to get in range to continue Lost Hope spamming you.

I'd hope they don't cave in and fix it cause its pretty easy to overcome. But they could also add a 2s reuse time to the ability and it wouldn't really effect its usefulness overall but would make doing this pretty tough with more than 1 person.

Certainly most people have a spec that can swap to that AoE's an area into oblivion? its a 20m range spell, they can't be *that* many places.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-11-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    What is the point of incapacitating your target to use stealth attacks if the ability breaks stealth. That makes no literal sense really. This is 100% focusing on one single side effect and ignoring almost all practical usage of it.

Also, maybe I just have an advantage as a rogue, I don't know how other souls AoE capability perfectly. But everytime I notice a rogue is doing this I just swap to a Sab spec, turn on carpet bombing and drop like 5 ground effects randomly all over the vicinity. If it doesn't reveal the rogue due to Hidden Veil from assassin soul, it atleast puts me into combat and I can proceed to click the item without their ability being usable on me. This is higher emphasized when people say 1 rogue and stop 3 - 4 people. Why don't those people stop clicking the item and start AoEing everywhere, you can pretty easily cover a 20m radius to either push them out of range or force them to take damage to get in range to continue Lost Hope spamming you.

I'd hope they don't cave in and fix it cause its pretty easy to overcome. But they could also add a 2s reuse time to the ability and it wouldn't really effect its usefulness overall but would make doing this pretty tough with more than 1 person.

Certainly most people have a spec that can swap to that AoE's an area into oblivion? its a 20m range spell, they can't be *that* many places.
    i think one use, doesn't break stealth. second 1/3 chance, third 2/3 and fourth use breaks stealth. if the rogue is smart, they move away from aoe or, play on a pillar and jump down. there is a video on these forums that shows how abusive this skill can be. the only prolem is indefinatly locking down two players and not breaking stealth. a 3 second cool down would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Triviathan View Post
    So let me get this straight.

You as a rogue have Lost Hope. You use this as an interrupt twice and the target becomes immune. You then use it a third time or more to interrupt an already immune target.

Now I see the problem here. I wonder with the color coordination used if you will be able to as well. Hmmm I wonder if we will have to break it down short bus style for the mentally challenged.
    1.3 patch notes, i hope youre right about the color.

* Interacting with objects in Warfronts (the Fang of Regulos, Sourcestone, Flags from the Codex) will now be interrupted when a hostile action is taken against a player under the effects of an Absorption shield, Damage Immunity, guarunteed Avoidance, or is under immunity to an effect due to diminishing returns. Hostile actions include damaging abilities, auto-attacks, stuns, interrupts, fears, mesmerize, and knockbacks. For Damage over Time effects, only the first tick will trigger an interruption on an object interaction.

They haven't fixed warrior fear making you fall through the world half the time, so I have no faith they will change this.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    1.3 patch notes, i hope youre right about the color.

* Interacting with objects in Warfronts (the Fang of Regulos, Sourcestone, Flags from the Codex) will now be interrupted when a hostile action is taken against a player under the effects of an Absorption shield, Damage Immunity, guarunteed Avoidance, or is under immunity to an effect due to diminishing returns. Hostile actions include damaging abilities, auto-attacks, stuns, interrupts, fears, mesmerize, and knockbacks. For Damage over Time effects, only the first tick will trigger an interruption on an object interaction.
    I keep pointing to this, I guess to be a qqer you must fail at reading comprehension

Plane Touched

I keep pointing to this, I guess to be a qqer you must fail at reading comprehension
    Most people complaining understand the patch notes well enough. What we're saying is that Trion ****ed up by making this change. It was a bad move. The move Lost Hope now has too much power. Yes it can be countered. That doesn't mean it's not OP.
    Last edited by Argizeos; 07-11-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast