+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why do people talk "crap" in Warfront's?

Default Why do people talk "crap" in Warfront's?

I really have no quarrel's w/ this game, except the fact i get these jumping fools who have "your a baddie" on macro. They even say it when you beat them 1v1.

I want to know, why do these people do it?

What does it accomplish?

Do other people experience this in their War fronts?

Thank you all
    Last edited by bheta; 06-21-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    P2W means that if I am not spending money, I can't get gear as good as you can get by buying it. If I can get better gear by other means, it's not P2W. ---the_real_seebs

Don't like them, too bad. You don't get a special "Ban who you want!" card. ---Kralon

Ascendant

Some people are under the misconception that MMO's are difficult games and that by winning a WF / killing an undergeared player they are actually "good" at the game.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bheta View Post
    I really have no quarrel's w/ this game, except the fact i get these jumping fools who have "your a baddie" on macro. They even say it when you beat them 1v1.

What does it accomplish?

Thank you all
    You are asking why people trash talk?

That is a way bigger question than just in this game.

Some people see it as good-natured ribbing, some people just love pissing other people off, some just get frustrated and lash out, some try to throw you off your game, it totally depends on who's saying things and what the context is.

What does it accomplish?

Thank you all
    Did their doing so lead you to posting about it on the forums...?

For some of them... mission accomplished.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

It accomplishes the fact that they can't lash out in RL without consequences i.e. the big bully kicking their butt. So, they come here and lash out at people who they can't look straight in the eye and think before they open their mouth or suffer any consequence i.e. a black eye.

Directions are one thing if someone enters a warfront and lays down a battle plan that imo is good. It's the "WTF ROFLBILLIES" that do drag the game down, but thats not Trions fault its the player base maturity index.
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 06-21-2011 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Champion of Telara

It's no different than on the forum or anywhere else.

Some people get emotionally satisfied knowing they've got under your skin.

It makes them happy to rile you up. There's often no reason beyond it than this.

What does it accomplish?

Thank you all
    Translation: I have never played a competitive sport, board game, or other activity in my life.

What does it accomplish?

Thank you all
    are you on the american servers? here on the EU people seem to have respect & decorum which is very strange for pvp in an mmo, best "community" whitefall is bunched with. even the germans that refuse to speak english arent rude or degrading.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

Banned

To add spice to the competition. Who likes playing the game like a robot? I rather enjoy the "crap talk" that flies around in WF's, it let's you know that the other person is into the match and it is more rewarding when you come up against them and win.

Prophet of Telara

Low self esteem pretty much. I know, everyone says "oh it's just for fun!"

No, you have low self esteem, that's why you talk down to people/try to belittle them. It's how it always is. Somehow it automagically becomes something else because people are just "having fun."

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    are you on the american servers? here on the EU people seem to have respect & decorum which is very strange for pvp in an mmo, best "community" whitefall is bunched with. even the germans that refuse to speak english arent rude or degrading.
    Sounds more like you got dead lucky or just aren't paying attention when it flies.

I play on both US and Euro, and the trash talking abounds in both. Engage in some yourself if you want, or just flat out ignore it, that's about all you can do.

Trash talk stopped bothering me back in gradeschool. It's still annoying to watch someone badmouth someone else who IS doing a good job at their role, and being harassed by someone on their own team anyway.

Aside from that, trash talk is as much a part of PvP as the actual killing people part is really, it kind of goes hand in hand for some.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-21-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    PvE vs PvP gear. Solution: Equal gear, for Equal time invested.

Rift Master

It is done for attention. Period.

Generally speaking, the player who enjoys PvP is attracted by the concept "I'm better than them".
    They measure their success by that... they experience satisfaction, based on that.

Some enjoy knowing that they are causing others frustration and annoyance.
    Still others use trash talking as a psychological tool to throw you off your game.
    (if you're thinking about their trash talk, you're not thinking about how to counter their rotation.)

However, I believe that all players who enjoy PvP are emotionally stunted, and desperate to validate their self-worth by asserting their will over others. You can bet that even those that don't trash talk in chat are thinking it, or are just trash talking out loud at home.

It's kinda sad, really...

Most of them will never know the comfort of the opposite sex, because their opening line is invariably something like: "Hey Baby! Like this gear? .... that's right..... it's R6."
    Last edited by Kaelani; 06-21-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    Generally speaking, the player who enjoys PvP is attracted by the concept "I'm better than them".
    They measure their success by that... they experience satisfaction, based on that.

Some enjoy knowing that they are causing others frustration and annoyance.
    Still others use trash talking as a psychological tool to throw you off your game.
    (if you're thinking about their trash talk, you're not thinking about how to counter their rotation.)

However, I believe that all players who enjoy PvP are emotionally stunted, and desperate to validate their self-worth by asserting their will over others. You can bet that even those that don't trash talk are thinking it, or are just trash talking out loud at home.

It's kinda sad, really...

Most of them will never know the comfort of the opposite sex, because their opening line is invariably something like: "Hey Baby! Like this gear? .... that's right..... it's R6."
    lol wayda generalize everyone, its like saying all americans are fat stupid loosers, and all asians are ninjas. would you beleive me if i told you i am currently seeing 2 girls at the same time & have a rank 6 rogue that loves to kill noobs in my spare time?
    Last edited by Himora; 06-21-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    would you beleive me if i told you i am currently seeing 2 girls at the same time & have a rank 6 rogue that loves to kill noobs in my spare time?
    I would...

Would you believe me if I told you that you fell for my trash talk? (lol)

"I was being ironical..." ~ Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast