+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Break free Broken...

Default Break free Broken...

squirrel and fear ive noticed so far.
    Aurrek..increased damage.

Same for me... break free not working. Doesn't even seem to register I hit it at all.

Guardian of Kindred Spirits on the Greybriar Shard - It's in the player!

Plane Walker

Be sure to report it in game as well.

I usually have to spam it before it will work (2 seconds). Seems to happen in particular right after a rogue pops me for the gib-lock
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-22-2011 at 04:25 PM.

On one hand...well, yeah - after they broke the 1.2 patch with HF #1 (and did not fix any of it through six more HFs before 1.2.1...nor through the five HFs that came after 1.2.1 leading up to 1.3)...

...not really surprised.

I'm working on my second recover trying to resolve other issues. Only did a couple of WFs before that, but things were off enough...

...bah, patch day - dookie happens. Maybe they will fix it by patch 9001...eh?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

We've identified the issue and are working on a solution. Should be out in the next available Hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    We've identified the issue and are working on a solution. Should be out in the next available Hotfix.
    Thanks for the quick response!

Rift Disciple

Break free is still working for stun. I had a rogue break free from my assassin stun like 20 mins ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Would this be the issues that were identified with Hot Fix #1 after patch 1.2?

Because we identified those issues as soon as Hot Fix #1 landed after patch 1.2.

Then HF#2...nothing.
    Then HF#3...nothing.
    Then HF#4...nothing.
    Then HF#5...nothing.
    Then HF#6...nothing.
    Then HF#7...nothing.
    Then patch 1.2.1...nothing.
    Then HF#1...nothing.
    Then HF#2...nothing.
    Then HF#3...nothing.
    Then HF#4...nothing.
    Then HF#5...nothing.
    Then patch 1.3...nothing in the patch notes.

On my second recover, but I guess I will see if the alternate "Break Free" abilities work for the items that they are supposed to work for based on the 1.2 notes - see if Break Free actually removes all CC on you (ex. Rooted and Silenced, might only remove Silence) - see if 50% DR/Immune actually works (as opposed to the second CC sometimes lasting even longer than the first) - and see if Break Free gives the 5s of immunity.

Is that what this "Hot Fix" is going to address finally...?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    On my second recover, but I guess I will see if the alternate "Break Free" abilities work for the items that they are supposed to work for based on the 1.2 notes - see if Break Free actually removes all CC on you (ex. Rooted and Silenced, might only remove Silence) - see if 50% DR/Immune actually works (as opposed to the second CC sometimes lasting even longer than the first) - and see if Break Free gives the 5s of immunity.

Is that what this "Hot Fix" is going to address finally...?
    I'll help you clear this up.

No DR is still broken.

Mez'd, that got broke by damage almost instantly, jumped off ledge at codex, bullrushed, broke that with ruthless pursuit, was only the root not the stun obviously. I bullrush a warrior that was on our healer, feared, awesome fear pathing ran me straight at a MM that was firing on me, popped my RLtW started to rush him, got in melee and got hit with repelling shot, landed from the knockback and a Sin opened up on me and landed a foul play after his jagged strike.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the wonderful world of DR...shouldn't I have been immune at SOME point during those 12-15 seconds?

Also what issues are you having with that you are trying to fix via recovery? I know I'm having a fun one, it's making rounded buildings from Sanctum appear in random spots around the world and in WF's. Just the visual texture, no actual LoS blocking, or movement impairment.

Cheers.
    PvE vs PvP gear. Solution: Equal gear, for Equal time invested.

I just accidentally started a thread about this..yea fear is ****ed. so is breakfree.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    Also what issues are you having with that you are trying to fix via recovery? I know I'm having a fun one, it's making rounded buildings from Sanctum appear in random spots around the world and in WF's. Just the visual texture, no actual LoS blocking, or movement impairment.

Cheers.
    Yeah, I've got the entrance to a building appearing randomly in the world and in WFs. Just the texture - sometimes a single facing, sometimes the 3/4 view. Does not block movement nor LoS - just a visual distraction.

After 1.12, the prelude to 1.2 - I started having artifacts in Codex - sometimes a recover would fix it (sometimes not) - so I decided to try a recover. The first appeared to help. Then after playing some more - it got worse... so I decided to do another. Have not been back in since - I said screw it for the evening.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread