+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WF Scoreboard Change.

Default WF Scoreboard Change.

What would peoples opinions be if the scoreboard in the WF's was changed to not list names of the people on the scoreboard, and instead just list their class.

People could then use their own stats as a benchmark to compare against others if they choose to.

It would dramatically cut down on all the little e-peen super DPS kids who smack talk and run their mouths at people who are actively going for the objectives and playing the WF's as intended.

The little ego maniacs could still share their thoughts on how wonderful they are by talking about their super great numbers on the board, but they couldn't single out the poor tanks who are soaking all the damage in the WF and not getting KB's or doing much damage in return.

The rogue who actually guards objectives and slinks around ninja'ing the ooponents flags while they all bottleneck in one place or another wouldn't get all the flak for only having 40k damage while soanso has 120k damage even though he has never even been in LoS of an objective.

The list of benefits goes on, not really sure what the negatives would be, maybe someone could bring a few sensible points to the table, and don't bother with the "how would we tell if someones AFK?" crap, cause if you need to study a scoreboard to tell that someone isn't leaving spawn or has been hiding in a corner for a 1/3rd of the match you shouldn't have access to a scoreboard anyway, you need all the help with observation you can get, not more distractions.

Cheers.
    PvE vs PvP gear. Solution: Equal gear, for Equal time invested.

Shield of Telara

Would be a good idea to speculate on.

Though if you had no names listed, how could you report players?

Might be alright in the sense that you won't see premades if no names and/or server names were listed to.. I dunno..

Think it comes down to the above with reporting.

Id prefer to still have the names. Solely for the purpose of knowing where I am in terms of people that are notably good players.

Also Id much rather know who im going against if you're suggesting they remove the names of enemys on the field. (Nameplates above their heads is what i mean.)

Dont get me wrong, im all for objective pvp, but I dont think that not having a name on the Scoreboard is going to stop the "AoE Kiddies" from saying look at me im #1, where were the rest of you all that game? Blahblahblahblah..."
    Quiver @ Molinar
    <The Enclave>

For most, the first thing they put on in the morning is their underwear. I however put on my headset.

Seeing the names during the fight helps in being able to select targets...

...as for the epeen kiddies feeling their oats with damage in a match lost horribly - well, my /ignore list has more folks from WFs than plat spammers.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    Id prefer to still have the names. Solely for the purpose of knowing where I am in terms of people that are notably good players.

Also Id much rather know who im going against if you're suggesting they remove the names of enemys on the field. (Nameplates above their heads is what i mean.)

Dont get me wrong, im all for objective pvp, but I dont think that not having a name on the Scoreboard is going to stop the "AoE Kiddies" from saying look at me im #1, where were the rest of you all that game? Blahblahblahblah..."
    Oh hell nothing short of removing the board entirely would stop that kind of e-peen strokage heh.

But no, not the nameplates, just the names in the board itself for your allies.

Perhaps a better idea would be to allow people a toggle in their options that made their name not display on the scoreboard if they turn it off, have it default to on.

I don't tend to get singled out for stuff like that unless I'm on my cleric and don't feel like healing that round, but the change I'm suggestin wouldn't stop that so much, as the raid frames are still there, and poeple see a little sword next to my name instead of a cross.

I see it all the time though, some rogue, doing his best to hold vault, or continually flip translation gets a bunch of vitriol spewed in his direction for not being up at the top of damage and KB's when he is contributing more by doing that than any 3-4 other people wildly flinging about spells, axes and arrows in an effort to put up big numbers.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Seeing the names during the fight helps in being able to select targets...

...as for the epeen kiddies feeling their oats with damage in a match lost horribly - well, my /ignore list has more folks from WFs than plat spammers.
    Good point on the target selection, maybe just make it your team only?

I dunno... Maybe it's a horrible idea in general.

Just tired of seeing teamates playing for the team and giving everything they have to put up a win and, gets talked down to by some ******* in an AoE spec that spams up massive damage and accomplishes nothing more than padding the numbers of enemy healers.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    Good point on the target selection, maybe just make it your team only?

I dunno... Maybe it's a horrible idea in general.

Just tired of seeing teamates playing for the team and giving everything they have to put up a win and, gets talked down to by some ******* in an AoE spec that spams up massive damage and accomplishes nothing more than padding the numbers of enemy healers.

Cheers.
    I used to see it mainly with Pyros and Sins. They would be off farming board stats - not working toward the win - and then complain the rest of the team sucked. I just put them on /ignore - they simply worth the time to try to point out the error of their ways. Look at the number of threads from folks that just want some form of DM WF - it is what they are about... I do not have the patience for them.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Oh hell nothing short of removing the board entirely would stop that kind of e-peen strokage heh.

But no, not the nameplates, just the names in the board itself for your allies.

Perhaps a better idea would be to allow people a toggle in their options that made their name not display on the scoreboard if they turn it off, have it default to on.

I don't tend to get singled out for stuff like that unless I'm on my cleric and don't feel like healing that round, but the change I'm suggestin wouldn't stop that so much, as the raid frames are still there, and poeple see a little sword next to my name instead of a cross.

I see it all the time though, some rogue, doing his best to hold vault, or continually flip translation gets a bunch of vitriol spewed in his direction for not being up at the top of damage and KB's when he is contributing more by doing that than any 3-4 other people wildly flinging about spells, axes and arrows in an effort to put up big numbers.

Cheers.
    I totally agree about the rogue thing (I am that rogue sitting patiently at vault waiting for the fight to come his way.) but maybe im blessed with a semi-smart battlegroup, because very rarely is there any flaming going on about the scoreboard in any way whatsoever.
    Quiver @ Molinar
    <The Enclave>

For most, the first thing they put on in the morning is their underwear. I however put on my headset.

What would peoples opinions be if the scoreboard in the WF's was changed to not list names of the people on the scoreboard, and instead just list their class.

People could then use their own stats as a benchmark to compare against others if they choose to.

It would dramatically cut down on all the little e-peen super DPS kids who smack talk and run their mouths at people who are actively going for the objectives and playing the WF's as intended.

The little ego maniacs could still share their thoughts on how wonderful they are by talking about their super great numbers on the board, but they couldn't single out the poor tanks who are soaking all the damage in the WF and not getting KB's or doing much damage in return.

The rogue who actually guards objectives and slinks around ninja'ing the ooponents flags while they all bottleneck in one place or another wouldn't get all the flak for only having 40k damage while soanso has 120k damage even though he has never even been in LoS of an objective.

The list of benefits goes on, not really sure what the negatives would be, maybe someone could bring a few sensible points to the table, and don't bother with the "how would we tell if someones AFK?" crap, cause if you need to study a scoreboard to tell that someone isn't leaving spawn or has been hiding in a corner for a 1/3rd of the match you shouldn't have access to a scoreboard anyway, you need all the help with observation you can get, not more distractions.

Cheers.
    /signed for all the reasons given above.

Seen a cleric have a spoiled rage fit at two different rogues for "afking" and "not doing anything" and "being cowards" and "watching her die" because they knew how to ninja guard flags and not blow their stealth cover jumping out into unnecessary or unwinnable battles, even going so far as to tell people to report an assassin at briarcliff as afk after he had ninja'd the flag 5 times in that one instance.

More than three of us ended up putting on her ignore and she threw a fit and got her guild to go ignoring people who ignored her, if you ask me she should go heal at the statue, scope, or codex and let assassins do their thing since she obviously doesn't understand the first thing about stealth classes, we tried to explain it to her but she insisted on being a scoreboard hero and wouldn't listen to anyone.

Rift Disciple

Just put people on ignore. I think I have almost everyone one ignore so I don't have to listen to some guy whine in every WF. There's always some idiot ranting and 2 months later, the same idiots are still ranting. I know they are still ranting even with them on ignore because other people are complaining about them in the WF to ****.

Prophet of Telara

What is with peoples' obsession to censoring data as a method of controlling behavior? Do you really think that's at all beneficial?

I wish they would get rid of the boards completely then you might see people work as a team to win the match instead of Epeen stroking.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Unhappy

I'm sorry, stats are one of my main methods of targeting.

If I can't look at the scoreboard during the respawn and figure out who is doing the most damage to my team, I can only target a random blue-bar and hope I'm killing someone important.

Beyond that, in all honesty, just don't. If you don't like what someone is saying (and you're too thin-skinned to bear to see it), /ignore them. Otherwise, leave people to play the game and enjoy the game however they like,

You don't like it, don't look at it. It's the adult thing to do. Act like one.

As for the other stuff, stop being ******s about it. It's like a person can't enjoy doing what they do (DPS, killing other toons) without someone screaming about their epeen. Ridiculous. Whatever happened to simply taking pride in performing your role well?
    Last edited by Satiar; 06-20-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    I'm sorry, stats are one of my main methods of targeting.

If I can't look at the scoreboard during the respawn and figure out who is doing the most damage to my team, I can only target a random blue-bar and hope I'm killing someone important.
    This is my main use of the WF scoreboard too. I see it as a personal challenge to find the person on the the opposing team with the highest damage and/or the highest healing done and make sure they subsequently suffer the most deaths. In my cluster Guardian PVP is hopeless, people can't seem to figure out simple win tactics, so I figure rather than ranting about how much my team sucks, I can positively contribute by making sure the high-enders on the other team at least remember my name.
    Last edited by Lonz; 06-20-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Space Core: I'm in Space.
    Wheatley: I know you are, mate! Yep, we're both in space.
    Space Core: SPAAAAACE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast