+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New PVP changes

Ascendant

Default New PVP changes

* Interacting with objects in Warfronts (the Fang of Regulos, Sourcestone, Flags from the Codex) will now be interrupted when a hostile action is taken against a player under the effects of an Absorption shield, Damage Immunity, guarunteed Avoidance, or is under immunity to an effect due to diminishing returns. Hostile actions include damaging abilities, auto-attacks, stuns, interrupts, fears, mesmerize, and knockbacks. For Damage over Time effects, only the first tick will trigger an interruption on an object interaction.

hmmmmmm. Whitefall just got a whole lot more of a campfest, as did black garden with aoe spam in the center
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

What bad changes.

how are we suppose to cap whitefall now when 15 people are camping it and respawning right beside the flag
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    What bad changes.

how are we suppose to cap whitefall now when 15 people are camping it and respawning right beside the flag
    cant wait till we are at 90% then get waterjetted from 30 meters away and get an interrupt
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

ya this is ridiculous now im just gonna go Inquisitor and AOE the Fang/Bridge/Sourceshard.

No one will ever win a 50 BG the fang wont even be touched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Ascendant

honestly if a team cannot break through my 765dmg absorb, they do not DESERVE to stop me from picking it up.
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Telaran

Not sure what you guys are smoking, but this is obviously a great change. ;)

Gah! I wanted some of those immunes too.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

About time.

Can't believe you whiners in here.
    I carried way over 100 source stones already without any absorb or immunity ever used - must be ****ing magic right?

Ya well wait for a BG where no one can pick up the Fang because of all the AOE goin on its bad enough already.

The other WF's it won't be as bad but BG will just be cluster f*ck now.

Ascendant

It is funny people think with a bunch of people attacking them they should be able to cap things. That is dumb.

It is also funny that the same people think nothing will ever be capped.. As they sit there spamming AOES the other team will just be killing them and then cap the objective.

It is amazing some people here accomplish anything without essentially relying only on exploiting of mechanics to do so.

Rift Master

Ive grabbed a shard in Scion with 2 pve mobs on me and one player, without using any shields. There has always been somewhat of a delay, and actions not instantly stopping you from picking up a shard. I wonder if this changes that in any way, or if its still the same way. Capping using shields was never intended, if you think it was i just lol at you. You are pretty dumb if you think noone will cap anything in whitefall or BG. Infact only a select few WFs have i seen shields used to pick up shards or flags or whatever you want to call them.

Perhaps it was never intended to be so easy to pick up the WF objectives in the first place. I dont think it was ever intended to have someone in the middle of a fight between 10 of each faction, have some guy pop a shield pick up the flag and run off.

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    It is funny people think with a bunch of people attacking them they should be able to cap things. That is dumb.

It is also funny that the same people think nothing will ever be capped.. As they sit there spamming AOES the other team will just be killing them and then cap the objective.

It is amazing some people here accomplish anything without essentially relying only on exploiting of mechanics to do so.
    If its mechanics how is it exploiting. I don't take damage when my shield is up my spells aren't interrupted?? How is that an exploit. Yet rogues and warriors can use builds with speed boosts that can run the shard from one end of WFS to the other without anyone catching them isn't this an exploit than??

Pls explain how rogue and warrior mechanics with runspeed that no one can catch is anymore of an exploit than using my shields?? PLS
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 06-22-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Ive grabbed a shard in Scion with 2 pve mobs on me and one player, without using any shields. There has always been somewhat of a delay, and actions not instantly stopping you from picking up a shard. I wonder if this changes that in any way, or if its still the same way. Capping using shields was never intended, if you think it was i just lol at you. You are pretty dumb if you think noone will cap anything in whitefall or BG. Infact only a select few WFs have i seen shields used to pick up shards or flags or whatever you want to call them.

Perhaps it was never intended to be so easy to pick up the WF objectives in the first place. I dont think it was ever intended to have someone in the middle of a fight between 10 of each faction, have some guy pop a shield pick up the flag and run off.
    If your 10 guys can't break my 851pt absorption shield you are fail any interrupt works as well. With DR i can't even root a rogue or warrior in run speed spec.

Pls explain how thats not an exploit.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    What bad changes.

Kill the campers? People will now have to work harder and not use gimmick cool downs.

Should make for fun reading for the next few weeks.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Rift Master

The fact is... you can break the shield and still pick up the fang, because there is a delay in the time it takes to interrupt someone trying to cap a flag. You actually only need to delay about 1 second or perhaps less, then whether the shield is gone or not, you are going to cap it before you are interrupted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast