+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mage Changes WTF??

Soulwalker

Default Mage Changes WTF??

First it was the we were underpowered before the first balance patch *which i can say we were not*
    Then it was we were OP after the patch *which we were a bit*
    Then Pyro got nerfed and Rouges got uber buffed *which balanced out tremendously* and think pyro nerfage was a bit much.
    Now..... 20% reduction to our 2 main skills and putting global cooldown back on inferno which.... inferno was taken off global cooldown via the first balance patch.

Trion GJ you officially killed the pyro soul.

Chloromancer
    Maybe we were a little OP in healing before the first balance patches after those changes i felt that Chloro was 1 of the most fun/perfect souls for a mage. Now the changes are like wtf and why is this even needed. The reconstruction of this soul is really dumb and will cause a lot of problems im sure in the future.

I use to think you guys were doing a good job but now im SERIOUSLY questioning your competency and everything you guys have done recently is making me question whether to renew my subscriptions.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
    First it was the we were underpowered before the first balance patch *which i can say we were not*
    Then it was we were OP after the patch *which we were a bit*
    Then Pyro got nerfed and Rouges got uber buffed *which balanced out tremendously* and think pyro nerfage was a bit much.
    Now..... 20% reduction to our 2 main skills and putting global cooldown back on inferno which.... inferno was taken off global cooldown via the first balance patch.

Trion GJ you officially killed the pyro soul.

Chloromancer
    Maybe we were a little OP in healing before the first balance patches after those changes i felt that Chloro was 1 of the most fun/perfect souls for a mage. Now the changes are like wtf and why is this even needed. The reconstruction of this soul is really dumb and will cause a lot of problems im sure in the future.

I use to think you guys were doing a good job but now im SERIOUSLY questioning your competency and everything you guys have done recently is making me question whether to renew my subscriptions.
    The chloro changes make chloros a lot better in PvP...........DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    The chloro changes make chloros a lot better in PvP...........DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    And PvE where they'remost used DUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR? Could give a crap about chloro in pvp
    Last edited by TheHitman; 06-22-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
    And PvE where there most used DUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR? Could give a crap about chloro in pvp
    You are posting in the PvP and Warfront section, so why the **** are you griping about pve changes here? DUURRRRRRR, mages will still be very strong in 1.3.

Rift Disciple

TheHitman you is bad.

Poor pyros. Now you cannot 1-shot people anymore, it will take a whole 2 shots to kill them. (or 1 plus a toothpick throw)

Rift Disciple

*throws toothpicks *
    Last edited by Athaulf; 06-22-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaulf View Post
    *throws toothpicks *
    Mages can parry toothpicks, Rogues can dodge them, Warriors can block them, and Clerics are just plain immune to them...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

all this crying anyone actually played it yet?..I cant seem to get on.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Rift Disciple

seriously, I donīt hink that the nerf for the pyro is going to be that bad. My best fulminate crit was 3500
    and I still only have 850 sp. So fireball, fulminate, inferno shoulod still do the trick even with the damage reduced. Inferno no longer beiing of gcd is what bothers me but well.. again I donīt think itīs going to be that much of a prob.

how is this unbalanced? Just now it might take 1 more fireball to kill someone.
    You shouldn't be able to Fireball - > flame burst -> instant cinder burst -> inferno someone to death like what is happening now.
    I do that same rotation over and over in warfronts and drop people left and right. It's simply too much raw spike damage man. You can't out heal that. Rogue on other hand can be easily outhealed because of combo poitns. oh look a shield. 0 damage finisher

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    all this crying anyone actually played it yet?..I cant seem to get on.
    Played what? My launcher reverted back to the 1.2.1 HF#4 notes and is useless...

...following the "oh crap!" threads over in General has been amusing though.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Extended downtime because of corrupted patch data. We all knew this patch was corrupt from the start.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Plane Walker

I don't play a mage, but I don't like this change. Not because of the nerf itself (even though I hate nerfs), but that it sets a bad prescident of having abilities do different amounts of damage in PVE versus PVP. Slippery slope, mark my words (look out clerics, you're next).

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    I don't play a mage, but I don't like this change. Not because of the nerf itself (even though I hate nerfs), but that it sets a bad prescident of having abilities do different amounts of damage in PVE versus PVP. Slippery slope, mark my words (look out clerics, you're next).
    Slippery slope? AKA the best thing that could happen in PvP? Having PvP and PvE balanced independently of one another is the best solution possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast