+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We now have a total hard counter for healers. Use it.

Rift Master

Default We now have a total hard counter for healers. Use it.

First thing I did when I logged in today? Respec'd dominator.

Second thing? Dueled a warden.

10 seconds later, he had zero mana.

His heals were cut by 50%. They cost 25% more mana. They cast 25% slower. Every time he used one, he lost 10% of his mana. Every time he used one, he had a 60% chance to silence/interrupt himself. When he tried to regen mana, I blocked it for 7 seconds. He literally stood zero chance, and the duel was over quickly.

If you're annoyed by seemingly invulnerable healers, become or befriend a dominator. It's a lot more effective than trying to get them nerfed.

I have mentioned something like this in another thread. People I think are just so used to the holy trinity of classes... heal / dps / tank and they forget support!

Bards, Dominator's, Archon's and likely Warlords can make a difference in a fight. And there are likely others I did not mention.

it will be interesting to se ehow it plays out and to see if the keep the changes.

Shield of Telara

Even before the changes to Dominator they made a huge difference in warfronts against Clerics or healers in general. People just didn't know how to use them.

I would watch DPS spam at Cleric healers and their health would drop but be healed right back up. The moment I step in and debuff their heals plus do some other nifty Dom tricks, they would drop rather fast.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by phantiasmic View Post
    I have mentioned something like this in another thread. People I think are just so used to the holy trinity of classes... heal / dps / tank and they forget support!

Bards, Dominator's, Archon's and likely Warlords can make a difference in a fight. And there are likely others I did not mention.
    I appreciate that other souls can drain mana, but the new dominator is completely next level. Every healer I've dueled cannot believe this went live, and neither can I. This might be hotfix-worthy. At the very least, they're gonna have to put drains on valor. Just like WoW... again.

Sidebar: why does Rift pvp have to go through the exact same growing pains as WoW pvp when Trion has managed to so effectively copy everything else?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    I appreciate that other souls can drain mana, but the new dominator is completely next level. Every healer I've dueled cannot believe this went live, and neither can I.

so a Dom/Archon can drain someone completely, reduce their dmg to zero, then hit them with archon point reducers(armor,strength, dexterity) basically stripping them of Levels?

well allright imp:

Sounds sexy. Mind I haven't had much trouble with healers as Sin, maybe I should find a Dom in guild and pair up to take down a cleric, see how fast we drop them then
    <Knights of Wolfsbane>
    Sheraseval - 60 Cleric (P51)
    Sheriseter - 50 Rogue (P35)
    Claraseval - <50 Warrior
    Clariseter - <50 Mage

Soulwalker

Cleric healers were never as strong 1 vs 1 as some people claimed them to have been anyway.

Situations where clerics cood stand vs several oponents was when they were healed by others anyway, but

Whiny rogue conviniently never noticed its more than just this single cleric cross healing.

As a side note.
    Cleric healers are outhealed by chloromancers after 1.3 AND they heal THRU damage which cleric can NEVER do.
    Cleric tanks are far less tanky than warrior/rogue tanksand got less untility.
    Cleric offensive melee souls got no CC/untility and lower damage than ..all other callings offensive souls, and cant combine them with healing souls for some reason.
    cleric AOE dps is non existant.
    Cleric rangeed dps seems to be much worse than other callings , and cant be combined with healing.

Im wondering where are those clerics so OP as they are claimed to be.
    Last edited by pod11; 06-22-2011 at 07:29 PM.

I expect this to be nerf bait, probably even in a hotfix as you also guess.

There will be lots of people overjoyed to watch the R6 wardens in their cluster go oom in 10 seconds and die, it's true. But . . .

There will be even more people playing mana-based DPS who get absolutely enraged by being constantly out of mana in PvP. It's even more annoying than being CCed, and we saw excessive CC get nerfed already for gameplay reasons. And being stripped of power/energy aint exactly a picnic for rogues and warriors either.

Basically, class built around making other players unable to participate = gameplay fail. Just needs a rework, shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Claraseval View Post
    Sounds sexy. Mind I haven't had much trouble with healers as Sin, maybe I should find a Dom in guild and pair up to take down a cleric, see how fast we drop them then
    Sin generally doesn't have healer issues, only bads complain about it.
    Dayblind US
    Legionnaire Sunrider (R4 50 Rogue) - Cadet Warcrown (R2 50 Cleric)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    I expect this to be nerf bait, probably even in a hotfix as you also guess.

There will be lots of people overjoyed to watch the R6 wardens in their cluster go oom in 10 seconds and die, it's true. But . . .

There will be even more people playing mana-based DPS who get absolutely enraged by being constantly out of mana in PvP. It's even more annoying than being CCed, and we saw excessive CC get nerfed already for gameplay reasons. And being stripped of power/energy aint exactly a picnic for rogues and warriors either.

Basically, class built around making other players unable to participate = gameplay fail. Just needs a rework, shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.
    yeah.. i was stripped of energy myself today it really sucked as I just sat there and died heh oh well.. as long as the wardens get whats coming to them ;-)
    Last edited by Ickara; 06-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post

Many games have the "controller" class. People learn to play around it. Trion obviously wanted the class in game. Play with a dominator and have him drain the mana of the other teams dominator.. proceed with the usual hack and slash... pretty basic. Rather than nerf to the whims of the whiners they should give PvPers a chance to adapt and triumph, as that is where players find true enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfuzzzy View Post
    Many games have the "controller" class. People learn to play around it. Trion obviously wanted the class in game. Play with a dominator and have him drain the mana of the other teams dominator.. proceed with the usual hack and slash... pretty basic. Rather than nerf to the whims of the whiners they should give PvPers a chance to adapt and triumph, as that is where players find true enjoyment.
    Yeah, sure. But let's do a thought experiment - say they made a class with a "lag bomb" ability. That simply caused enemies to lag for a while, and once in a while to disconnect. Would it be fair? Sure, both sides would have it. Would you be able to adapt to it? Sure, kill it before it lags you, or have your own lag bomber to lag bomb the lag bomber before he lag bombs.

Would it be a smart thing to put in your MMO? Hell no.

A drain-theme class isn't quite as bad as the lag bomber. But it's not that far off, either.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfuzzzy View Post
    Yea...Idk how often you get to run with full premades but most players do not. Let alone dominator being the chosen spec for the "good" mages.

PvP was fine for the most part, aside from some of the output of 4k+ in under 2 seconds. Which of course...was the counter to heals. Now they have gone too far and reduced mana regen while ALSO buffing mana drain. One or both of them is gonna get reversed.
    Last edited by Ruwyn; 06-22-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Rift Chaser

Too busy with my immortal Lock/Chloro.

OMG I'm all of a sudden magically skilled enough to PvP in this game!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast