+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Loving 1.3

Default Loving 1.3

Great work as far as i can tell pvp seems pretty good atm.
    although i have only played 3 wfs :P
    but so far so good

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Great work as far as i can tell pvp seems pretty good atm.
    although i have only played 3 wfs :P
    but so far so good
    the world pvp dailies seem like a great idea. theres pvp essences, pvp sourcestones, pvp potions n stuff you can dump favor on.

looks great so far. I've only done 1 wf though so not sure how the class mechanics are. I'd screwing around on 51 warlock 5 archmage 10 chloro atm.

Dot dmg is definatly way up.
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

Plane Touched

As soon as the griefers find the right specs, these forums are going to explode. Count on it.
    Imasu@randomshard

I was expecting alot more warrior qq by now tbh.

Did everyone go straight for raiding or what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by abr4 View Post

People are chasing butterflies in the various zones playing around with World Events...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Hmmm I see, might actually do the same once I've got my specs setup, just to get a feel how they play in 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by abr4 View Post

Honestly the first thing I did was respect the warrior and try him out.

While I must admit not having the bonus damage from SLI on follow ups, the other damage was all very solid using nearly the same build as before.

Spec I tried still needs to be tweaked around some, but I found that running around with a static 220% damage output at all times, was far outweighting having SLI, and trying to keep it up and pacts at the same time.

Overall damage seems to be a bit lower than before, but I suspect that has to do with not having the massive bonus to followups from SLI on top of the increased ciritical follow up damage. For the most part I don't see that they have much to QQ about, unless they enjoyed being stuck in that one build and having zero flexibility.

On a seperate note I saw one of the lamest things I have ever seen in a WF before...

I'm sure it's been possible, but I had never seen it done before. Some MM targeted a fresh 50 clothie of some sort on my team, fired off strafe and immediately ducked behind a tree and stayed out of LoS til the poor mage died. MM wasn't even being attacked as best as I could tell, just LoS'd himself so he could sit out of view and spam his strafe, all you could see was a steady stream of yellowish glowing arrows flying out of the middle of the tree and large chunks of the poor mages health bar being stripped away.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-22-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    PvE vs PvP gear. Solution: Equal gear, for Equal time invested.

Rift Master

Everyone knew line-of-sight wasn't breaking strafe. They reported it. Trion didn't care. They screwed mage and cleric channels, though.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    Everyone knew line-of-sight wasn't breaking strafe. They reported it. Trion didn't care. They screwed mage and cleric channels, though.
    HAHA seriously?

I thought maybe they just rolled back the LoS change or some crap, instead they just decided to leave strafe able to work through LoS obsticles and went ahead and nerfed the clerics and mages?

F***ing awesome....

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-22-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Shadowlander

I'm a fan of the game but it feels like PvE was sacrificed on the Alter of PvP. In a few days the PvP audience is going to find more to complain about and the PvE audience will still have a less enjoyable game. Right now it feels like I'm playing Age of Conan again.

Quote Originally Posted by endless whistler View Post
    I'm a fan of the game but it feels like PvE was sacrificed on the Alter of PvP. In a few days the PvP audience is going to find more to complain about and the PvE audience will still have a less enjoyable game. Right now it feels like I'm playing Age of Conan again.
    You're acting like the PvE audience doesn't complain. Let's be honest, the PvP audience complains about 2 things: balance and lack of open world PvP. The PvE audience has over 9000 things to complain about, and they do.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Shield of Telara

I haven't been able to log on yet to see the new changes. Work ya know..

But let me get this straight, they fixed channeled spells for Mages and Clerics but have not fixed strafe or MM channels?

If that's the case then wow.. Just wow.

Strafe atm since patch 1.2 is stupid damage especially with the LoS issue and the amount of noob MM's abusing the bug was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by endless whistler View Post
    What exactly was nerfed in PvE because of PvP?

Cheers.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    I haven't been able to log on yet to see the new changes. Work ya know..

But let me get this straight, they fixed channeled spells for Mages and Clerics but have not fixed strafe or MM channels?
    Strafe functions a bit differently then standard channels and took some additional time to get cleaned up. We have it fixed internally and it'll make it out in a hotfix shortly.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Assassin/Nightblade rogues can now indefinitely prevent a group of 5-6 people from capping codex objectives because lost hope now interrupts interaction even after diminishing returns kick in (as long as the targets are not in combat)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast