+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Players Exploiting Geometry in Port Scion WF

Rift Disciple

Default Players Exploiting Geometry in Port Scion WF

First off, I never check these forum, so I do not know if this is something new or something that has been around for a while.

In the past few days I have noticed several players running into/thru walls near the bridge in Port Scion and spamming AoEs/ranged attacks even though they are out of LoS. I reported both players, but havent gotten any response. Anyone else seen this happen?

Shadowlander

I've dc'd to come back with no buildings there and was able to run anywhere i wanted. Was just that one time that bugged out.

been reported..there's a house near bridge players can run into with shard and stand untouched only by aoes (and you have to have two aoers to catch them at either corner)

Mages can stand below bridge and aoe bridge from below.

Wait til you see rogues in Codex hanging from scaffolding above Defiant bridge..or flying thru the sky above vault from one side to the other to avoid los.

It's getting tiring. If not the constant mage respecs this will be why I ultimately give up and unsubscribe.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Ascendant

yep they also go there to afk

Rift Master

As far as i know what you are referring to are graphics glitches. And are not manufactured by the player, just somewhat rare occurrences. Once they get the glitch they will have it for the whole WF, they basically do not see the obstacles on their screen. It happens in other WFs as well. Perhaps some players may have found a way to force the graphics glitch? Im not sure, but I dont notice it much.

well forced or not if they use the glitch to their advantage..its' exploitation. Ive seen a guy On our side and a cleric on the other side run to that very same house with shard and then magically are able to get free when their health is low.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

As Mayor I own 3 houses in Port Scion.

One is near the church where I can get in along the outer most wall near the western ramp, I can use this with my Riftstalker to see who's in the church (the walls are all invisible from that side) and time my recall to get in and grab sourcestone.

I also own one near the walkway up to the Guardian raid boss, I can't do anything but hide inside it, but it's a nifty little home.

There's also the one you guys are talking about near the Planar Capacitor on the way to the bridge, that one's super easy to enter, just walk right in through the south west corner.

I've reported these houses many times and /yell announced that I was using them, even did an RP Dance Party with other players in them a few times. It never gets fixed.

Telaran

Most of those people are the devs for the game. They use all the exploits in the game against those of us who actually pay to play.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    As Mayor I own 3 houses in Port Scion.
    Why do you live under the bridge then?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Touched

It's not just those three locations anymore for me... im finding that if I hump corners of building (almost anywhere and not just in port scion) I will run straight into the building and cannot get back out. Looks like the geometry coding is starting to **** the bed.

The best thing is you get one "I'm Stuck" per 24 hours.. lol.
    Imasu@randomshard

+ Reply to Thread