+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 124

Thread: Thanks for the Premade/PUG Separation

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Thanks for the Premade/PUG Separation

    Those of us who don't utilize the frat system appreciate being able to fight on even terms.

    Thanks TRION!

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Fiasco3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    We should all applaud them for making PvP even worse. I actually didn't think it was possible. They had to work hard to accomplish this.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    They didn't ruin it. They are attempting to fix it to benefit everybody. If you don't like being queued as a premade for countless minutes or hours then don't queue as one. Do it solo.

    They just need to merge all servers together which will fix the long delays.

    I can understand people being frustrated with having no warfronts because of this but it's in the right direction.

    To the people who are frustrated because they can't stomp PUGs with their skillful ( not ) premade, boohoo cry a river.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    They didn't ruin it. They are attempting to fix it to benefit everybody. If you don't like being queued as a premade for countless minutes or hours then don't queue as one. Do it solo.

    They just need to merge all servers together which will fix the long delays.

    I can understand people being frustrated with having no warfronts because of this but it's in the right direction.

    To the people who are frustrated because they can't stomp PUGs with their skillful ( not ) premade, boohoo cry a river.
    I have never been a part of a premade. I waited till I was level 48 before joining a guild. Now that I am apart of one I still don't run premades but I will. When my guild gets enough 50's we will run a premade but the thing is

    IT DOES RUIN THE SOCIAL ASPECT OF THE GAME. Flat out.

    It is a step in the WRONG direction. Here is why.

    We have a guild that leveled together and did warfronts together. In fact they know each other in real life....

    Wait... there are 3 of them. Now they have to wait either 50-150 minutes to get a match which can be INCREDIBLY unfair its not funny as 3 fresh 50's are on a team against another larger premade. Lets say 6.

    So now its 3 fresh 50's vs 6 not so fresh 50's? This is no different slaughter than a pug v premade.


    Now lets say they Solo-queue because well thats what you say THEY MUST DO...

    Now because they leveled together, warfronted together and know each other in real life... they must take the chance to solo queue and may or may not get to enjoy playing together. How fair?

    I call flat BS on this and pugs and premades should be put back together. If someone wants to get better beyond just themselves form a damn premade. Its not that hard... its called being social, make friends, join a guild, and form a team... hard concept maybe.

    Merging all the servers likewise would be stupid. A PvE server doesn't PvP as much as a PvP server from what I know. It also is a different class of person. Not saying that those on PvE servers shouldn't be on a PvP server or vice-a-versa its just the stereotype that more often fits.
    Last edited by Malagus; 06-22-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: more writing

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malagus View Post
    I have never been a part of a premade. I waited till I was level 48 before joining a guild. Now that I am apart of one I still don't run premades but I will. When my guild gets enough 50's we will run a premade but the thing is

    IT DOES RUIN THE SOCIAL ASPECT OF THE GAME. Flat out.

    It is a step in the WRONG direction. Here is why.

    We have a guild that leveled together and did warfronts together. In fact they know each other in real life....

    Wait... there are 3 of them. Now they have to wait either 50-150 minutes to get a match which can be INCREDIBLY unfair its not funny as 3 fresh 50's are on a team against another larger premade. Lets say 6.

    So now its 3 fresh 50's vs 6 not so fresh 50's? This is no different slaughter than a pug v premade.


    Now lets say they Solo-queue because well thats what you say THEY MUST DO...

    Now because they leveled together, warfronted together and know each other in real life... they must take the chance to solo queue and may or may not get to enjoy playing together. How fair?

    I call flat BS on this and pugs and premades should be put back together. If someone wants to get better beyond just themselves form a damn premade. Its not that hard... its called being social, make friends, join a guild, and form a team... hard concept maybe.

    Merging all the servers likewise would be stupid. A PvE server doesn't PvP as much as a PvP server from what I know. It also is a different class of person. Not saying that those on PvE servers shouldn't be on a PvP server or vice-a-versa its just the stereotype that more often fits.
    Judging by the limited number of people you PvP with, I'm guessing you're used to the "Make 3 friends and dominate PvP design, otherwise known as Arena."

    Are you trying to suggest that the only social skills you need to have to dominate PvP is making friends with 2 other people? What happened "only skill should be rewarded," and "time invested =/= rewards."? Cause judging by the total lack of Arena players' in WoW abilities to muster a team of more than 3 people consistently for rated BGs, I'm thinking large scale BGs shouldn't be given the arena treatment, and really should appeal to a broader spectrum of players other than the min/max level the flavor of the month variety.
    Last edited by Stewy; 06-22-2011 at 09:47 PM.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    To be honest in the warfronts I am matched up with. Most of the times it has PvE server players and to be perfectly honest, they do better then PvP server players.

    If you really believe they shouldn't merge all together because of the PvP and PvE bollocks then perhaps they should merge all PvP togethe and all PvE together. That right there is still more then enough servers to merge with and decrease wait times.

    Personally I would rather all together because this whole PvE and PvP bollocks is just that.. Bollocks.

  7. #7
    Fik
    Fik is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Ya good job Trion. I'm extremely happy about this change. Only ran into 1 premade all night. Overall, it appeared the others had a blast too - close match games.

    Only thing I notice is BG seems to be the only queue popping up.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    I hate BG with a passion.

    Best way to fix it is not queue for it and hope others don't queue it as well.

  9. #9
    Fik
    Fik is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malagus View Post
    I have never been a part of a premade. I waited till I was level 48 before joining a guild. Now that I am apart of one I still don't run premades but I will. When my guild gets enough 50's we will run a premade but the thing is

    IT DOES RUIN THE SOCIAL ASPECT OF THE GAME. Flat out.

    It is a step in the WRONG direction. Here is why.

    We have a guild that leveled together and did warfronts together. In fact they know each other in real life....

    Wait... there are 3 of them. Now they have to wait either 50-150 minutes to get a match which can be INCREDIBLY unfair its not funny as 3 fresh 50's are on a team against another larger premade. Lets say 6.

    So now its 3 fresh 50's vs 6 not so fresh 50's? This is no different slaughter than a pug v premade.


    Now lets say they Solo-queue because well thats what you say THEY MUST DO...

    Now because they leveled together, warfronted together and know each other in real life... they must take the chance to solo queue and may or may not get to enjoy playing together. How fair?

    I call flat BS on this and pugs and premades should be put back together. If someone wants to get better beyond just themselves form a damn premade. Its not that hard... its called being social, make friends, join a guild, and form a team... hard concept maybe.

    Merging all the servers likewise would be stupid. A PvE server doesn't PvP as much as a PvP server from what I know. It also is a different class of person. Not saying that those on PvE servers shouldn't be on a PvP server or vice-a-versa its just the stereotype that more often fits.
    You just said, for all the puggers to make a premade to counter your premade. Heck, the system is designed just perfectly for what you want. You just didnt have any competetion to begin you. You steam rolled puggers all the way to p6 most likely. My advise, keep queuing, it's only the first day. I see alot of peeps in town blasting away target dummies, and talking to trainers. PErhaps it's just a respec'n day for the hardcores to find a new overpowering way to roll pugs
    Last edited by Fik; 06-22-2011 at 10:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Banned Soulstitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Yeah you realize this is only going to last until guilds start solo queuing their premades right?

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Another case where trion appealed the adhd crowd and given the finger to those wich -could- have sticked with the game for years.
    have fun when all those epphemereals will lose interest after a couple of week and move to the next game, as they always do.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    It is a very simple and fair mechanic. If enough players wish to play with friends and queue with friedns then queue times will go down for pre-made groups.

    If players rather PvP solo, then pre-made queue times will be high because THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT!



    The next step is to motivate organized PvP with incentives. Tournaments, Guild Vs Guild, RvR, Arena, Rated Warfronts.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched phantiasmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Sit in vent. Everone queue solo, first one that pops up let everyone know in vent and they all look for same one most of the time you'll end up in same ones.

    Or do groups of 2-3 instead of 5 and try and get in same ones. Doesnt matter if youre in same group if youre in vent the voice chat is what makes the difference.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker Raincloudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrush View Post
    It is a very simple and fair mechanic. If enough players wish to play with friends and queue with friedns then queue times will go down for pre-made groups.

    If players rather PvP solo, then pre-made queue times will be high because THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT!



    The next step is to motivate organized PvP with incentives. Tournaments, Guild Vs Guild, RvR, Arena, Rated Warfronts.
    lol u want arenas...

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantiasmic View Post
    Sit in vent. Everone queue solo, first one that pops up let everyone know in vent and they all look for same one most of the time you'll end up in same ones.

    Or do groups of 2-3 instead of 5 and try and get in same ones. Doesnt matter if youre in same group if youre in vent the voice chat is what makes the difference.
    Yeah, I can see this being abused.

    Which is most likely why premades haven't been queuing fast. They are queuing solo but together on vent still.

    This is why merging all the servers together will prevent this happening and is a must.

    Sorry premades or any group that is just "social friends" but if you want to queue as a group whether you have vent or not, you are premade and should be up against other premades. Simple as that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts