+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Trion

Telaran

Ok all these changes didn't do a thing but make it worse.

Premades are now just doing a timed solo Q so they all end up in the same battleground and steam rolling the other team.

So really they just took the grouping part of the game out of it and left it to vent.
    All they did was make it so the avg. Joe can't Que with his friends in game.

Good try tho maybe add some world pvp and stop jacking up the warfronts.
    Last edited by Optik; 06-30-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Telaran

Default I repeat myself

Would premades be able to do what they do without third party software like vent? If they are allowed to have this great advantage (imagine trying to type help while moving) shouldn't they play on theire own field? Or are you afraid your weak premade can't compete against other premades with the same advantage?
    Do you think it's fair for a new lvl 50 to compete with players that didn't have the same challennge of fighting groups of r4-r6 when they started? Should the game revolve around the players that had a headstart or new players that will help create more capitol for Trion? It's in the best interest of Trion and us to support new players and make the game fun for everyone. More capitol=more development=more fun for all. Seems simple to me

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xoaxie View Post
    Would premades be able to do what they do without third party software like vent? If they are allowed to have this great advantage (imagine trying to type help while moving) shouldn't they play on theire own field? Or are you afraid your weak premade can't compete against other premades with the same advantage?
    Do you think it's fair for a new lvl 50 to compete with players that didn't have the same challennge of fighting groups of r4-r6 when they started? Should the game revolve around the players that had a headstart or new players that will help create more capitol for Trion? It's in the best interest of Trion and us to support new players and make the game fun for everyone. More capitol=more development=more fun for all. Seems simple to me
    Vent server is like 20$/year. Stop making up pathetic excuses.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Telaran

Default good point made

Quote Originally Posted by Optik View Post
    Ok all these changes didn't do a thing but make it worse.

Premades are now just doing a timed solo Q so they all end up in the same battleground and steam rolling the other team.

So really they just took the grouping part of the game out of it and left it to vent.
    All they did was make it so the avg. Joe can't Que with his friends in game.

Good try tho maybe add some world pvp and stop jacking up the warfronts.
    World pvp is great, but why group the pvp servers with the pve servers for warfronts?
    Pve players are quite often trying to finish up quests, while pvp players are joining WF's for prestige so they can survive in theire world. It's two different games and should be treated as so.

Telaran

Do you think its in Trions best interest for people that have no content left to do make them wait 45 min for something?

Telaran

World pvp is great, but why group the pvp servers with the pve servers for warfronts?
    Pve players are quite often trying to finish up quests, while pvp players are joining WF's for prestige so they can survive in theire world. It's two different games and should be treated as so.
    What is there 17 PVP servers. I can tell you that all 17 are not in my battle group.

Telaran

Default the wait

Do you think its in Trions best interest for people that have no content left to do make them wait 45 min for something?
    If the majority of players wanted to play premades then the que wouldn't be so long. The unfortunate reality is that most players don't wan't to just join a premade to steamroll pugs. That's why the seperation did not affect pug ques.

Telaran

Default Why

Why is it so hard for people to play fair?

Telaran

If the majority of players wanted to play premades then the que wouldn't be so long. The unfortunate reality is that most players don't wan't to just join a premade to steamroll pugs. That's why the seperation did not affect pug ques.
    Well it didn't work as a premade player now, all I see is Guardians guilds (the side with less in the Q)
    all doing a solo Q all at the same time making a premade where I have to play with pugs and we have no chance.

We have tried doing this on defiant side it does not work and we end up not in the same warfront, my guess is more people in the Q.

Telaran

[QUOTE=Optik;2722859]What is there 17 PVP servers. I can tell you that all 17 are not in my battle group.[/QUOTE
    Why shouldn't all pvp servers be in your group, and all the pve servers be in another?

Telaran

Why shouldn't all pvp servers be in your group, and all the pve servers be in another?

They should but they are not.
    Last edited by Vespera; 06-30-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag

It will take a few days to see how it all plays out.

But if Pug players start getting steam rolled again on a regular basis by premades then a lot of players are going to give up on WF's. And many of them will give up on Rift.

Rift's PvE is getting very stale and the 3 month subs are up in a couple days.
    Last edited by Grim1; 06-30-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Telaran

Well it didn't work as a premade player now, all I see is Guardians guilds (the side with less in the Q)
    all doing a solo Q all at the same time making a premade where I have to play with pugs and we have no chance.

We have tried doing this on defiant side it does not work and we end up not in the same warfront, my guess is more people in the Q.
    What makes me sad about all of this is the charicter transfers. Players switching to whatever server that has more advantage for theire faction. Must be a way to balance it instead of having to hide out on new servers in hopes that you won't get ganked everytime you try to complete a quest. I love my guildies, I don't want to leave my server. I am destroying most players I come up against with my R4 rogue, sadly I can't say the same for most of my buddies. I just see a major flaw that should be adressed more thoughtfully.

Shadowlander

I'm sure that all of the solo WF players are going to feel like you really care by giving in to the spoiled premade groups. WF's are more unballenced than ever. All the premades want to do is steamroll pugs and everybody knows it. You gave in, and now it's just a waste of time for solo players to even join WF's. Great update...not! RANT RANT RANT!
    It is true that is all some of the pre-mades want. Others actually just want to be able to group with their friends rather than deal with the headache of PuG's that insist on trying to farm favor by losing the matches. (i.e. boost personal kill count without regard for the warfront goal)

Hell, I'm always solo save for random public groups at rifts/world events. I've grouped once for quests. Trust me, the PuG's defeat themselves quite well without the help of pre-mades.

Telaran

Default Could use some work

Quote Originally Posted by Grim1 View Post
    It will take a few days to see how it all plays out.

But if Pug players start getting steam rolled again on a regular basis by premades then a lot of players are going to give up on WF's. And many of them will give up on Rift.

Rift's PvE is getting very stale and the 3 month subs are up in a couple days.
    I think pvp is great, it has become a bit stale though. I think they should have more incentives for hardcore pvp players. New faster steeds could be nice, maybe some raid useful gear as opposed to the limited selection of pvp gear. Anything but more valor gear, the last thing we need to do is give a greater advantage to the insane hardcore players.
    And oh yea, more fricken money, pathetic payouts in WF's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast