+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Sunrest - oPvP Compilation - And why you need to transfer here, the oPvP server.

Rift Disciple

Sunrest is horrible. There is not one premier pvp guild on the entire server. Its pretty much more carebare then pve.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessKC View Post
    Sunrest is horrible. There is not one premier pvp guild on the entire server. Its pretty much more carebare then pve.
    ^ Oh look, a troll.^

I bought Rift recently and after doing a little research regarding which servers had decent PvP on themI rolled a war on Sunrest. He is currently 48 and rising. This is my experience with PvP on Sunrest from a Defiant side lowbie point of view:

There is very little lowbie vs lowbie world PvP. I usually don't attack others doing the level grind, but I was attacked by people near my own level a few times and it was fun. Other than that about the only PvP I've encountered is from scrub level 50 rogues that run around ganking lowbies. There was one instance where 5 people (3 30-somethings and 2 50s) were running around wrecking lowbies by themselves or in groups of 2 in Droughtlands, and talking smack to them, but you're not going to avoid people like that anywhere. And it was just one occurrence. I'm sure it is worse on other PvP servers. I've been keeping a "must kill when I'm level 50 and have PvP gear" list, and I suppose there are about 15 names on it. And one guild name

I believe these guys are on to something when they say the RP-PvP tag turns the kids away. I haven't done a ton of grouping with people, but 99% of the ones I have were intelligent and articulate. 80% of the time the level 50's from Guardian side left me alone. One rogue jumped me and dotted me up...dots wore off and I told him he's gonna have to hit me again to finish me, he laughed and said something to the effect of "nah, no honor in it. We'll go at it another time." I can respect that. He stayed off my "must kill" list.

I've been the most surprised in Warfronts. Win or lose 90% of the people didn't resort to the "You guys suck so bad you're all terrible I'm so much better than you all" QQ remarks that has become so prevalent in WoW battlegrounds. There was only one instance of that happening thus far. And I've been happy with the win/loss ratio; I haven't been playing the game that long but Defiant side has been winning a lot of WFs. My record is better than 50/50 right now.

I've received several invites to guilds as well. There are quite a few active guilds on Defiant side that seem to be willing to take new players.

General chat in Meridian has been above average in intelligence as well. Another reflection of more mature players on the server.

Overall Sunrest has been a good experience. I think a mature, friendly player would not have a hard time finding like-minded people to play with here. Yes there are a few players with self-esteem issues and need to take it out on the little ones, but they are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sansa- View Post
    Your video sucked. If this is the best Sunrest can offer as an advert, we're in serious trouble.
    I linked a playlist,
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4