+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make PVP Gear Have the Same Stats

Rift Disciple

Default Make PVP Gear Have the Same Stats

If this were the case every QQ at this current state would be solved basically and make balancing easier. Trion would only have to worry about Balancing Skiills. And PVP skill will more than likely be the only factor.

People are gonna say this is an MMO and they want rewards for pvping. Yes there should be rewards/gear but only obtainable after certain feats and achievements which of course wouldn't be easy, but their stats would not be any different. People will know you have been pvping for a certain amount of time and worked hard to earn the gear and title but it shouldnt be where since he has rank 6 gear I have no chance even if my skill level is greater. If he is supposed to be better let his behind prove it and not because of gear. PVP is about wanting to pvp not to get t3 gear after killing a boss. Thats why many pvpers dont PVE.

Maybe in order to do this, PVP should be seperate from PVE? Make it where PVP system is set up to where PVP gear is used only in PVP and PVE in PVE? Or maybe have a Prime Open/instanced area where if you went in ONLY PVP was a viable option and when you are ported there, you have on your PVP gear and once you leave you have on PVE gear? Idk im givin random ideas here and taken some from other games.

*Gear in pvp should NEVER be the factor period.

AT rank 6 everything is boring until everyone else reaches higher ranks. I enjoyed p1-p5 because it gave me a challenge and you always thought you were going to die/lose if you 1v1 or were put in many situations but thats me and cant speak for others. But at rank 6 I like for everyone to know i am rank 6 or have accomplished a feat BUT NOT TAKE away the challenge and fun of PVP.

There are MMO's that do that and since Trion likes to incorporate other ideas from other games (WoW) why not PVP? Those pvp games are the most successful pvp games FOR THAT REASON alone.
    Last edited by shortysos7; 06-22-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Rift Disciple

You're missing the reality that a lot of people enjoy crushing people in PvP. They don't care if it is fair... or if you have spaghetti armor and they have steel.

If gear wasn't awarded in warfronts... they would go get the best gear from PvE. They would then take that gear and crush your *** while you wandered around roleplaying a forest ranger.

If they have spent time to get powerful - they want to enjoy the benefits of being powerful... not play to your notion of fairness.

you're definitely in the wrong genre with radical thoughts like these.

Also GW2 is implementing warfronts like what you mentioned. I bet people will still QQ in that game.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Typhaon View Post
    You're missing the reality that a lot of people enjoy crushing people in PvP. They don't care if it is fair... or if you have spaghetti armor and they have steel.

If gear wasn't awarded in warfronts... they would go get the best gear from PvE. They would then take that gear and crush your *** while you wandered around roleplaying a forest ranger.

If they have spent time to get powerful - they want to enjoy the benefits of being powerful... not play to your notion of fairness.
    U right about how people want to be powerful but that is only a select few. A lot of pvpers want a challenge and enjoy pvping. And i didnt say gear wouldnt be awarded? I said there would be rewards just eqaul stats and titles. Those who want to be better geared than a player arent really playing pvp. More like Gear Vs Player GvP. Gear does not always have an affect as skiill > gear but to an extent
    Last edited by shortysos7; 06-22-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    you're definitely in the wrong genre with radical thoughts like these.

Also GW2 is implementing warfronts like what you mentioned. I bet people will still QQ in that game.

Yea there will be qq but only about imbalanced skills which is less the hassle for trion and less then the QQ going on into Rift atm for both Gear/Premades/Imbalanced skills. And Im not wrong? There is no right and wrong to opnions especially one that has thought and logic to it

And any MMO willl always have QQ..... I never said it wouldnt? As long as you have human beings playing an MMO they qq over the littlest thing.
    Last edited by shortysos7; 06-22-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Typhaon View Post

And that's why rifts and wow's pvp are a huge joke and will continue to be and why people have no skill.

MMO's usually try to have pve/pvp gear differences - Valor or Resilience, which takes the place of another stat for a piece of gears stat budget. That crit you gain from that tier boss is nullified by the valor/resil that equally skilled player has. It's partially about playing the game you want to and playing the game the way that'll help you win.
    "Be careful, Preston. You're treading on my dreams."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    MMO's usually try to have pve/pvp gear differences - Valor or Resilience, which takes the place of another stat for a piece of gears stat budget. That crit you gain from that tier boss is nullified by the valor/resil that equally skilled player has. It's partially about playing the game you want to and playing the game the way that'll help you win.
    True but even with that you still have other stats (p1-p6) where stats still is the difference. I dont mind it in pve. Where you need the stats in order to take on tougher bosses. But pvp. Stats should never be an issues. Skills should awlays overshadow gear in pvp

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zehn View Post
    And that's why rifts and wow's pvp are a huge joke and will continue to be and why people have no skill.
    ty someone who understands

Rift Disciple

If you want this challenge I suggest developing a "PvP spec" set of gear for each soul combination which is easily attainable, say all crafted BoE items.

Find a bunch of like-minded players on both factions and re-roll somewhere.

Equip your PvP spec gear.

Have fun!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by codecow View Post
    If you want this challenge I suggest developing a "PvP spec" set of gear for each soul combination which is easily attainable, say all crafted BoE items.

Find a bunch of like-minded players on both factions and re-roll somewhere.

Equip your PvP spec gear.

Have fun!
    that made no sense but ok...

+ Reply to Thread