+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did they "fix" 50s killing greys on PvP servers?

Default Did they "fix" 50s killing greys on PvP servers?

So did anyone ever fix level cap players jacking lowbie questers for the luls on PvP servers? Working as intended?

Ascendant

grey lvl players or mobs? well they can kill either. as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    So did anyone ever fix level cap players jacking lowbie questers for the luls on PvP servers? Working as intended?
    ummm.. yeah.... welcome to PvP servers. Play PvE if you don't want to get ganked.

Outside of Freemarch/Silverwood... if you are on a PvP shard - PvP can happen.

Heck, even in Freemarch/Silverwood - if you decide to flag yourself - PvP can happen.

1.3 is offering Free Character Transfers.

Tada - you can move to a PvE shard to level up - move to a PvP shard when that is done...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    grey lvl players or mobs? well they can kill either. as intended.
    Grey players, you get a group of red con PvPers in Gloamwood on the pvp shards and its not a lot of fun. You have no chance to kill them but they can keep you shutdown for as long as they want. I gave up on questing alltogether and just WF level my toons on Deepstrike and Regulos. Not gonna let some scrub 50 farm me.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Outside of Freemarch/Silverwood... if you are on a PvP shard - PvP can happen.

Heck, even in Freemarch/Silverwood - if you decide to flag yourself - PvP can happen.

1.3 is offering Free Character Transfers.

Tada - you can move to a PvE shard to level up - move to a PvP shard when that is done...
    Yeah but I think its a limited transfer to where they want you to go to. Also, having say an eight level cap for attackability would make openworld mid tiers pvp fun and a lot more aproachable for people.

as has been repeatedly stated in every single thread that mentions 50s ganking lowbies....

there are achievements for killing opposing realm players in their 3 controlled zones. (stonefield/freemarch/meridian - gloamwood/silverwood/sanctum). 50 players in each zone.

you WILL find lvl 50 defiants in gloamwood. you WILL find lvl 50 guardians in stonefield. some will kill you once, then ignore you. some will camp you until you rage. some will occasionaly help you complete quests!

QQ all you like, if its a pvp server, its not only permitted by trion, its encouraged!

shoulda rolled pve noob *licks sucker walks away*
    And the little Warrior said to the little Mage "One day I'm going to grow up to be a fierce dual wielding Paragon and people will run in fear because I'll be so Intimidating in Battle" The Mage looked at the little Warrior and said "Ya well, I'm going to be a Pyromancer" and that was that.
    \(Q_Q)/ <---sad paragon

This is one of the many reasons why I wish we had a FFA server, so there'd be none of this Red vs Blue faction immunity for gankers.

hell ya sandbox style like Tera will be....Rift will have to seriously compete for my money with Tera once that comes out.(not saying they should cater to me just that it draws the attention of PvPers like myself and half my guild)
    And the little Warrior said to the little Mage "One day I'm going to grow up to be a fierce dual wielding Paragon and people will run in fear because I'll be so Intimidating in Battle" The Mage looked at the little Warrior and said "Ya well, I'm going to be a Pyromancer" and that was that.
    \(Q_Q)/ <---sad paragon

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tisch View Post
    hell ya sandbox style like Tera will be....Rift will have to seriously compete for my money with Tera once that comes out.(not saying they should cater to me just that it draws the attention of PvPers like myself and half my guild)
    Sandbox where you have to buy an item to be able to kill them....

Ascendant

Yes they fixed it.

With the new patch 1.3 lvl 50 players will have access to new and more powerful gear with the release of Hammerknell. This should remove any problems one had before with killing players >10 levels below them.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Yeah but I think its a limited transfer to where they want you to go to. Also, having say an eight level cap for attackability would make openworld mid tiers pvp fun and a lot more aproachable for people.
    Should check out the destination threads:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-for-Guardians

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ds-for-Defiant

Definitely surprising how many there are...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Sandbox where you have to buy an item to be able to kill them....
    By item, do you mean a weapon? Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tisch View Post
    Yeah, pretty much all of my PvP friends have already left this game expressing their dissatisfaction with Trion and Rift and asking me to let them know if things improve before I leave. A lot of people are currently thinking about leaving, at this rate it won't be long until the only people even playing Rift are those who never played an MMO before WoW and PvE'rs.

+ Reply to Thread