+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.3 Broke Queue's for Premade groups

Default 1.3 Broke Queue's for Premade groups

Sat in a queue for 40 mins with 4 people in my group, Soon as we split up and queue, We get instant pops.

If I can't pvp with my guildmates, Then there is zero reason to play this game.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Fik
    Rift Chaser

That's funny. Seems like there was no other premade available to make it fair game.

Luckily, all those casuals are visiting the forums applauding the damn good changes in pvp, not realizing they just didnt get queued with a premade for once.

I know it probably will make you hate the game, but it sure as heck is making mine much better. I hope to see a fix for you soon.

Also, i hope you're not coming here bc you got queued with a premade and didnt get teh usually farm curtesy you are used to from the pugs. PErhaps it's not broken, its just not busy in the premade section yet.

A temp fix? - Larger queue system perhaps for premades

Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    That's funny. Seems like there was no other premade available to make it fair game.

Luckily, all those casuals are visiting the forums applauding the damn good changes in pvp, not realizing they just didnt get queued with a premade for once.

I know it probably will make you hate the game, but it sure as heck is making mine much better. I hope to see a fix for you soon.

Also, i hope you're not coming here bc you got queued with a premade and didnt get teh usually farm curtesy you are used to from the pugs. PErhaps it's not broken, its just not busy in the premade section yet.

rofl, I would love to get queued against premades, I have zero problem with that, I have a problem with queuing with guildmates, and sitting in the queue forever, and not getting put against ANYONE.

The way it's setup is if you have more then 2 people, You get put in premade queue, If no premades, you're screwed and have to sit in the queue

I ended up joining as a pug waiting for a few more friends to get online and was thrown into a match that had a premade on my side and theirs. Not just a speculation premade of "oh look they are from the same server", but actual guild groups.

Next queue, I ended up in with the same premade from out side and it didn't look like their team had one this time, not that I could tell anyway, they got shoved right back to spawn and camped in it the whole game.

Third time wasn't a premade on either side that I could tell.

Don't see queue's as broken, just not sure exactly how much actually changed.

Will throw in an update later after I've run a few with my group and see how it turns out.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-22-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    PvE vs PvP gear. Solution: Equal gear, for Equal time invested.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post

It is funny I did think some changes made it better... didn't really think much about the premade vs pug issue. Although in my cluster it seems like Guardian premades happened 90% of the time and Defiant like 5% of the time...Especially since the server merges. Have only done a few wfs today so far, but it has been much more balanced, and amazingly I did not see any of the traditional Premade players who play all day every day.

I am sure they work on trying to exploit the system to join solo, so hopefully Trion stays on top of things. At least this dvision provides some real information about the existance of premade balance or not. If people are having 40 minute queues as premades it means they had a huge advantage over the other side almost all the time. I have little sympathy for that. It is what it is.

Prophet of Telara

I also had a match that was 8 v 5 for a solid 10 minutes in whitefall

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    rofl, I would love to get queued against premades, I have zero problem with that, I have a problem with queuing with guildmates, and sitting in the queue forever, and not getting put against ANYONE.
    while I can appreciate you wanting to play with your friends, you have to acknowledge that the pug v pre is not ideal. Think about the many complaints you see them handling about OP and it's due to instances where pre's are just murdering them near spawn

Your Guild is elite...great....but you think you should be ruining people's game time because you don't want to wait?

Wait for competition, or go as level playing field(un-supported, un-buffed)

signed,
    6 years, non-guild, solo-monk

Did a few wfs today and for the mos part it seems to be much more balanced. If this causes premades an inconvenience so be it.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    while I can appreciate you wanting to play with your friends, you have to acknowledge that the pug v pre is not ideal. Think about the many complaints you see them handling about OP and it's due to instances where pre's are just murdering them near spawn

Your Guild is elite...great....but you think you should be ruining people's game time because you don't want to wait?

Wait for competition, or go as level playing field(un-supported, un-buffed)

signed,
    6 years, non-guild, solo-monk
    It's not a level playing field, I'm going to be better then 99% of the terrible people in this game 1v1, Nothing has changed in that regard, THe only thing that has changed is I cannot longer play with my friends, While you can still play just fine.

Before the patch, You could play just fine....

After the patch, I don't get to play.

Shield of Telara

Translation:

If i cant queue with my guild mates to farm easy valor against random casual bad players there's no reason to play the game

Try some open pvp, stop relying on the BG's

Soulwalker

Yea it's not looking too hot. I'm going to wait it out a bit to see if more people start group queuing to lower the overall wait times to something a bit more reasonable. As it stands now its worthless to try, but it might be because of all the other new things going on.

If after another couple weeks its still unpractical to queue with my friends then ill probably just give up.

Plane Walker

Default try this

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    THe only thing that has changed is I cannot longer play with my friends, While you can still play just fine.

Before the patch, You could play just fine....

After the patch, I don't get to play.
    until all settles try smaller groups: IE: more 3 enter group, than 9 enter group

maybe at the time, 4 was too much, did ya'll try 3?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Translation:

If i cant queue with my guild mates to farm easy valor against random casual bad players there's no reason to play the game

Try some open pvp, stop relying on the BG's
    You know, some of us have, like, friends and stuff. We don't live in our parents' basements and do nothing with our time. It could be that he simply likes to spend time with friends. I know that's a hard thing for you to grasp, but eventually you'll catch up from your developmental delay and understand where he is coming from. It just takes time.

I saw this comming

spent 2 hours facing nothing but pre-mades gloating and laughing about facerolling pugs and all I had to say to them was "enjoy your 45 mins to a hour WF pops"

as John "Hannibal" Smith would say
    1.3 Broke Queue's for Premade groups-hannibal_a-team.jpg

"I love it when a plan comes together."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast