+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How i see the healer problem.

Shadowlander

Default How i see the healer problem.

As i see it, healing output isn't necessarily the problem, the bigger issue is that healers are able to do too much healing while being attacked.

I think that healers should need help from dps or other healers to stay alive.

The two ways to fix this are to A. decrease healing output while being constantly attacked, or B. to decrease healer survivability, honestly, i don't really care which.

Rift Master

Healing dominates PvP, no one likes that and makes for a negative gaming experience.

Warfronts are strategy based GROUP play scenarios and healers toady do not need to use strategy and much less group support to function.

Contrast healers to DPS and specifically DPS Warriors. Arguable, a DPS Warrior is the most group support reliant role -if you can call it a role- in the game today. By contrast healers are the least group support reliant role in the game today and specifically Healing Clerics with some PvP gear.

If healing Clerics went down easily enough so train the healer becomes the dominate PvP strategy that is wrong -wrong means negative gaming experience. If healing Clerics take so much to bring down to thew point the dominating strategy is stack them, that also is wrong.

Attack there resource, being mana. By attack I mean nurf! Lest se if 1.3 will put a dent in healing Clerics endless mana.

Don't come posting here YOU run out of mana and die in 2sec, you suck! Go PvP and see first hand what healing Clerics are doing.

Go see what a Justicar/Inquisitor hybrid is able to! A small number of them wiped a capital city clean against the elites and level 50 players! (Not pure healers but the have a healing soul and Justicar healing support for the group and self)

Clerics in PvP are insanely OP when you play the right spec(s) with other Clerics with you.

You see if you only view 1 Cleric in isolation, they are indeed balanced...The problem starts once they gather in numbers! Have 2, 3, 4 or 5 of those !@#$% together and you need GM powers to bring them down!

I don't know how you balance a game when a class is balanced but once you have multiple numbers of that class on the same side all hell breaks loose!

When I am healing most of it is instant cast. o.0 Everyone always interrupts my cast so I just made an instant cast heavy spec. o.0

Also I burn through mana pots, I don't care....I come to win.
    Last edited by syllent; 06-22-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I don't know how you balance a game when a class is balanced but once you have multiple numbers of that class on the same side all hell breaks loose!
    As a healer the more people I can heal the more I help out my team. The less people im forced to focus on the less effective I am and less impact on everything I have. Its the same for AE dps. Against one opponent they're sorta nerfed, but against a mass they're omg OP.

Give other roles more synergy to counter balance it. Synergy puts those who use it in another league all on their own and will cause soloist to complain but.. yeah this is an MMO so idk what to say.

Have a technique for tanks to boost the defense of their teammates around them. Like an aura.

Give a dps role the ability to boost the dps of those attacking their targets. For each person assisting, add +1%dmg etc.

My numbers are arbitrary but I bet these abilities are already in the game, just under utilized, and probably because no one focuses on them to get them tuned upwards to a level that they're useful. Instead the mentality is to nerf first, instead of bringing everyone else up to the same level. I understand its a cost/benefit issue and its cheaper to nerf one instead of bolstering 23 others, but im certain there are people out there capable of seeing the whole picture and developing with that in mind.
    Imasu@randomshard

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

You see if you only view 1 Cleric in isolation, they are indeed balanced...The problem starts once they gather in numbers! Have 2, 3, 4 or 5 of those !@#$% together and you need GM powers to bring them down!

This can be said for any class. And if there were 5 clerics nno only would they have to heal themselves they would also have to DPS. So now you have Clerics healing and dpsing while you just dps. Clerics and healing are not overpowered by their numbers Trion though DPS was too high that's why the DPS nerfs and no nerfs on heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by twurzz View Post
    As i see it, healing output isn't necessarily the problem, the bigger issue is that healers are able to do too much healing while being attacked.

I think that healers should need help from dps or other healers to stay alive.

The two ways to fix this are to A. decrease healing output while being constantly attacked, or B. to decrease healer survivability, honestly, i don't really care which.
    What problem, lots of skills to shut a healer down. Unfortunately most of the FPS player base chooses not to use them.

I think what you meant was the problem that all of the FPS pvp people are having playing the easiest game out there.

lol, you can shut down clerics with rouges and warriors np.

I've literally had rouges follow me around and not do any dmg to me, all they did was purge everything off me, then a warrior came up, 50pct ms and im done.
    Last edited by syllent; 06-22-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

man... people like yall clearly dont pvp enough.. ive gone into heavily stacked cleric warfronts and had no issue dominating them..

i myself play a cleric, and im currently 40k prestige from rank 5, i run with a group of rank 6 players, who only 1 out of the other 15-20 people i run with is a cleric, the others are warriors, rogues, and mages

when we run warfronts, im generally running as a dps... why you ask?

ever see a healer (( even with 4-5 other healers healing them )) survive the onslaught of 5 rank 4+ players?

sure, the inquis / justicar spec provides AoE heals, but have you ever seen it 1v1 against a warrior who is actually geared with a -50% heal debuff? we run around spamming self heals and after little more than 30-40 seconds we can die fairly easily.

The thing i notice alot in pvp, and the reason i think people think healers are so op is this

NEXT TIME you walk into a warfront, watch how many people use AOE abilitys.

What do you think is more effective? 400 dmg to everyone in the warfront (( which any healer, even a mage or rogue can outheal ))

OR !!!! 1500-2k dmg bursts on a single target

the problem isnt heals being over powered, its the player bases complete lack of knowledge when it comes to PVP. your AOE damaging abilitys do nothing, sure you top dps charts but honestly who cares.

the only stat that matters in warfronts is the amount of favor you have earned, because its the only stat that truely defines your contributions

killing blows means nothing, i can sit back let my tema dps someone down and nail the final shot
    total damage means nothing, anyone can cast weak AoEs in scion on the bridge and show 400K + dmg dealt
    healing means nothing, anyone can heal through those AoEs on the bridge and show 400k+ heals thrown
    kills means nothing, anyone who is alive gets credit for the kill
    damage taken means nothing, so you are getting focused with mad people healing you... congrats ur a beast

stop worrying about meters, learn to play, and stop complaining about omg healers are op. they arent. they really arent. and any healer claiming they are "godmode" is playing in a battlegroup of horrible players.

get over yourselves

The only problem with healers is that the FPS QQ League comes into an MMO, and they can't adapt, so rather than learn how to play a MMO, they'll cry to see if they can get it changed.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    The only problem with healers is that the FPS QQ League comes into an MMO, and they can't adapt, so rather than learn how to play a MMO, they'll cry to see if they can get it changed.
    What's a GCD?? *sarcasm*
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    I love how you and Notnice keep throwing around mention of FPS games as an insult to anyone who dares to suggest that the game isn't perfectly balanced.

Plane Walker

There needs to be DR for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiii View Post
    man... people like yall clearly dont pvp enough.. ive gone into heavily stacked cleric warfronts and had no issue dominating them..

i myself play a cleric, and im currently 40k prestige from rank 5, i run with a group of rank 6 players, who only 1 out of the other 15-20 people i run with is a cleric, the others are warriors, rogues, and mages

when we run warfronts, im generally running as a dps... why you ask?

ever see a healer (( even with 4-5 other healers healing them )) survive the onslaught of 5 rank 4+ players?

sure, the inquis / justicar spec provides AoE heals, but have you ever seen it 1v1 against a warrior who is actually geared with a -50% heal debuff? we run around spamming self heals and after little more than 30-40 seconds we can die fairly easily.

The thing i notice alot in pvp, and the reason i think people think healers are so op is this

NEXT TIME you walk into a warfront, watch how many people use AOE abilitys.

What do you think is more effective? 400 dmg to everyone in the warfront (( which any healer, even a mage or rogue can outheal ))

OR !!!! 1500-2k dmg bursts on a single target

the problem isnt heals being over powered, its the player bases complete lack of knowledge when it comes to PVP. your AOE damaging abilitys do nothing, sure you top dps charts but honestly who cares.

the only stat that matters in warfronts is the amount of favor you have earned, because its the only stat that truely defines your contributions

killing blows means nothing, i can sit back let my tema dps someone down and nail the final shot
    total damage means nothing, anyone can cast weak AoEs in scion on the bridge and show 400K + dmg dealt
    healing means nothing, anyone can heal through those AoEs on the bridge and show 400k+ heals thrown
    kills means nothing, anyone who is alive gets credit for the kill
    damage taken means nothing, so you are getting focused with mad people healing you... congrats ur a beast

stop worrying about meters, learn to play, and stop complaining about omg healers are op. they arent. they really arent. and any healer claiming they are "godmode" is playing in a battlegroup of horrible players.

get over yourselves
    Couldn't have written this better myself. If you can't kill healers you are doing something wrong. Simple as that.

+ Reply to Thread