+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favor Vs. Prestige

Soulwalker

Post Favor Vs. Prestige

It seems like the Favor:Prestige ratio is somewhat out of whack for lower ranks.

I am rank 3, about to hit rank 4, and I have limited myself to purchasing a single rank 3 item because of the favor cost. If I were to spend my remaining points on P3 items I would be unable to spend anything on rank 4 items when I reach it, and I still can't afford all the p3 upgrades.

It's kind of the same problem you see in lower level zones with planar vendors; by the time you can afford the planerite you're out of the level bracket. In this case though, by the time you can afford the gear for your rank you're getting ready to hit the next one.

It shouldn't be a disadvantage to actually buy the gear you've worked for.

It's all about the favor regardless what level you are. It took me till the launch of the game till 2-3 months ago to be level 6 and to be geared out.

Protip: Kill totems on your downtime you will receive tokens that give you favor. Keep on farming them and eventually you will earn favor in no time.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Soulwalker

I don't really have a lot of down time. I usually start queues immediately when I log on, and I spend the time waiting for the queues earning money for runes and potions and such. And this is where my complaint lies.

Even spending all of my time PvPing, I can't afford the PvP gear at my level until it is all ready become obsolete.

I know our battlegroup loses a lot at level 50, but even if it was winning at about 50-50, I would still be behind.

+ Reply to Thread