+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Trion

Telaran

Default Not quiting

I'm not going to quit becouse for me WF's are just part of the game. Unfortunatally, there is a major flaw with the steamrolling premades. From my experiance premades don't want to play fair at all. They only want to win.They have become part of the great the new generation of cyberbullies. They get really defensive when expected to play fair. How about a 600 valor buff for all solo players playing against premades, would that be fair? The fact that there is no way a new player can compete with a group of r6 premades is going to make alot of new subscribers upset. The system is faulted and they need to seperate premades period. If you don't like to play fair then you are just pathetic, and I feel sorry for you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by phantiasmic View Post
    I think this is a minor change, but a good compromise. Premades were still happening anyway so most people will not notice a difference.

However people who play with friends can now group 3 people and not be stuck so long.

Not every "group" is a premade.
    I agree not every group is a premade, but the premades are destroying the WF play for the majority of players that just want to finish theire quests.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xoaxie View Post
    I agree not every group is a premade, but the premades are destroying the WF play for the majority of players that just want to finish theire quests.
    this made me laugh

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie View Post
    this made me laugh
    Digital collectors edition for $24.99 made me laugh. You got the humor in that? You're on a sinking ship.
    Last edited by Raymath; 06-30-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    We were getting like 5-14 players in a WF and only lost like 3 games over the 3 days. Switch it back please to keep them happy.. Hate to see people leave over something that was so favorable to Premades without the community somehow noticing.
    If they leave over this they weren't a real PvP'er anyway... premades are on BOTH sides, and some suck anyway. Like I said in my initial post here, I've NEVER been in a premade and win plenty.

Sure, sometimes we get rolled... but sometimes we roll too. It all equals out. If you don't have the sack to lose half the time and not stick the clicker up your backside you shouldn't pvp anyhow.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

From my experiance premades don't want to play fair at all... If you don't like to play fair then you are just pathetic, and I feel sorry for you.
    How are they not playing fair? They flapped their lips or typed in a "multi-player game" and found people to que with. They then spent whatever time they needed to practice and get "good".

How's that unfair? You can do the same.

The fact that there is no way a new player can compete with a group of r6 premades.
    And no premade group of new players can compete with a pug of R6's... why aren't you shouting "PUG's are UNFAIR!". Put in the time and effort, meet some people, and you'll be in a R6 premade too. :P

I'm not trying to flame, I just don't see your logic. If you want everyone to be even, and no skill, planning, time, resources, effort or anything else to give an advantage, play a game that's 100% even and based upon luck...

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post
    In my case it was the last straw.
    The changes are not worth quitting over. Give it a try before throwing in the towel.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    What the hell? You make it seem that because we pressed solo we go in there for a 1v1 match.

- Vybz
    All anti-premade arguments based of exactly that.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Znick View Post
    How are they not playing fair? They flapped their lips or typed in a "multi-player game" and found people to que with. They then spent whatever time they needed to practice and get "good".

How's that unfair? You can do the same.

And no premade group of new players can compete with a pug of R6's... why aren't you shouting "PUG's are UNFAIR!". Put in the time and effort, meet some people, and you'll be in a R6 premade too. :P

I'm not trying to flame, I just don't see your logic. If you want everyone to be even, and no skill, planning, time, resources, effort or anything else to give an advantage, play a game that's 100% even and based upon luck...

Z
    Well I'm sitting in Ironforge (free 7 days for returning). In Azeroth they have arena for teams and Battle grounds for PUG's. But you aren't in Azeroth. And I'm not in Telara. But I do pvp. May your skills mend Telara. I'm already home, and I have a craving to just fly over everything.

Ascendant

I'm sure that all of the solo WF players are going to feel like you really care by giving in to the spoiled premade groups. WF's are more unballenced than ever. All the premades want to do is steamroll pugs and everybody knows it. You gave in, and now it's just a waste of time for solo players to even join WF's. Great update...not! RANT RANT RANT!
    Don't worry about it. They are going to launch multiple solo matches before they fill a premade match.

If you get into a match with premades just watch how awesome all the premades are and take notes, and then go back to the queue get in a solo match and apply what you learned.

Nobody said if you got placed in as premade filler you had to do anything... And certainly with all the awesome skilled premade players in Rift, you and I would not be able to contribute anything. So let them enjoy their premade battles while we cheer them on! Consider it a backstage pass.

Prophet of Telara

I'm not going to quit becouse for me WF's are just part of the game. Unfortunatally, there is a major flaw with the steamrolling premades. From my experiance premades don't want to play fair at all. They only want to win.They have become part of the great the new generation of cyberbullies. They get really defensive when expected to play fair. How about a 600 valor buff for all solo players playing against premades, would that be fair? The fact that there is no way a new player can compete with a group of r6 premades is going to make alot of new subscribers upset. The system is faulted and they need to seperate premades period. If you don't like to play fair then you are just pathetic, and I feel sorry for you.
    There is no way a new player can compete against a single r6 player, period. That has absolutely nothing to do with premades.
    Last edited by liho1eye; 06-30-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Ascendant

By the way, it is entirely possible the system is designed to balance out the 10 vs 4 and 15 vs 11 scenarios and if one side has NO premades that the other sides premades may still never get a queue.

If that is the case, it is fine with me.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    There is no way a new player can compete against a single r6 player, period. That has absolutely nothing to do with premades.
    If that's true, imagine how they feel when they walk into a WF with 10 of them.

Glad I stopped playing 2 weeks ago before any of this bullsheet occured.

I'm still reserving judgement. Speaking only on the lowest bracket, I actually got my opposite faction toon into some teams that had players I knew from premades. And these players actually played, unlike the dirtbags I was in game with a few days ago.

Before, I could never do that, no matter how hard I tried. Okay, not never, out of probably close to a hundred tries, I managed it once or twice.

Then again, the first two days after 1.3, puggers were free of being tortured by premades, too, I hear. Then the premades figured out how to exploit the system. So I'll give it a few days and see.

I take it, though, that at lvl 50, puggers are right back to being stomped in pure pug teams by premades? If so, that probably means the lvl 50s already figured out another timing exploit to make sure they won't have to share their WF teams with us, and that probably means before the end of the night, the lvl 20 premades will have it figured out, too. If so, I'll know to go ahead and uninstall.
    Last edited by joanlewiswrites; 06-30-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    I'd be an advocate for separate queues for premade and non premade groups. Some people have said they were successful in all queuing separately at the exact same time. If this is true, there will still be rofl-stomps of non premade groups even if only 90% of the team gets in. Does anyone have an idea how they could/even would combat this?
    Posted on 03-07-2011 by Sinoxis

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Treadmate View Post
    If that's true, imagine how they feel when they walk into a WF with 10 of them.

Glad I stopped playing 2 weeks ago before any of this bullsheet occured.
    what difference does it make? Pug of r6 players will destroy them just as much.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast