+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP money sink

Default PvP money sink

It's pretty clear that Trion is using silver artifacts as a money sink. These things cost 50g a piece, 10p for a stack of 20. Since I PvP 4-6 hours a day these days, sometimes more on the weekends, I'm going through 2-3 plat a day just for the Bloodthirsty perk.

The only real plat you get out of WFs is from the greens that drop which sell for pretty much nothing at all.

Now I know what you're going to say, go run your dailies, but since I'm done with my rep grind there's nothing to gain from them except the few plat and I'd waste at least an hour of my PvP time.

In short, unless Trion adds a way to get plat from PvP I think they should reduce the cost of the silver artifacts.

I've never bought a single one...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    I've never bought a single one...
    As a warrior it's pretty much the only healing I get. So yeah...

Telaran

Try playing the whole game and not limiting yourself to just a piece of it. I am sure you will find the game much more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz1 View Post
    Try playing the whole game and not limiting yourself to just a piece of it. I am sure you will find the game much more balanced.
    I finished T2s, rep and rifts. Nothing left but raids and my server has no decent guilds. So yeah...

i have a friend in china you may want to speak with

Ascendant

time management is your problem - the game offers you solutions, if you chose to dont take them its your fault, not trion's.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz1 View Post
    In other words, go out and PvE, because grinding the same mobs over and over again and running the same instances until you want to bang your head into your monitor is what this game's all about. Trion doesn't take PvP seriously, why should you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    time management is your problem - the game offers you solutions, if you chose to dont take them its your fault, not trion's.
    Right, why you aren't skinning a hundred and fifty drakes in shimmersand or running through X-DSM over and over again is beyond me, but you have no one to blame but yourself for not sledging through the absolute tedium of PvE farming. If you want to PvP go play a First Person Shooter, gosh.

-heaps on sarcasm, knowing it should be obvious but remembering that rule of the internet-
    Last edited by Nerus; 06-21-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: internet rule regarding sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    -heaps on sarcasm, knowing it should be obvious but remembering that rule of the internet-
    Sometimes, the best part about reading your posts is all the people that miss the obvious sarcasm in them... they really get their panties bunched up and lay into you... while others are sitting back and wondering how they managed to get on the internet (much less out of the womb).
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I agree with the OP, the prices of the guild perk consumables are way too high. They were much more in line with what they should be at launch, then using them didn't consume them. Now guild perks are almost useless.

(they're not really useless, just way too expensive)
    Last edited by Sinndel; 06-21-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Ascendant

In other words, go out and PvE, because grinding the same mobs over and over again and running the same instances until you want to bang your head into your monitor is what this game's all about. Trion doesn't take PvP seriously, why should you?
    you want to buy stuff, you need money.
    you have tools to make money.
    if you chose to dont avail of them, you have to renounce to buy stuff.
    this is how the world works.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Yes, I could go pick flowers for an hour and be fine for a week but I play this game to have fun.

So Rift is the real world now? No more posting for you til you seek some help.

Some people just have very inflexible minds, they prefer to be sheep. Corral them into a nice little enclosure, give them a few handouts now and then, just enough to keep them coming back and they are happy. They don't even seem to realise this is a product they pay for and it is perfectly within the norms of society to ask for improvements in services you pay for if you find it lacking in some way.

Other people are just so ignorant they think if you aren't doing it their way, then you're doing it wrong.

I'm not so worried about the price on the guild perk consumables, but honestly PvP needs to generate more of a cash flow for sustaining yourself. I am not talking about heaps of money per WF or anything silly, but come on already, any serious PvP could well be using 25-50 consumables or more in a 4 hour time span.

These thoughtless tools suggest to go earn it in PvE. Yeah, lets look at a PvPer who has 4 hours a day to play, in that span of time he could easily spend 3-5 plat on consumables. Depending on calling it could easily take him 2-3 hours to do all his dailys to make the money he needs to PvP. So basically he gets to play the game and enjoy it every other day, and then every off day he gets to go farm junk that could/should be easily purchasable with favor through PvP merchants, or buyable off the AH in a matter of minutes if PvP actually gave enough gold to break even when taken seriously.

Honestly are you guys so worried that people in the WF's will suddenly turn into gold farmers or some crap just because they can now earn a bit of cash? If it wasn't for the fact I need mats from PvE, and money from PvE, I would not PvE. I know quite a few others both in game and on these forums that do the same, and look at PvE as some damned chore that you have to do to get your allowance.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-21-2011 at 07:33 AM.
    PvE vs PvP gear. Solution: Equal gear, for Equal time invested.

Telaran

You could have earned all the cash you need for a days worth of consumables and more in the time it took you to write up your QQ post.
    Cash is ridiculously easy to come by in this game.
    Non-issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast