+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81

Thread: The Arena.... add it

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Rsaetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wis
    Posts
    111

    Default The Arena.... add it

    Copy and paste WoW for the most part. In an Arena you get a friend(s) whom you pick to fight. None of the, at times, frustrationg PuG of Warfronts. Dont lecture of how I should jsut get 20 people to group up and warfont with, give me a break, dont bother to post if that is your case.

    Who else here would like them?

    If you don't want them then is it not viable that you just dont play them and can be ok with the option for others?

    I am fine with Warfronts giving you better favor rewards, I am not asking for it to set up the feeling that one has to do a arena to make the best favor gain.
    No but Llamas with hats are nice.

  2. #2
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Arenas would require a complete redesign.
    They would need to remove Prestige ranks completely so everyone could roll FOTM class.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Rsaetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wis
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Some people would roll a team of FotM as many did in WoW and like all MMOs before they had plenty of balance issues there so long as people take off their rose colored glasses.

    You are right though as far as 3 clerics rolling together, there are builds that would stomp.... Then again there were combinations in WoW that would make you cry and they varied as the balance pendulum swung back and forth from patch to patch.

    As far as the prestige ranks go, naw they can work around that easily enough.

    Also lets remember that WoW under took 3 major revisions-complete overhauls in their PvP system. A MMO is a fluid creature, at least it is if you want to keep your customers. Lets face it, 4 warfronts a annoying rep system and favor wont cut it for another year.
    Last edited by Rsaetan; 06-21-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    No but Llamas with hats are nice.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsaetan View Post
    Copy and paste WoW for the most part. In an Arena you get a friend(s) whom you pick to fight. None of the, at times, frustrationg PuG of Warfronts. Dont lecture of how I should jsut get 20 people to group up and warfont with, give me a break, dont bother to post if that is your case.

    Who else here would like them?

    If you don't want them then is it not viable that you just dont play them and can be ok with the option for others?

    I am fine with Warfronts giving you better favor rewards, I am not asking for it to set up the feeling that one has to do a arena to make the best favor gain.
    No. No no no no no no no.

    Arenas in wow were awful. Areanas are not pvp. Arenas are for a tiny minority of kids to duel the latest form combos and brag.

    Real pvpers want pvp zones and objectives (NOT FLAGS!)

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara mtndew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    my moms ex husband
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    No. No no no no no no no.

    Arenas in wow were awful. Areanas are not pvp. Arenas are for a tiny minority of kids to duel the latest form combos and brag.

    Real pvpers want pvp zones and objectives (NOT FLAGS!)
    WoW arena was MLG. I think that qualifies more as "real pvp" than anything else.


    OT: what we really could use is a small based group with objectives focused on team gameplay. Although, it's not going to happen. A lot of people (like myself) have a small group of friends that like to play stuff like this in a competitive manner.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

    Holla Holla Get Dolla

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Request Denied
    Last edited by JimH; 06-21-2011 at 06:19 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I enjoyed arenas in wow. It was real pvp in my opinion, not objective stuff. It was working with a small team you were GREAT with against other small teams that worked very well together. It took the best timing and understanding of your class, attention to triggers and enemy actions, etc etc. It was intense and in your face.



    WF's are just zergish overall, with wild gear discrepancies and the like. Its not "pvp". Hell Port Scion is basically a PvE map now to kill the enemy leader as fast as possible. Whitefall steps is "who has a bard/riftstalker/mm on their side? They will probably win". That leaves us what? Codex and Black Garden, which are generally "who has more clerics".


    Arenas would be fantastic. I'm actually considering leaving rift (please dont flame or post anything idiotic cause I'm saying this. I'm not posting this for a dramatic effect, I've been just considering it) to get back to arenas in wow. While I dislike wow as a package and a game, I prefer its pvp system at this point, and I think to a degree the open nature of the balance in Rift will make getting to the balance which wow has in arenas now (regardless of the fact its taken them X years) impossible. There are just many more variables in Rift to consider.


    Either way, Arenas would be great....

  8. #8
    Ascendant Magnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    I hated arenas in wow. It was all about running the best build, then finding 1-4 other players who ran the best build for their class, and them also being good. If the best players on your server were taken, you would be left with ****ty players, or players who could be good, but then youd be getting owned by the good teams that you werent able to form up with. It was over competitive and frustrating for the MAJORITY of the playerbase. High ranked players of course had fun, but I've never cared to cater to the top 5-10%, this was one more nail in the coffin for many players.

    If you want arenas, just quit Rift and go back to a game that has them, sparing us the crap we were all hoping we could get away from.
    Last edited by Magnos; 06-21-2011 at 08:10 AM.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Drakinor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Why in hell would you request this??? Arenas were the lethal injection that slowly killed PvP in wow. PvP in wow isnt based on skill anymore but how much time you can dump to cap your conquest points for full epic pvp set in no time. Arenas are horrible in wow, and while I am sure trion would do better still, its a bad idea.

    From my experience, Arenas were just a festering ground for "balance issues" and "FU Blizz your screwing me because I didn't get what I wanted" Lets not bring the RIFT community thats soo much better than the WoW community down to WoW's level.
    All your whining and elitism makes me laugh

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer DaseinNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duske View Post
    Whitefall steps is "who has a bard/riftstalker/mm on their side? They will probably win".
    Those guys are way too squishy. This wins Whitefall every time especially once you also have the Whitefall rep trinket.

    Edit: Updated for 1.3
    Last edited by DaseinNJ; 06-21-2011 at 09:01 AM.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    I hated arenas in wow. It was all about running the best build, then finding 1-4 other players who ran the best build for their class, and them also being good. If the best players on your server were taken, you would be left with ****ty players, or players who could be good, but then youd be getting owned by the good teams that you werent able to form up with. It was over competitive and frustrating for the MAJORITY of the playerbase. High ranked players of course had fun, but I've never cared to cater to the top 5-10%, this was one more nail in the coffin for many players.

    If you want arenas, just quit Rift and go back to a game that has them, sparing us the crap we were all hoping we could get away from.
    Says you? I actually enjoyed arena in wow for a couple of reasons. For one I was good at it and not terrible like i'm sure you were. When you are actually good at something it becomes alot more enjoyable ;) You didn't need FOTM comps to do well in arena if you knew how to communicate and time cc's properly.
    I ran dispelcleave to 2200+ one season and then WLS another to 2400+

    Noone forced you to que up for arena's in wow and noone will force you to que up in rift either. I'm sure you would much rather be safe in your WF's immune to just about everything after a few sec's and not have to use your brain. Pvp soo far in rift is a joke and it will stay that way until something better comes along and leaves you in your mindless grind for scrub WF epics. I for one grow bored by the minute and won't be here long in search for something more competitive.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Dieantwoord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    It's this simple.

    Allow creation of "Warfront Teams" ------------------------- Centurion Dieantwoord
    you can display the team name next to your guild name like <Exile , Team>

    You can que up as a "team" seperately then group que to enter the rated bracket, (with 5 members) and get black garden, codex, or whitefall

    Your win / loss ratio is then displayed on a team tab
    Last edited by Dieantwoord; 06-21-2011 at 09:13 PM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Oblivion333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Please lets not copy WoW and let rift be original. I suggest Rift adds world PvP events oppose to the Warfronts.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 06-21-2011 at 09:14 PM.

    Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Please lets not copy WoW and let rift be original. I suggest Rift adds world PvP events oppose to the Warfronts.
    It's not about "copying" wow numbnuts. It's about having some real competitve pvp instead of only catering to bads who are ok with only having to show up and earn gear like you can in WF's. My five year old son could earn r6 if i showed him how to que up and gave him enough time. Did wow arena have fotm teams? yes. Was wow pvp ever balanced? absolutetly not. But when you put two of the same comps in the arena and pit them up against each other, there is nothing closer to determining skill out there.

    Bads and casuals will always be against any form of real competition becuase without it they can feel special too. They can pretend they are great players because they are wearing the same gear as everyone else instead of actually earning it in real competitive pvp. Bads are against any arena in rift because they know most likely they won't be able to get very far and everyone will know them for what they are..mediocre pvp'rs =)

  15. #15
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yurei View Post
    It's not about "copying" wow numbnuts. It's about having some real competitve pvp instead of only catering to bads who are ok with only having to show up and earn gear like you can in WF's. My five year old son could earn r6 if i showed him how to que up and gave him enough time. Did wow arena have fotm teams? yes. Was wow pvp ever balanced? absolutetly not. But when you put two of the same comps in the arena and pit them up against each other, there is nothing closer to determining skill out there.

    Bads and casuals will always be against any form of real competition becuase without it they can feel special too. They can pretend they are great players because they are wearing the same gear as everyone else instead of actually earning it in real competitive pvp. Bads are against any arena in rift because they know most likely they won't be able to get very far and everyone will know them for what they are..mediocre pvp'rs =)
    No point arguing with them.
    World started with WoW.
    They are probably one of those noob ranged classes that enjoy 50vs50 AOE lag fest fights in which every melee gets ***** cause they die before they cross over.

    I also want Arenas. I really do and I hope they implement them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts