+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Encourage open world PvP fast

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Deadskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default Encourage open world PvP fast

    Dear Trion,
    Please, severely reduce the valor and prestige gained in warfronts. Drastically increase the rewards in open world. Have the rewards for killing players scale based on your pvp rank vs the rank of your enemies killed. Add lucrative pvp based quest objectives, and competitive PvP rifts.

    These changes would only need to be implemented on PvP shards. But don't forget to disallow transfers from PvE shards to PvP shards. Let the pve fans have their warfronts as they are now, but don't allow them to farm ranks on a pve shard then transfer to a pvp shard to shortcut the mechanic.

    I think this would be a quick fix until some legitimate pvp content can be developed. Personally I would like to see valor and prestige removed completely from warfronts but I'm sure the tears of qq would drown us all.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    World pvp does not work with a 2 faction set-up because of population balance. Your poorly thought out solution would create a huge problem and probably ruin pvp not make it better.

    The best solution is to create several huge static instance that allows equal numbers from each side to join. You are placed in the instance that would have the populatio best balance. You would have to wait 60 minutes after leaving an instance before you could join another different one..just to keep people from jumping instances and trying to create empty ones like they did in WoW.

  3. #3
    Champion Stratacaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Trion please don't do anything "fast." Take your time and make it right.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Deadskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    I like multi faction pvp as much as the other, but honestly 2 faction works fine. If you are zerged by population imbalance well, you just might have to step up your game. Improvise, adapt, overcome. Life is tough, even in a pvp mmo.

    I've dealt with zergs in plenty of games. Never really bothered me. Guerilla tactics trump all. I usually only see baddies limping around on the zerg crutch.

    It might be time to grow a pair.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ljiona View Post
    World pvp does not work with a 2 faction set-up because of population balance. Your poorly thought out solution would create a huge problem and probably ruin pvp not make it better.
    It doesn't not work, it is just harder to make work well.

    Is it as good as 3+ factions? No, but at least it's better than none at all.

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    643

    Default

    I dream of the day when Theres 5 man groups running around looking for oPvP fights against other 5man groups. A big problem however is that there is pve crap ALL over the place, there would be very few places that are ideal to fight at. There needs to be multiple locations that are ideal for oPvP, that are somewhat close to popular locations. However the ressurect location must be a good distance away, so you dont have players die, and get right back in the battle. Although i think they should remove force respawn, and allow ressurects to be performed while in pvp combat, however have like a 3+ second cast time, and maybe make it so that if anything attacks you during the cast it interupts it. Attempting to recover in a fight after multiple people die was some of the most fun fights in daoc imo, and adds more strategy to it. Maybe even add this ressurect in the cleric pvp soul.

    Currently too many players just sit in their main city and teleport directly to their instance. Making it hard to go out and find oPvP.

    So something needs to be done to promote oPvP, making the rewards higher may be ok, as long as its not WAY higher, something like a 15-20% increase is a good amount I think. But something else needs to be done, like make ideal locations for pvp to take place(not swamped with tons of pve mobs to get in the way). Use the pvp quests you are adding in as a way to get players to go in that direction, so players know theres going to be some action there, or around there.

    If they had a zone free of pve, that had a bunch of wardstones scattered throught it, that were part of the daily pvp quests, I think I would definitly roam through it and see if i can find some pvp. Even after completing the daily quests, players would still go there to kill the wardstones to get favor probably. I know thats what i did while waiting for WF pops. If there was players to kill there it would be a huge bonus, and if the area is done well enough, i think it could be a happy alternative for just joining WFs nonstop. Again though, the ressurect location cannot be TOO close or too far, that would be a big factor of whether people go or dont imo.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    Then the amount of world pvp that involves rogues in stealth ganking people would increase from 75% of open world pvp to 95%

    What benefit would this be other than to stealthed rogues??

    I agree that open world pvp needs a boost.. But to fix it they would have to scale back on other features such as removing auto teleport for LFG & dungeons (make people walk to them) and drastically reduce the power or duration of stealth..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple thecoffeeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post
    Trion please don't do anything "fast." Take your time and make it right.
    x100

    Keep up the good work Trion.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker INCEPTI0N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post
    Trion please don't do anything "fast." Take your time and make it right.
    QFT

    I'd rather it take a year to fully implement the changes rather than DP us with half thought out changes come 1.4

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Hopefully RvR will be implemented in an actual expansion vs small patch implemantations. I would love real RvR. With the game designed as it is at moment open RvR would be bad. Real premades (not the OMG its a premade we pretend we see) will rampage through open RvR destoying people in seconds.

    This is ok to a point except it will discourage new players effecting populations and therefore money for future development. Open RvR needs to be done right and overall PvP needs to continue to be adjusted/fixed.

    I would like to see open RvR (warhammer type concept) done right which means long develpment time. People can do RvR right now. Not hard to run to stillmoor or shimmersand and attack the raids doing rifts (pvp servers of course) Hit them once and bam, you have open RvR

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Deadskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Then the amount of world pvp that involves rogues in stealth ganking people would increase from 75% of open world pvp to 95%

    What benefit would this be other than to stealthed rogues??

    I agree that open world pvp needs a boost.. But to fix it they would have to scale back on other features such as removing auto teleport for LFG & dungeons (make people walk to them) and drastically reduce the power or duration of stealth..

    Here we go again. You are probably one of the people that goes to Vegas in July and then moans about the heat. Just xfer to a pve server. You are obviously doing it wrong.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadskin View Post
    Here we go again. You are probably one of the people that goes to Vegas in July and then moans about the heat. Just xfer to a pve server. You are obviously doing it wrong.
    You mean you don't have the 4-5 stealth rogue groups that just go around picking off solo players (and said rogues cannot be revealed by AOE etc)

    Any way you put it.. Stealth is the most overpowered survival utility in the game.. Its even worse that only 1 calling has it..

    I enjoy open world pvp.. But its pointless when your opponent is so cowardly that they only attack you when they outnumber you greatly and they have the absolute advantage (even more so when you really CANT kill them due to other abilities even if you get them to 10% or so)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    You mean you don't have the 4-5 stealth rogue groups that just go around picking off solo players (and said rogues cannot be revealed by AOE etc)

    Any way you put it.. Stealth is the most overpowered survival utility in the game.. Its even worse that only 1 calling has it..

    I enjoy open world pvp.. But its pointless when your opponent is so cowardly that they only attack you when they outnumber you greatly and they have the absolute advantage (even more so when you really CANT kill them due to other abilities even if you get them to 10% or so)
    I wish i had this on my shard.. oPvP is NONexistant. Infact, the other day i went roaming around trying to find ANYONE, it took over 2 hours to find a SINGLE enemy player, did not find anyone in stillmoor or shimmersand, it was actually a level 42 that i found in a lower zone.

    I do agree that AE not poping rogues out of stealth is a pretty poor design. And being able to enter combat and restealth midfight is another poor design.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Deadskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Ok, I can agree that "Slip Away" is a bit rediculous. But it is at the top of the tree at least. But that's an entirely off topic debate.

    The point here is that this game is nothing more than instance after instance. The hub cities are over crowded with the welfare crowd. There is absolutely no reason to not instance grind which makes this game another lobby game. This is an MMORPG, but in fact it's really an unnamed genre "MIOGG" or mostly instanced online gear grind. The logical solution is to take the carrot on the stick and make it point out into the open world. You should get little reward for sequestering yourself in mini games while pretending you are fighting an opposing faction. They might as well just mix both factions together in the warfronts and play shirts and skins. Cross server queing makes it even worse. You end up playing more with people on other servers than your own. If that's what this game boils down to, then why not just have one faction and a lobby where everyone sits around waiting on ques. Or just go the fps route and have guild run warfront servers.

    When I say they have to do something fast, some mistake my intention that they do something rushed. But as it stands there has been little if any communication from Trion on this topic. Give us something to grasp onto or put your money where your mouth is and shut down pvp servers so pvpers can stop wasting our time holding out hope for something that was all just a lie.

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadskin View Post
    Ok, I can agree that "Slip Away" is a bit rediculous. But it is at the top of the tree at least. But that's an entirely off topic debate.

    The point here is that this game is nothing more than instance after instance. The hub cities are over crowded with the welfare crowd. There is absolutely no reason to not instance grind which makes this game another lobby game. This is an MMORPG, but in fact it's really an unnamed genre "MIOGG" or mostly instanced online gear grind. The logical solution is to take the carrot on the stick and make it point out into the open world. You should get little reward for sequestering yourself in mini games while pretending you are fighting an opposing faction. They might as well just mix both factions together in the warfronts and play shirts and skins. Cross server queing makes it even worse. You end up playing more with people on other servers than your own. If that's what this game boils down to, then why not just have one faction and a lobby where everyone sits around waiting on ques. Or just go the fps route and have guild run warfront servers.

    When I say they have to do something fast, some mistake my intention that they do something rushed. But as it stands there has been little if any communication from Trion on this topic. Give us something to grasp onto or put your money where your mouth is and shut down pvp servers so pvpers can stop wasting our time holding out hope for something that was all just a lie.
    I agree 100% I just want some type of plan that they are working towards creating, what is their ideal situation for pvp. Perhaps they do now know.. Perhaps they are working on it currently, Perhaps they do not care about pvp at all. But PLEASE let us know that you are atleast working or thinking about something!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts