+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Quests on a PvE Shard

Default PvP Quests on a PvE Shard

Some of the pvp quests are not pvp quests at all.

Examples:

Go to Stillmore & collect flowers. The quest doesn't make you auto flag & neither does it auto flag when you pick the flower.

Go to Stillmore & kill 18 Firebrand hounds. Same thing, the quest nor the quest objective make you auto flag.

May I suggest changing this please?

I know I know; join a PvP server. I might, but that doesn't change the fact this is kinda lame.

I would also like to know if this succeeded in bringing ppl out on the PvP servers or whether the majority still don't venture into high PvP areas. Too soon to tell probably, but worth watching.

Rift Disciple

Have yet to hit stillmore to check out if fights are going on but based on what's happening in SS, I'd say pvp will happen.

On both briarcliff and dayblind, plenty of action over the event quest areas in SS. Competition for the quest clickies has brought out the action it seems.

Shield of Telara

What they need to do for PvP quests is remove the non PvP garbage like picking up items from the ground and what not.

Make them where they have to kill the opposing faction in a certain area or faction zone. Make it a decent number. Make it so you cannot kill the same player over and over to abuse quests which I am sure people will do. Give a fair amount of favor and if level 50 good amount of prestige to make it beneficial.

If they do have to obtain items, make it so the faction has to enter the opposing factions zone to collect it so it's more of a risk.

The closer to the main capital the higher the rewards.

Pretty stupid. Can get a free 1875 favor, 3600 prestige and 1.5 p doing these unmolested on PvE. They should flag you when you accept them.

Shield of Telara

Not only flag you but every time you do a PvP action increase the timer.

Atm I think it's like 5 minutes or something.. Should increase by 5 minutes per PvP action.

Example, you kill a Defiant NPC, you get flagged for 5 minutes, you kill another within a minute it adds 5 minutes on top which = 9 minutes and so forth.

Who wants to pvp around 100 mobs of npcs?
    We get that enough in PS.

I do understand it will bring people to that area, but decrease the mob concentration! I play to PvP not get attacked by NPC's.

And then wait for the hounds/flowers to spawn....not FUN.

Couldn't we have battled for Flags/Nodes in different zones and try to hold them for 10 minutes, or collect coins from the opposite faction once killed? Anything but this pve focused snore fest.
    Last edited by Horsesock; 06-22-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Trion just duped a bunch of pvpers into daily pve quest grinding and called it open world pvp.

Soulwalker

idk on tearfall there was a decent amount of pvp going on in stillmore i personally liked the quests for at least today and with both factions actively doing them, if people keep doing these long term i would certainly be ok with it

Plane Touched

I've never been one to say they should seperate pvp and pve servers in battlegroups, but this is BS if some pve noob can grind up to p6 by NOT pvping and hop into my battlegroup.

either autoflag anyone in the pvp dailies area or stillmore or remove these from pve servers or something. bs
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

+ Reply to Thread