+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favor Confusion

Question Favor Confusion

Just started really getting into the Warfronts recently. I figured the favor calculations had some logical formula behind them, but this recent result chart has me wondering what that logic is.

I had top DMG, top Heals, matched highest # of kills, matched highest # of KB's, and medium number of deaths.

I was hoping someone could tell me why I recieved the 2nd lowest favor reward in this match.

I mean, players who did less damage, healing, less kills and died more got more favor than I did...just seems odd. But maybe there's a variable I'm missing here.

Thanks for any feedback.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...ft/wfquest.jpg

Rift Master

Dmg, dmg taken, killing blows, healing done, healing received all contribute NOTHING to how much favor you get. The ONLY Factor is total number of kills.

I take it you are not level 50, so Im pretty sure the difference in favor gain is determined by your level. The lower your level the lower the amount of favor you can obtain( i believe).

Oops, meant 1 kill below top KB's. I was at 10 with a few others while a couple had 11.

But that still doesn't account for being at the bottom of the favor ladder.

well there's the guild buff....+9% favor received..There's also turning ward stone trophies in Scion near the boss..turn in 20 get approx 1800 extra favor.

I think your receive more favor if you kill someone closer to your rank?..maybe not.

Don't know about Favor for killing NPCs in Scion.

Uhm as a mage I followed a tank once and found that I received more favor by simply being 'in and around " the fighting more.

These are all Hypothetical except for the buff and trophy thing.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Dmg, dmg taken, killing blows, healing done, healing received all contribute NOTHING to how much favor you get. The ONLY Factor is total number of kills.

I take it you are not level 50, so Im pretty sure the difference in favor gain is determined by your level. The lower your level the lower the amount of favor you can obtain( i believe).
    That's what I was wondering, I was 38 or 39 in this wf, so yeah top end of the bracket.

Good to know all that hard work healing and hurting got me nothing lol. But I can see the level diff being the case, and I kind of agree with it, except that in the end I did contribute more to the win that some who got more rewards... but I guess that was me at some point, and will be again when I start at the bottom the 40 bracket.

thx for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    well there's the guild buff....+9% favor received..There's also turning ward stone trophies in Scion near the boss..turn in 20 get approx 1800 extra favor.

I think your receive more favor if you kill someone closer to your rank?..maybe not.

Don't know about Favor for killing NPCs in Scion.

Uhm as a mage I followed a tank once and found that I received more favor by simply being 'in and around " the fighting more.

These are all Hypothetical except for the buff and trophy thing.
    I do get the guild buff, but that 9% probably didn't make too much of a difference if my favor was level based.

all making sense now
    Last edited by Carcius; 06-22-2011 at 12:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread