+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long before Trion hotfixes Dominator?

Rift Master

Default How long before Trion hotfixes Dominator?

I'm picking within the week, max.

aux

Surely they tested it, read the feedback, and this is working as intended? There shouldn't be any hotfixes.
    I'm so BORED

Shield of Telara

What Aux said.

I mean, Rogues kept saying the same thing like that after patch 1.2..

How is it different to this patch?

Time will tell.

P.S.

Are you sad you cannot be like God with your cleric now Mezkh?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    What Aux said.

I mean, Rogues kept saying the same thing like that after patch 1.2..

How is it different to this patch?

Time will tell.

P.S.

Are you sad you cannot be like God with your cleric now Mezkh?
    I'm a Mage :P

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I would think the river of tears is going to drown out that which was Pyro and Marksman combined.

I played quite a bit of Dom paired with Chloro and Archmage before the patch and it was effective. After this patch I feel like a God.

Trion probably tested it and thought it would a good way to break up PvP between DPS vs Heals. But they're probably over-estimating the playerbase's ability to adapt to it - Trion probably thought pyro's shipped out fine as well, but the playerbase is going to cry and cry and cry instead of adapting and I haven't got much faith in them not caving to it ;)

Plenty of Dom's got hard counters to everything. Transference and Storm Shackle destroy non-mana users. Traitorous Influence, Mana Wrench and reflects wreck mana-users. Break Free seems to not be taking players out of Transmogrify. Split Personality shades are better 'players' than half of my team in a warfront. I haven't even tried the 51 point skill because the synergy with other trees is so good.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 06-23-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    I'm picking within the week, max.
    I guess it'll take them the same amount of time as it did to hotfix eradicate. Oh wait...
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Just learn to spam dispell.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    I'm a Mage :P

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I would think the river of tears is going to drown out that which was Pyro and Marksman combined.

I played quite a bit of Dom paired with Chloro and Archmage before the patch and it was effective. After this patch I feel like a God.

Trion probably tested it and thought it would a good way to break up PvP between DPS vs Heals. But they're probably over-estimating the playerbase's ability to adapt to it - Trion probably thought pyro's shipped out fine as well, but the playerbase is going to cry and cry and cry instead of adapting and I haven't got much faith in them not caving to it ;)

Plenty of Dom's got hard counters to everything. Transference and Storm Shackle destroy non-mana users. Traitorous Influence, Mana Wrench and reflects wreck mana-users. Break Free seems to not be taking players out of Transmogrify. Split Personality shades are better 'players' than half of my team in a warfront. I haven't even tried the 51 point skill because the synergy with other trees is so good.
    Don't get me wrong. I always said and knew Dominator changes would be too much.

The sad thing is, now more Mages are going to use Dominator.. Which sucks because it felt good being the only one in the warfront or one of the only ones....

The downsides at the moment are things like Transmogrify not being able to break and no DR on it. You can spam Transmogrify on opponents over and over with no DR.

This will be fixed eventually though.. There are quite a few bugs atm that were obviously not mentioned or seen on test servers which suprises me quite a lot and makes me wonder what the hell players who tested were even doing.

And yes, sorry, you are a Mage. I forgot

Dominators wont be as annoying as MM's though, their damage and range plus bunny hopping is still over the top.

I forsee some dominator domino effects. (domino-ator?)

Red Team mage is trying to play pyro or chloro or something and gets pissed because Blue Team mage keeps draining all his mana. Red Team mage: "screw you, 2 can play at that game."

Now Blue Team mage #2 is out of mana all the time too, and doesn't like it much either . . .

end result: nobody in the entire warfront has power, energy, or mana. Fights are decided by hardest auto-attack.

Welcome to 1.3

Rift Chaser

I really dont see why everyone is so surprised. They bascially gave the dominator back what it once had. Nothing more.......

Drunk

General of Telara

So people QQ'ed loads about pyro, now they are on to Doms?

Lol, well I am glad people are moaning about mages, just a shame it wasn't because of there op dps in pve.

I am sure if enough of you moan they will nerf mages some more, to the point where we just carry the bags of rogues and clerics.

28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds,
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

I haven't made up my mind about Doms yet. I've faced a few last night. One WF with about 4 of them.

It made using my senti quite annoying (not impossible but very annoying). They really forced me to use warden and I saw quite a few clerics use warden/puri by the second scion (which took forever to pop and was laggy as hell)

Since most mms fail taking advantage of hot and buff padding allowed me to runaway while spamming dispel (had to rearrange my hot keys). Which is what I found myself doing a lot, running away that is.

So far it's manageable because even with that mp user increasers thing, I didn't feel completly hampered. And I have plenty of tonics and consumables that help with that.

As dps I didn't notice much.

I shall keep my btich fit hat close by however.

Rift Disciple MarleyTheMongolianMoose's Avatar

I say 2 weeks and the 51 point dominator skill will suck due to the massive nerf it will get.

The problem is, if people just moved away from each other it wouldn't be such a big problem.

The single target version is alright, it isn't going to drain as quick as the AoE version and requires using multiple skills, but still.

I got hit by Mass Betrayal last night and as I was running one way with the fang and a healer kept running with me healing me draining both of our mana even when I changed directions to try and get away from them.

Rift Disciple

"Break Free seems to not be taking players out of Transmogrify."

This was a surprise. I don't think anyone can complain about Doms being effective now and dom/chloro being very good 1v1 but not being able to Break Free from squirrel seems like a bug.

"Break Free seems to not be taking players out of Transmogrify."
    Sounds like you were silenced while Transmogrified. It does happen.

+ Reply to Thread