+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OMG its gonna have PvP....

Default OMG its gonna have PvP....

Trions next game: Defiance
    The audience at the presentation had a variety of questions to ask, but unfortunately a good many of them were met with the dreaded "We're not ready to talk about that yet." Of these poor, ignored questions was one on the prospect of PvP. Earlier in the presentation, the developers mentioned the chance of running across another group of players and either asking them to team up or perhaps taking a few pot-shots at them. So while the developers aren't currently ready to talk about PvP in its entirety, it's clear that it will exist in some capacity.

Perhaps the most exciting prospect for the competitive types in the audience is the fact that accomplished players -- such as those who are high on the leaderboards or who have had the most impact in the game -- could receive mention on the TV show as the characters sit about in a bar, remarking on current events. However, Trion -- knowing the online gaming crowd as it does -- is going to be careful to ensure that players can't grief the TV show. Sorry, griefers, but no gunning down the show's main characters for you.

links: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06...alks-defiance/
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...-interview.ars
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...d-screenshots/

Prophet of Telara

With Trion's amazing track record on all things PvP, I must say that I am anxiously awaiting their next incarnation of PvP as they have already established the current pinnacle of MMO PvP in Rift.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    With Trion's amazing track record on all things PvP, I must say that I am anxiously awaiting their next incarnation of PvP as they have already established the current pinnacle of MMO PvP in Rift.
    /agree ^^ I like this guy

Rift Disciple

I'm definitely sold on Defiance and the great PVP the great it will have knowing that TRION is the developer....Just like I know that a Korean game will not have a grind...

when asked about PvP in rift, trion developers replied: "We're not ready to talk about that yet."

FPS game has PvP... news at... lol, even the 24/7 cable news stations would not bother with it.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I know right? I can't wait to see the "ground breaking" and "revolutionary" pvp "on day one" as they "push the envelope" of yet another game that's "built from the ground up for PvP".

+ Reply to Thread