+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bunny hopping fix should have gone a step further

Shadowlander

Default Bunny hopping fix should have gone a step further

Kiilling the exploit was a start. However, if a player hits you while you are jumping in PvP (or a monster in PvE), there should be a 50 percent chance of a knockdown or some other similar nasty negative effect. I play a range of characters and absolutely can't stand the bunny hoppers in every game (whether it is an exploit or not).

Sure, I hop around like a monkey when I am running around town, but there is just something really obnoxious about doing it in PvP (yes, I know that is why you do it you little ...., but still). Run around in circles if you like, but it really kills the feel of an intense PvP battle when I feel like I am fighting Tigger from Winny the Poo in every Warfront...

Shield of Telara

nvm misread, carry on ^^
    Last edited by Balduran; 06-22-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agronas View Post
    Kiilling the exploit was a start. However, if a player hits you while you are jumping in PvP (or a monster in PvE), there should be a 50 percent chance of a knockdown or some other similar nasty negative effect. I play a range of characters and absolutely can't stand the bunny hoppers in every game (whether it is an exploit or not).

Sure, I hop around like a monkey when I am running around town, but there is just something really obnoxious about doing it in PvP (yes, I know that is why you do it you little ...., but still). Run around in circles if you like, but it really kills the feel of an intense PvP battle when I feel like I am fighting Tigger from Winny the Poo in every Warfront...
    we do it because its disorienting to someone trying to cast on you...can we get a nasty debuff for that "kiting" thing rangers do too?
    "Anyway down to facts I am potenially best player in the world behind any class but i want the best class combined with me i will be an unstoppable force all I ask is a best suggestion 2 souls with a riftblade and talent calculator guide so i got a rough idea were I am speccing since not played a warrior yet.." Yomangoman

I told you people would be back to crying about this.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

This just in: bunny hopping makes keyboard turners cry.

News at 11.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

jca
    Rift Chaser

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that some of us bunnyhoppers aren't bunnyhopping at all. There's this pvp thing called a jumphot. I'm not sure how you'd differentiate someone trying to exploit a targeting bug from someone executing a legitimate kiting move.

Quote Originally Posted by jca View Post
    Something I haven't seen mentioned is that some of us bunnyhoppers aren't bunnyhopping at all. There's this pvp thing called a jumphot. I'm not sure how you'd differentiate someone trying to exploit a targeting bug from someone executing a legitimate kiting move.
    i,m not claiming to be a pvp expert but i recon i could have a stab at telling the diffrence. the guy using the jump shot fires at you every time he jumps perhaps?? ....... duh
    the man who asks questions may be called an idiot for a while.... the man who asks none remains an idiot forever

welcome to the land of MMO's where the jobless man is king, for time is the only true currency .

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ginzo View Post
    i,m not claiming to be a pvp expert but i recon i could have a stab at telling the diffrence. the guy using the jump shot fires at you every time he jumps perhaps?? ....... duh

Whether you can guess is irreverent. It's whether the game can determine absolutely which is the case. Anything can be programmed but I doubt very seriously that it would be worth the effort and accurate enough to not sometimes penalize players actually executing a legitimate move.

And keep your duhs ....to yourself.

Run around in circles if you like, but it really kills the feel of an intense PvP battle when I feel like I am fighting Tigger from Winny the Poo in every Warfront...
    what he said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Let me get this straight. Because you find it obnoxious in pvp to see someone jumping around, you want to give them some kind of debuff for doing so? Because it "kills the feel of an intense pvp battle"? What about the advantages to jumping for kiting purposes?

Do you not realize that the people who kite while running away from you can jump to keep their momentum while they turn to face you and shoot? This would impact them for what? Because you don't like how it looks? Please...

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Let me get this straight. Because you find it obnoxious in pvp to see someone jumping around, you want to give them some kind of debuff for doing so? Because it "kills the feel of an intense pvp battle"? What about the advantages to jumping for kiting purposes?

Do you not realize that the people who kite while running away from you can jump to keep their momentum while they turn to face you and shoot? This would impact them for what? Because you don't like how it looks? Please...
    Indeed, thats definitely why I jump while im kiting in dps spec, so i can continue to move away and still use instant casts on them(most of the time its vex, which doesnt require vision anyway). Its not really kiting to get away, just to keep them on their toes if its not a ranged enemy.

Personally I think theres too many instant casts in this game, too much that you can do while running etc. I liked how DAoC had it, almost no instant casts. And any dmg or spell cast on you interupted your casts. However it would never work with classes having speed burts, and a ton of gap closers. So we are stuck with bunny hop kiting, throwing out the instant casts while doing it.

PvP to me anyway is a large percentage of game skill and skill in knowing how to lure your target, engage your target, and manipulate them into the situation you want them in to better your side of it. kiting, cast and run, or just in your face smash is your play style, fine tune it and use it to your advantage.
    Rift: Warrior calling dps rotation: .... press button receive lootz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolotomasi View Post
    some other range hit you. you only see warrior coz they do big crit and in your face.

+ Reply to Thread