+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I just hit level 50 - how do I not be dead weight?

Soulwalker

Default I just hit level 50 - how do I not be dead weight?

I'm in crafted epics and instance blues. I cannot accomplish anything remotely useful in a Warfront because everyone has 2000 more hp and equivalently more damage and survivability than me.

How do I avoid being completely bloody useless while I get favor?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Glexarn View Post
    Use your brain. Be excellent support.

If you mage, go archon and boost team?
    If you rog, go camp and distract, or use MM spec (as all losers do)
    If you cler - heal?
    If you warrior - tank and distract.

... be useful support and be teamplayer.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MOHCTP View Post
    Use your brain. Be excellent support.

If you mage, go archon and boost team?
    So I should put up my buffs and go afk in my team's back line?

Shield of Telara

All you can do is just keep at it. Level 50 is stupid even though people say it's where the balance is at. My opinion is the 40-49 bracket felt way more balanced then 50.

Level 50 is basically a grind for Favor/Prestige/Gear atm.. Nothing more. It isn't challenging in my view when you're fresh it's just beyond stupidity. But hey, when you're rank 5 or 6 then you can be like the ones now and act all high and mighty ( ***** ) beating on fresh 50's thinking you're good.

All we can do is wait for Trion to fix it up so it's seperated ranks, premades are seperated or other solutions that will make it better then what it is.

The above didn't help ya much but hey.. That's all there is to it.

You don't have to go support if you're a DPS type, just keep at what you're doing now or you can try different setups and see which makes you enjoy it more.

Soulwalker

So I should put up my buffs and go afk in my team's back line?
    You have only five "semi passive buff" spells.

To be really useful, you should be active on second line: Purging flames, Earthen Barrage, Ashen Defense, Crumbling resist, etc.

Being archon, you can easy boost up to 25% of DPS of your team. You just need to use best ability you have as lvl 50 - your own brain.
    Last edited by MOHCTP; 06-21-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: spell/typo

Soulwalker

You just need to use best ability you have as lvl 50 - your own brain.
    My brain doesn't protect me from Joe Melee doing my entire health bar in damage in one singular stun because I have no gear. And yes, I do know what pre-kiting is and I exercise it. Do you know what a gap closer is? Nevermind ranged rogues doing that damage from spell range, or clerics and mages demolishing me with a handful of spells.

A gap closer means it's impossible as Archon to buff my team nonpassively if I see an enemy meleee so much as consider being within 30 meters of me. You are advocating a hope based strategy - hope the enemy team ignores me so that I can play the game.
    Last edited by Glexarn; 06-21-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Play Port of Scion over & over & over until you can purchase some gear. Since it's PvE now, your contribution won't be as scrutinized.

Apologies in advance for a troll response; unfortunately it's true.

Shadowlander

I don't think there is an easy way to do it, my main is a Pally/Warlord and my first Scion was just horrible. Buff, run out, stunned, dead. Respawn, rinse and repeat.

As a tank who was specced for survivability it was soul destroying to be so squishy and getting steam rolled by pretty much anyone who found me. They do need to sort it out where rank 1 toons aren't up against rank 6's but to do that they might need to expand the battle groups or the queue times will suffer.

Apart from that, stick with it, grind favour, die lots.

Shield of Telara

Just don't think that you are bad because you're dying more then usual or taking more damage.

The people "owning" you as they would put it are most likely rank 6 or close enough, so their "owning" you is in fact just gear related and valor, nothing more.

Soon as you reach at least rank 2 and get a bit more valor you will notice a slight drop in damage done to you. Not much, but enough to give you a slight bit of breathing space.

Soulwalker

My brain doesn't protect me from Joe Melee doing my entire health bar in damage in one singular stun because I have no gear. And yes, I do know what pre-kiting is and I exercise it. Do you know what a gap closer is? Nevermind ranged rogues doing that damage from spell range, or clerics and mages demolishing me with a handful of spells.

A gap closer means it's impossible as Archon to buff my team nonpassively if I see an enemy meleee so much as consider being within 30 meters of me. You are advocating a hope based strategy - hope the enemy team ignores me so that I can play the game.
    To give your team archon buffs, you need to be near team, do you know about it?

To survive on battlefield, you do not need "gear". you need battlefield awareness and quick thinking skills.
    You cant grind or buy them. Oh sorry, you can grind them, but its called experience.

If zero favor gear assisted by your brain not helping you survive against warrior and be useful as teamplayer, do R6 gear assisted by same brain will help against TWO warriors supported by healer?

Shield of Telara

To survive on battlefield, you do not need "gear". you need battlefield awareness and quick thinking skills.
    You cant grind or buy them. Oh sorry, you can grind them, but its called experience.

If zero favor gear assisted by your brain not helping you survive against warrior and be useful as teamplayer, do R6 gear assisted by same brain will help against TWO warriors supported by healer?
    You kinda make no sense mate.

The fact is, gear in PvP at level 50 is a BIG thing. Hence why people "grind" for it.

Awareness and quick thinking can only get you so far and if you mean by that to use CC on incoming warriors or rogues who you know are going to kill you in seconds and then run away, then yes, that is using your brain. But that doesn't mean that it isn't because they are good. It's most likely because they are higher rank with better gear.

A rank 6 warrior can mop the floor with a fresh 50 in a few seconds whilst they stand there wondering why it's so unbalanced. Same as a stealth Rogue jumping you.. You have no chance and as for ranged Rogues and even pyro's, well.. No point in doing anything except putting your head between your knees and kissing your rear end good bye.

Cheer up though, it's just a game after all.

EDIT - My advice as a Mage, start using Dominator. Support your team that way plus you deal damage out. Use Transmogrify on Clerics or even ranged Rogues. That or try Chloro, but be prepared to be bashed on.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 06-21-2011 at 01:46 AM.

I'm in crafted epics and instance blues. I cannot accomplish anything remotely useful in a Warfront because everyone has 2000 more hp and equivalently more damage and survivability than me.

You're the only non-R6 in your entire cluster? I don't think so.

Well I'll bite, few hints.

Rogue= Bard/Riftstalker, Eradicate Bot, or Full Sin.
    Warrior= S&B spec, stay with your healers and protect them.
    Cleric= Warden/Justicar or Inquisitor/Justicar.
    Mage= Someting with Lock: Chloro/Lock, Storm/Lock, Pyro/Lock.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Shadowlander

Ok, so gear bares no relevance in PvP? Valor (reducing damage taken from players) means nothing?

Shadowlander

As a rogue (deep sin spec) coming in to wf's at lvl 50 I manely assisted our healers and took out enemies who were low on health.

It was a lot of fun and I'm sure I made a lot of those high lvl curse in anger.

Adapt to the situation, use your brains and look for ways to help your team ... fun times guaranteed!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    You're the only non-R6 in your entire cluster? I don't think so.
    I don't know what gear gives people what stats, so I don't know what R6 gear looks like, but I do know that in an hour I saw more warriors and rogues with >6300 health, casters with >5500 health than I can count, and received a chain of >1000 crits from what felt like most every DPS melee in the game in the span of ~3-4 seconds per encounter. More common were players at 4800 or so without any buffs. I just assumed it was the normal gear people have. There were several buffed, incredibly painful warriors with 6800-7100hp, is that R6 gear?

I'll try Dominator, thanks for the thought. I just figured it would suck because Diminishing Returns appear to punish control to an extent I'd think only a madman would implement.
    Last edited by Glexarn; 06-21-2011 at 02:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast