+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just had the most ridiculous wf

Default Just had the most ridiculous wf

Joined a wf on my 28 shamicar and omfg! 6/10 defiants were ****ing healers. Think I saw 4 healing clerics and 2 bards. Our team was doing 0 damage. Their 4 dps weren't too great against us either. The match was decided by who managed to take the fang the 1st, which were the defiants. Then we spent 10 minutes hitting our heads against a ****ing wall of facerolling healers, unable to kill the fang carrier.

Great game, Trion. Almost as fun as pulling teeth.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-21-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Prophet of Telara

how is it worse than 6 DPS 1-shotting you?
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

I joined a match at Port Scion where some guardian in /yell was talking about UO and DAoC, and practically a third of the warfront had stopped playing on both sides to reminisce about the good old days, chat about how fail the PvP in this game is, and talk about what MMO's we're planning on leaving Rift for.

Defiants won by 2 manning their Idol of the Gods towards the end.

It's really not a heal contest. One person getting heals can hold the fang for a lottle over a minute. Having 10 healers doesn't change that. If a person's getting focus fired and focus healer, they'll die between HoT ticks.

The bigger battle here is more one of who can pick up the fang. It's a contest of AoEs and interrupts vs damage shields.

ofc, sub 50 usually the whole team attacks a tank in the middle while the healer with the fang hides behind a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    I joined a match at Port Scion where some guardian in /yell was talking about UO and DAoC, and practically a third of the warfront had stopped playing on both sides to reminisce about the good old days, chat about how fail the PvP in this game is, and talk about what MMO's we're planning on leaving Rift for.

Defiants won by 2 manning their Idol of the Gods towards the end.
    I find that strangely amusing...

Cheers.
    PvE vs PvP gear. Solution: Equal gear, for Equal time invested.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    how is it worse than 6 DPS 1-shotting you?
    It isn't. My point has always been that far more players play DPS than heals. Why intentionally pizz off the majority of your playerbase (DPS) to placate such a tiny minority (heals). Doesn't make any sense in any business model except for RPG online games, it seems.

Healers have been, and always will be, the most effective and biggest trolls of online RPGs. They're magical in the way they wrap Devs up in the viewpoint that they need, no... deserve! ...so many crutches and built-in advantages because it's them, and their playstyle, that everyone in the MMORPG world wants and is waiting for.

It really isn't. They're really not that much more skilled because they chose <Healer> on the sign-on screen instead of <DPS>. Much like the Chloro/Lock I play now that never dies and runs around LoS mashing instants, it's just as much a brainless playstyle as "Fireball! Fireball! Fireball!".

The thing is, when most people think of "dragons" and "wizards" and "legendary warriors" they don't think of some dude in a white dress not letting anything die AT ALL. And most people that sign up for games like these don't expect, and really don't want, the focal point of games such as these to be some dude mashing instant HoTs and Bubbles jumping around thinking he's Captain Skill.

Nothing in a RPG PvP environment is "skillful". You're pressing keys on a keyboard. It's infuriating that healers always seem to get this Holier Than Art Thou attitude of "I chose an unpopular class. I must be skillful, otherwise I wouldn't. Therefore, don't kill me or don't make it possible for DPS to kill me. Just watch me jump around mashing instants and doing anything I want, or I'll just take my ball and go home."

The truth is, the game would be a better place without such self-entitled morons.
    Last edited by Stewy; 06-21-2011 at 01:42 PM.

I discovered that I have 5 different specs, and some of them are healing and some of them are DPS, and one is even a tank.

So now I'm confused. Should I become arrogant and entitled and holier-than-thou? Or should I become stupid and angry and make sweeping generalizations about character flaws based on arbitrarily defined group divisons? Or should I do both, and arrogantly and stupidly hate myself?

And tell me what my personality characteristics should be when I switch to my tank spec. You didn't cover that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    I discovered that I have 5 different specs, and some of them are healing and some of them are DPS, and one is even a tank.

So now I'm confused. Should I become arrogant and entitled and holier-than-thou? Or should I become stupid and angry and make sweeping generalizations about character flaws based on arbitrarily defined group divisons? Or should I do both, and arrogantly and stupidly hate myself?

And tell me what my personality characteristics should be when I switch to my tank spec. You didn't cover that one.
    No, you should rage at Trion for not making the queue system take into consideration the amount of healers/dps-ers queuing for a wf and not allow them to change spec once inside. Wfs dominated by healers where no one kills anyone are not fun at all.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    No, you should rage at Trion for not making the queue system take into consideration the amount of healers/dps-ers queuing for a wf and not allow them to change spec once inside. Wfs dominated by healers where no one kills anyone are not fun at all.
    I wouldnt want to play in WF's if I couldnt change specs after running into the enemy who tailormade their spec to roflstomp mine. From what I gather in the initial post your healers were too bloody stupid to realize their heals werent killing the enemy and DIDNT adapt. It happens.

Isnt that the definition of insanity anyways? Repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome? Hmm wonder if this next heal of mine will make the enemy drop the fang... hmm how about now, okay now!!
    Imasu@randomshard

Shield of Telara

How can Trion do that if 3 of the 4 classes can easilly switch between roles from DPS to Support to Heals.

The only way they could do that is to lock your specific soul you're in when you enter and/or perhaps disable the change souls section.

Would be good but it might also screw queue times and what not up to.. Think of it this way when queuing for dungeons as a DPS and with the amount of DPS there are.. Less chance of getting in. So 1 2 healers per WF would stop others from entering in that WF.

Or something like that..

Sez

Joined a wf on my 28 shamicar and omfg! 6/10 defiants were ****ing healers. Think I saw 4 healing clerics and 2 bards. Our team was doing 0 damage. Their 4 dps weren't too great against us either. The match was decided by who managed to take the fang the 1st, which were the defiants. Then we spent 10 minutes hitting our heads against a ****ing wall of facerolling healers, unable to kill the fang carrier.

Great game, Trion. Almost as fun as pulling teeth.
    So players ruined the game? I already knew that!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I've seen Warfronts where 9/10 were Rogues, or 9/10 were Mages. Your point?

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Telaran

Most people are here just waiting for a better game. PVP in this game is a joke and barely enjoyable. CC is pointless in WF's and healers are a little too god mode. Just about everything you touch is immune. Sit back and just wait for something better instead of taking a mediocre game too seriously imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    How can Trion do that if 3 of the 4 classes can easilly switch between roles from DPS to Support to Heals.

The only way they could do that is to lock your specific soul you're in when you enter and/or perhaps disable the change souls section.

Would be good but it might also screw queue times and what not up to.. Think of it this way when queuing for dungeons as a DPS and with the amount of DPS there are.. Less chance of getting in. So 1 2 healers per WF would stop others from entering in that WF.

Or something like that..
    YES!

- make queuing for wfs based on roles, like you would queue for an instance
    - do not allow role changing inside wfs
    - make the system call the players for wfs based on a BALANCED selection of roles, where no role is being spammed over others.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    The truth is, the game would be a better place without such self-entitled morons.
    umadbro ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast