+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP ranks..

Default PvP ranks..

Im at a lose for words here.. trying to figure out why r6 players are paired with r1 or even r3 players.. I just cant figure out how this makes any sense nor how it is fair to those just starting PvP. Can someone please explain the logic behind pairing lower ranks with higher ranks and vet players? Thank you.

Shield of Telara

Trion obviously never thought it through when they started doing ranks and coding new PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Trion obviously never thought it through when they started doing ranks and coding new PvP gear.
    Yeah, they should have thought: "lets split up the PVP queues for Premades vs Premades, and then divide them up by Ranks...then maybe we can throttle how many of each class gets into a game..."

And then no queues would ever pop, more PVP'ers would leave the game, and then nobody would ever have to worry about facing people higher ranks than them.

Problem solved!

Good thinking guys!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post
    Yeah, they should have thought: "lets split up the PVP queues for Premades vs Premades, and then divide them up by Ranks...then maybe we can throttle how many of each class gets into a game..."

And then no queues would ever pop, more PVP'ers would leave the game, and then nobody would ever have to worry about facing people higher ranks than them.

Problem solved!

Good thinking guys!
    Did you even read what you have wrote? How many ppl do you think play Rift? 10k? This is not Darkfall. There is enough ppl for WF's in every rank bracket and even premade vs premade and pug vs pug bracket.

Just admit that you sux and you like this system as it is your only chance to kill some1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    Did you even read what you have wrote? How many ppl do you think play Rift? 10k? This is not Darkfall. There is enough ppl for WF's in every rank bracket and even premade vs premade and pug vs pug bracket.

Just admit that you sux and you like this system as it is your only chance to kill some1.
    Defiant on my server already have a 10 minute wait time with p1-6 merged.

Nice idea.

Not!

My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

Wait, what?

Rift Chaser

the wait would be longer if they split it up but i would be nice it they did split it up because most of the rank 3 and below suck it up and cause a lose i would much rather play with R4-R6 would be better games all around but like i said the wait times would suck

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nordain View Post
    Defiant on my server already have a 10 minute wait time with p1-6 merged.

Nice idea.

Not!
    And that can not be because most casual pvpers donīt bother with pvp anymore and donīt queue at all...

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
    Im at a lose for words here.. trying to figure out why r6 players are paired with r1 or even r3 players.. I just cant figure out how this makes any sense nor how it is fair to those just starting PvP. Can someone please explain the logic behind pairing lower ranks with higher ranks and vet players? Thank you.
    Perhaps they didn't bank on the overwhelming flood of tears. MMOs are progression based, when you hit 50 you've got some progressing to do.

This isn't peewee football, it isn't built to be as fair as possible - part of the fun in mmo pvp is the various levels of gear/skill level/experience.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post

Problem solved!

Good thinking guys!
    Well said. If, for example, the average queue time is 10 minutes at level 50 but you want to split the ranks 1-6 and split premade and pugs that's 12 seperate queues, average queue time 2 hours. Awesome idea, I'll be harvesting and soloing rifts.
    Last edited by Thundermonkey; 06-21-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Perhaps they didn't bank on the overwhelming flood of tears. MMOs are progression based, when you hit 50 you've got some progressing to do.

This isn't peewee football, it isn't built to be as fair as possible - part of the fun in mmo pvp is the various levels of gear/skill level/experience.
    Some of your posts are funny. Yes, progression - what the OP asked for - what you apparently agree should exist...yet are against. Yep, some of your posts are funny.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Some of your posts are funny. Yes, progression - what the OP asked for - what you apparently agree should exist...yet are against. Yep, some of your posts are funny.
    It's just a matter of you and I having a different foundational philosophy about these things.

I don't recall being against progression here, just of the mindset that a struggle is a good thing. It shouldn't be a smooth, painless process. It should be jarring, create drama, create obstacles to overcome, enemies to make - all the good content mmos were based on.

Regarding the progression thing, is your comment based on what I said about gear progression or progression in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    It's just a matter of you and I having a different foundational philosophy about these things.

I don't recall being against progression here, just of the mindset that a struggle is a good thing. It shouldn't be a smooth, painless process. It should be jarring, create drama, create obstacles to overcome, enemies to make - all the good content mmos were based on.

Regarding the progression thing, is your comment based on what I said about gear progression or progression in general?
    It was based on what I quoted - where you said that at level 50, there is progression to be done.

R1s fighting R6s is not progression. Gaining rank/gear is progression, yes, but people do not constantly fail at Greenblight to gear up - they go through T1s - they go through T2s - etc, etc, etc.

R1-R2s should fight.
    R3-R4s should fight.
    R5-R6s should fight.

Winners win...losers do not win.

That would be progression.

Player X losing their way to R6 - losing their way to become a fully geared R5/R6...heh, is not progression.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Champion of Telara

It was based on what I quoted - where you said that at level 50, there is progression to be done.

R1s fighting R6s is not progression. Gaining rank/gear is progression, yes, but people do not constantly fail at Greenblight to gear up - they go through T1s - they go through T2s - etc, etc, etc.

R1-R2s should fight.
    R3-R4s should fight.
    R5-R6s should fight.

That would be progression.

Player X losing their way to R6 - losing their way to become a fully geared R5/R6...heh, is not progression.
    I'm not defending losing giving rewards. The other successful pvp systems I often reference did not include this, and people managed to progress just fine.

What I am defending, is people being forced to fight a variety of enemies while progressing in pvp.

I do not care for how rigid pve progression is in this game, or others like it, to be honest. I'm the type of player that does not want linear gated content. I think having players have to fight a variety of people in pvp in a variety of circumstances is a good thing - even if some of those situations are going to be an uphill fight.
    Last edited by Snyrf; 06-21-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: typos

Rift Disciple

Default This is pvp so stop bishing

R1-R2s should fight.
    R3-R4s should fight.
    R5-R6s should fight.

This is Pvp son **** if u wanna complain about being outgeared or classed in a wf.

1st) This aint pve if u wanna progress like that then go pve where you can progress easily without having to suffer

2) PVP shouldnt be about progression and more about skill because at a certain rank (p4) skill outweighs anything even those that are p6. You can cope just as well as those or do even better then those at p6 but thats only if ur good enough. People that constantly complain and use gear as an excuse are the bad ones. And those who can only win being geared over those who arent are bad too.

3) No competition.....NO COMPETITION do you have it easy when u just first join. Gimme a break rofl. In rl or in games. You start of having to work hard until you reach a certain point except for the excepetional folks.

4) Not all pvpers are bad like you guys and actually like to pvp and like the CHALLENGE? Why the hell would i want to only face off against noob p1's and p2's when i hit 50 rofl? u kidding i wanna pvp against those who think they are pro at p6 and show em whats up not some noob pvpers plus thats how u get better and know what u will be expecting.

5) Less people to play against and long que times. Nty

Only Thing i agree with is they need to change up the premade ques somehow but rank que systems? LOL? you win stupidest idea of the month.

Im done
    Last edited by shortysos7; 06-21-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Rift Master

Get better.

The Rank6 player would most likely beat you in the same gear you have on, hell I know players that strip all their Armor and fight naked and still kill people. Learn your class, ask questions to higher ranks about what soul combinations to use and what abilities to use when. Or just experiment by yourself is fine, as long as you arent one of those who just spams one button to dps and wonders why things wont die, and concludes its obviously because of gear.

The big different you see is usually.. Rank 6 premades, who are much better players, who work together, AND have better gear. If you want to have equal gear to everyone, play some FPS or something. MMOs are all about progression, and improving your character, sometimes you have to fight players who are geared more than you to get it. Hell, nothing is stopping you from getting the PvE gear, which works fine for pvp, especially after the next patch. Also try getting some friends together and form your own premade.

Even if you separated ranks, You would still have the PvE Raiders that would come in and outgear you just as much. You would still have the players that are better than you. You would still have the premades that will dominate your team. Perhaps if they add some other pvp content to do while waiting for WF ques they might be able to separate some ranks or premades(both would be too much). But right now the WFs are the ONLY pvp in this game, and making players wait longer to enter would hurt alot more than it would help. My shard it takes up to 45 minutes at times for a que, and thats with like 5-6? shards in the same que(im not sure the exact number), and thats with nothing separated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast