+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Valor Penetration!

Soulwalker

Default Valor Penetration!

Hello everyone! I know that an offensive stat for pvp has been suggested, and I have suggested it myself. But has anyone suggested Valor Penetration for pvp weapons?

This would actually make the pvp weapons suited for pvp and so that way pve weapons (crazy epics and relics from raids) wont have huge advantages when used in pvp.

Not only implimenting this will bring back PvP to being back on even grounds how it was before valor was added, but adding this will not even be a hindrance towards entry level pvpers as well. Because if they have no valor, then valor penetration wouldnt even matter! This goes hand in hand with another positive, and that is that beginner pvp players now have access to not only valor but a form of valor penetration upon obtaining entry level pvp weapons, and they stand more of a chance against the middle to high end prestige rankers.

Also, this will offset the healing problem in pvp (I hope no one will keep saying to focus fire. Because even that sometimes cannot stop 2-3 P6 clerics healing each other and everyone else along with them >_<). But yeah, Valor and Heals go hand in hand SO well. So in order to offset that, maybe a new offensive stat could be valor penetration on the pvp weapons for all of the offensive players, rather than having only valor, as the players that gets the most benefit from it are defensive/healer type players.

Maybe have entry level pvp weapons with 5% valor penetration for 1handers, 10% for 2handers. P4 weapons can have 10% for 1hand, 20% for 2hand. And P6 weapons can have 15% for 1hand and 30% for 2hand. Or something like this, I dunno trion you figure something out!

But yeahs, when I give more thought to this, I still really believe that it could be a great balance because when Valor was added, it was added to fight off against PvE players/raiders coming into PvP and destroying everyone. We didn't need valor in the first place, but I agree with trion that we do need it to fight off the PvE players/raiders. Now putting in valor penetration on pvp weapons would bring that pre-valor pvp game back to level, and it would still keep it in the boundaries where PvE players can't just walk in and expect to dominate.

I guess the only negative I can see from this is that you will have to work your way up to P6 to be on real even grounds. But aren't we already doing that anyways? Lol =] Lets just make things more ironed out in the process!

Anyone think there are anymore benefits to this? And/or could this cause any new negative problems? Are you for it or against it?

People still havn't figured out that damage in PvP was too high to begin with, so they either had to reduce damage across the board, or create a stat on PvP gear to reduce damage. Unfortuantely Trion chose to use gear.

So why in the hell would they put something in, to change the time to kill again?

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Rift Master

A possible negative effect would be..

PvE armor has better stats for the most part, thus making PvE armor better for PvP depending on how much the weapons penetrate. Also arent they giving basically half the valor you can get for free just for hititng 50 with this patch? (or did they change that) So it infact WOULD hurt the players that arent geared.

Rift Master

I do think something needs to be done to make R6 weapons more attractive for pvp.. currently they are terrible in comparison to pve weapons.

Perhaps something similar to artifacts in DAoC, where they gain levels. Make the levels gained from PvP kills, and not make them HUGE bonuses when they level, but make it worth using the rank 6 weapons in pvp.
    Last edited by Nooblet; 06-22-2011 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread