+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bunny Hopping for the noob PvPer

Quote Originally Posted by Freida View Post
    It was a known bug. Some will troll and come in to say it's a collective figment of imagination from thousands of players and that those who claim such a bug existed need to learn to play.

But I dunno. Going by the patch notes, it seems the developers themselves agree the bug existed and that they managed to fix it.

I'll tell you what is more likely. These same trolls probably never played their melee souls in pvp. Maybe when they were leveling, they got jumped once or twice and never saw the bug manifest and so to them we must all be lying.

The issue was not with the fact people jump when they pvp. People do that in all pvp games that allow jumping.

The issue was when you jump in this game, it sometimes triggered an out of range bug which prevented melee abilities from landing.

People were saying it was only an exploit or meant to annoy people. I never saw the exploit but I will say that it was there because someone quoted the devs and I read that. But to think it is only an exploit or only to annoy is just not true, its a way to cast when a low lying object blocks LoS. Though admittedly it does at first glance look like a jump equivalent of T-bagging.

Rift Disciple

I don't know how observant you are as a player. But when I was still grinding my way to rank six on my rogue (sin/infil spec), it can be quite obvious who are the ones who knew of the bug and were exploiting it.

These guys don't normally bunny hop, but the second they find a melee wailing on them they start to jump like rabbits on crack.

You get the players who jump by default. They are always jumping no matter what. For some it's a way of taunting the opposition. Others just like jumping period. Then you have the guys who do this for LOS. Or to throw off an opponent.

All of the above are fine and part of the game. But to the guys who were knowingly exploiting this bug to gain an advantage, 1.3 fixes that.

I also play a mage in pvp and I can tell you, I abused the hell out of this bug. It was a much needed fix.

Plane Touched

I don't know how observant you are as a player. But when I was still grinding my way to rank six on my rogue (sin/infil spec), it can be quite obvious who are the ones who knew of the bug and were exploiting it.

These guys don't normally bunny hop, but the second they find a melee wailing on them they start to jump like rabbits on crack.

You get the players who jump by default. They are always jumping no matter what. For some it's a way of taunting the opposition. Others just like jumping period. Then you have the guys who do this for LOS. Or to throw off an opponent.

All of the above are fine and part of the game. But to the guys who were knowingly exploiting this bug to gain an advantage, 1.3 fixes that.

I also play a mage in pvp and I can tell you, I abused the hell out of this bug. It was a much needed fix.
    QFT

I used to abuse this as well, you were stupid not too. It also helps that jumping is a huge carryover from my days of healing in wow as a resto druid. Nothing to do but roll hots and jump around like i'm ****ing ******ed.
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

I play chloro or bard in WFs, and spam target to find someone to heal off of. I probably miss it because the moment something doesn't cast I am looking for a new target. Also could be not too many people knew about it in the mid tiers. The mid tiers in EQ2 were filled with leveling players unaware of all the things you could do, guessing its the same here. My highest toon is 48, the rest are in their 30s. Don't get me wrong, if people were using it to avoid attacks its BS and they should be disciplined and the fix made. I am speaking strictly about terrain, tactics and LoS. Thats what I love and keeps me coming back. Cheaters can go hang.

Soulwalker

Don't play American MMOs, issue solved.

The biggest problem is the fact that you can jump, spin in mid air and fire off your insta cast skill and then land where your facing and keep running without losing speed.

What this means is that you essentially can shoot out of your *** by jumping around like a fool, I have kited rouges, other warriors / soloed elite mobs without getting hit on my riftblade warrior spec.

The biggest class that can take advantage of this are marksman and rangers obviously, sit in town and watch some high level duels, lolz.

The last class that can benefit from this are mages, simply because many of their rotations include spells with cast time, even if its like 1 second.

Then there are people that just jump around while they are trying to "live" -> walk after them an lol real hard while they essentially just bend over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2