+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More Trion PvP fail

Default More Trion PvP fail

Well the daily quest to kill 25 players is a nice touch, but most of the PvP quests revolve around picking flowers surrounded by a bunch of mobs. Way to go Trion, picking flowers and fighting level 50 mobs, just what us PvPers were asking for. What will the next PvP quest be? To run Expert Iron Tombs?

You are free to leave! Game has not been out very long. Good grief!

Trion responds faster to things faster than any mmo I have ever played and that goes back to original Everquest!

You need a pacifier if you're going to cry like a baby.

Feel free to /riftquit if you want to, got plenty of friends and family getting the game and old guildies quitting WoW so you are free to go!

/wave

aye seems like a small thing to complain about =(

Haha it's a step into the direction of world pvp I don't see why there is so much QQ about this.

Pvpers knew they weren't getting anything until 1.4 and 1.5, this is a plus the way I look at it. Take a deep breath and develop patience. Your PvP goodies have been announced, just enjoy what you have now.

More of the same grind until a larger queue to wait for.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by phantiasmic View Post
    You are free to leave!
    Will you refund my money if I do?

Game has not been out very long. Good grief!

Trion responds faster to things faster than any mmo I have ever played and that goes back to original Everquest!
    Thread has nothing to do with response time.

Fantastic!

Feel free to /riftquit if you want to, got plenty of friends and family getting the game and old guildies quitting WoW so you are free to go!
    That's fantastic, and I know a ton of people who have left or are talking about leaving this game. I bet half of your WoW buddies go back to WoW within the first three months and unless you're content to just instance run ad infinitum I doubt you'll even last that long.

/wave
    /wave

Ato

I spent a good while killing guardians in stillmore trying to do their quest. It isn't the ideal daily quest set up, but it does get people out there. It is at least a start.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    aye seems like a small thing to complain about =(
    How it is a small thing to complain about? I mean, how is it any smaller than every other thing people complain about?

How many complaints do you think we'd get if PVE'ers had to win warfronts to get raid gear?

I understand Trion's idea ( guardians need those, defiants need those, so both factions will go there and they'll obviously fight ) but this idea never works, it was done in other games.

Don't turn the pvp aspect of the game into Age of Conan's Shrines of Bori.
    (For those who never played AoC, shrines of bori = you fight people over a zone where you can farm rocks for pvp XP. The idea was that people would fight over the zone to get XP. What happened is that the main 2-3 guilds each owned the zone without contestation for 8 hours each. And were leveling in PVP like crazy without doing any PVP )

If a big group of guardians is in the zone, defiants will not make a big group to fight them back. They'll wait for them to be done.
    Guardians will farm flowers.
    Leave when they're done.
    Then defiants will farm flowers.
    Everyone get pvp XP, no pvp happened.

Maybe it'll work out, who knows... But it never worked in other games.
    PVP'ers don't like doing pve stuff and call that pvp.

Most PVP'ers hate Port of Scion because there's too much PVE stuff in there...
    We don't mind doing SMALL pve stuff in pvp ( like, carrying a fang, capturing points ), as long as it's 95% PVP.
    The ennemy WILL try to stop you from carrying that fang or capturing that point.

I've been in that area for about half an hour already. Nobody stopped me from doing anything. In fact, most of the players I've seen ran away, like any players in any other zone/situation. Why PVP if it's PVE that gives XP?

Sure, I got to stay in the zone and get XP while they got nothing. But it wasn't fun, and it certainly wasn't PVP.

Kudos on the "Kill guardians/defiants", THAT works. I've took part in some huge brawls, in open world, in zareph, everywhere. That's pvp. Picking flowers isn't.

As I said before, I'd rather have 3 daily PvE quests that make open world PvP happen than nothing at all. PvP content clearly wasn't the main concern in this patch, be happy that they at least did something.
    Last edited by PVStar; 06-22-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Plane Touched

You are free to leave! Game has not been out very long. Good grief!

/wave
    The point is why these mistakes have to happen in the first place. It is because people don't think things through before actually believing they are good. Like Kill 25 guardians/defiants in ??? zone. That is utterly ******ed for a PVE server of which, last I checked, around 50% of the servers are.

Not to mention the quests to kill hounds in Stillmoor is such a small area with perhaps 10 total spawns that 20 people just stand around lookin at each other. All this has promoted or done is give an additional easy favor/prestige to everyone who likes PVE dailies.

Ascendant

Haha, if this is true. Just wait when that new "pvp" zone comes. I wasnt expecting so carebear MMO to be honest, life is full of little surprises, but yeah I think I see this game now totally differently. Why even make two faction game.
    Last edited by June; 06-22-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Champion of Telara

they should give you rep for the eye faction just for killing people in stillmoor. That way you dont have to do the stupid quests, but can just kill the bads that do.

I haven't seen this yet. But I actually hope it's true. The best way to encourage solo / small group PvP is to reward people for picking flowers in contested zones. You can't zerg it. You can't do it in stealth. You have people fighting over a scarce resource which is the best and most natural way to encourage PvP.

I'm amazed that the OT was so difficult for people to understand, but some people obviously didn't get what it was about judging by their posts. Three out of Four of the new PvP dailys are PvE quests, worst yet they're the type of quests you see in WoW, kill X number of a limited mob, collect X number of random drops, like somerandomnamee said it's like making PvE'rs do warfronts to get their raid gear.

Is killing mobs and picking mushrooms really your idea of PvP?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    I'm amazed that the OT was so difficult for people to understand, but some people obviously didn't get what it was about judging by their posts. Three out of Four of the new PvP dailys are PvE quests, worst yet they're the type of quests you see in WoW, kill X number of a limited mob, collect X number of random drops, like somerandomnamee said it's like making PvE'rs do warfronts to get their raid gear.

Is killing mobs and picking mushrooms really your idea of PvP?
    yes, to get targets you have to make them stick their head up.
    what you dont get is that for having world pvp you need people actually _IN_ the world, and to get people there you have to make them want to be there.
    what's your idea of a pvp quest, after all?
    kill xx players? and where you find those players if nobody get out of meridian/sanctum?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast