+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp needs variety not the same old crap.

Soulwalker

Default Pvp needs variety not the same old crap.

Endlessly grinding out favor for a few items is a complete waste of time in my honest opinion.... Players with more time get better gear which in turn makes them better players? Yeaaaaaa thats stupid. Go back to individualized abilities that give slight advantages for specific things. Such as Survivibility or mobility or any number of other things that can make you character stronger against certain things. Items that make u better against everyone makes it extremely boring. People want to make their characters unique, not have to use the cookie cutter method to maximize your "skills". If anyone needs an example, look at old school Dark Age of Camelot.
    In that game a stealther could absolutely pillage a caster, unless the caster had realm abilities that made him survivable to melee damage, which in turn weakened his damage. Glass cannons actually EXISTED. Group battles were long.. we're talking an 8v8 encounter taking over 15-20 minutes. Games these days all rever to the same old honor grind that was WoW. Your character dies in a few seconds with 3 people on them... there is no timing or slams and stuns and coordination of attacks. its just everyone kills the healers while button mashing.... and once the healer is dead(in 3 seconds) they have to respawn (takes time) and run back(takes time). All of this takes away from the actual player versus player aspect.
    Basically I am saying that pvp is dying in video games. I wish a respectable creator would go back and look at pvp before it became WoWs system. Make a game that is primarily pvp not pve. The amount of people that would play a pvp heavy game is startling.(btw pvp heavy is world pvp, pvp encounters, dungeons earned through pvp, and abilities and skills earned from pvp.) There needs to be a base system to get gear. Crafting and pve dungeons should suffice for getting gear.
    ANYWAY im done ranting...

Naeb.

Rift Master

I miss DAoC too, if only the population didnt fall so much from an aging game.

Agreed. Where is the art in design anymore. Its all about jumping on the fotm game design and harvesting our cash. We obviously are going to buy the garbage games, but imagine how well a game as polished as this would do with a little more creativity.
    Last edited by Deadskin; 06-22-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Plane Touched

I wish they could come up with some new ideal's all the wf's are exactly like the one's in older games. And a objective pvp open world zone would be nice.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

+ Reply to Thread