+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How should I PvP?

Default How should I PvP?

I've asked this before but didn't get a good answer. I've been told mouse clicking and keyboard turing is not the most effective way to PvP, but how else should I do it?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I've asked this before but didn't get a good answer. I've been told mouse clicking and keyboard turing is not the most effective way to PvP, but how else should I do it?
    Don't use your left and right movement keypads.

Use forward and mouse to clicking to move.

You can still use left and right movement keypads whilst using mouse to move around, helps with strafing.

Practice makes perfect because using your keypad to move decreases mobility and is slower.

Or you could practice just using your mouse to move in all directions having only your keyboard for spells and abilities and all the other stuff only.

Just means you have to ( depending on mouse ) press both mouse buttons left & right to move whilst moving your mouse around in the direction you want to go and releasing the left button to stop moving. Takes practice but it works out to be very effective.

For example, I have removed the movement bindings for the buttons Q, E, A and D and replaced them with spells and abilities instead only leaving me W and S for forward and backwards.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 06-22-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Just some things I do:

Re-Bind your abilities to keys around your left hand.

Learn how to move around with only your mouse. (holding both left and right click will run, then you steer around with the mouse)

Learn how to combine mouse + strafe keys to circle around someone.

Learn how to use modifiers (shift/control + keybind)

Never backpedal 's'

Move your unit frames down to another part of your screen so you don't have to look away from the action to see bars.

Takes a while to master. Might as well start now.

Thanks for the help guys. I have a mouse with two extra buttons, so my main macros are bound there. But the rest are on my keyboard
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Cause I have a gaming mouse?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread